Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ...
24
64
72
73
74
  1. #1461
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    20,208
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Why, is anything someone imagines or would like to see changed or implement irrelevant?
    Because we're discussing PvP servers. Not your imaginary realm type. In determining whether PvP servers are broken or working as intended, your imaginary realm type is irrelevant.

    How is that insulting? I'm not insulting you at all.
    Calling someone "ignorant" is an insult. How is that not crystal clear?

  2. #1462
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, I absolutely do. It's a totally different dynamic. If I want an equal "fair" fight, there's battlegrounds for that. World PvP gives me the adrenaline rush of avoiding an enemy I can't defeat face-to-face. It's much like any stealth game, where you can't get spotted or the guards shoot you. Same deal.

    Do I expect everyone to feel the same way? Of course not. That's why there's two server types.
    If you're questing through STV (at the appropriate level) and a level 90 shows up there's no "thrill of getting away" cause you're not going to get away. There's no challenge to it. There's no thrill to it except to the level 90.

    There's no logical reason that dishonorable kills or a punishment shouldn't exist for killing lower level players. There's a reason that Blizzard thought it was a good idea to add it in the original iteration of PvP. Them moving away from dishonorable kills wasn't because (OMG PVP MORE INTERESTING) it was sheer laziness in proper implementation to the extent that they've even avoided adding it now under the excuse that "Oh you joined a pvp server so you get what you expect".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  3. #1463
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Dude, there's a massive chasm of difference between debating with people, and insulting them.

    Me saying "no, that's wrong" is not an insult. It's a correction. It's part of normal discussion and debate. I'm entitled to have and express my opinions.

    Me saying "no, that's wrong, and you're an ignorant stupidhead" would be an insult. Because of the bit in italics. You're free to check back through the thread; I haven't insulted anyone. I've called an argument "bullshit", but that's just a strong way to say "wrong". That's as far as I've gone.

    Disagreeing with someone is not insulting to them. Not even a little. It's part of normal discussion. It's what forums like this are for.
    See you are doing it again. You are not debating anything with anyone, all your argument boils down to is; "I'm right and you're wrong."

    You even go on to explain to me in an incredibly condescending way what an insult is and that I am wrong.

    If you believe that someone is wrong (or multiple people in the case) why have you not simply stated your case and left it at that? Why have you continued to argue with multiple people over multiple pages?

  4. #1464
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    20,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you're questing through STV (at the appropriate level) and a level 90 shows up there's no "thrill of getting away" cause you're not going to get away. There's no challenge to it. There's no thrill to it except to the level 90.
    I can and have escaped 90s before as a lowbie. It's by no means impossible.

    There's no logical reason that dishonorable kills or a punishment shouldn't exist for killing lower level players. There's a reason that Blizzard thought it was a good idea to add it in the original iteration of PvP. Them moving away from dishonorable kills wasn't because (OMG PVP MORE INTERESTING) it was sheer laziness in proper implementation to the extent that they've even avoided adding it now under the excuse that "Oh you joined a pvp server so you get what you expect".
    The entire point of PvP servers is unrestricted PvP. Dishonorable kills were added to civilian NPCs, not low-level players, and the goal was to make killing quest providers and such a negative, and it was removed because it led to people avoiding world PvP.

    If you want some restrictions on PvP, that's what PvE servers are for. PvE servers are somewhat misnamed; they are not intended to be PvE-only. They allow for full PvP, save that they require you to deliberately flag yourself for open world PvP. If you wish there were a different server type with different restrictions, okay, but that doesn't say anything about whether or not PvP servers are working properly.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 10:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If you believe that someone is wrong (or multiple people in the case) why have you not simply stated your case and left it at that? Why have you continued to argue with multiple people over multiple pages?
    Because that's how a forum discussion works. You don't just say your piece and leave. You stick around and continue discussing.

  5. #1465
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because we're discussing PvP servers. Not your imaginary realm type.
    Except my realm-type would be very much like a PvP realm. And it'd fix a large issue players have with current PvP as well as PvE realm.

    In determining whether PvP servers are broken or working as intended, your imaginary realm type is irrelevant.
    No, you find it irrelevant, which you're free to find, but I am free to discuss it. Just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you have any authority about someone's opinion. Furthermore it is crystal clear you are not here to discuss or fine tune an idea put forth by someone. Yet, I am very much open to discuss my idea, and for example explain how it'd technical work behind the screen. I gave countless of analogies, and kept the disucussion alive with well put rebuttals. I've been much more of substance than the repeating mantra of "just go to PvE realm" like you kept repeating. Telling someone their opinion is irrelevant, and keeping repeating that, is insulting which isn't something I expect from a moderator. Just ignore them instead. How hard can it be?
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  6. #1466
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,701
    Blizzard should put up a new pvp server called "war server."

    You can only fight people equal to your level (5+-) and during those levels, hits crit etc are equal to your levels.

    And ofcourse, every player should start with a rope that you can catch down people trying to escape in a flying mount.

    And, after being killed in pvp, youll ress at 100% life instead but are more vulnerable to mobs or something.

    Too bad this game is getting too old for this so i shouldnt have hopes.

  7. #1467
    Its funny how they think getting ganked for 15 minutes is much. I remember back in classic, no flying mounts to escape, no class abilities to escape either. You got ganked by the same person for 30 minutes. Then when he stopped, 10 minutes later someone else came and ganked you for 20 minutes, etc etc. And like someone said in that thread, back in classic, rogues were everywhere ready to ambush you. Now even on a PvP realm you bearly get ganked at all so just because someone got ganked once doesn't mean the end of the world. Plus the gankers today usually kill the lowbies once for the lulz then they fly away, cause they have other things to do, but back in classic/tbc when people never had things to do they just corpse camped people for hours. The "worst" thing I encountered was some rogue was camping me so I decided to log off and do other things, I came back 40~ minutes later and he was still there waiting for me. The good times, the good times. Now people want PvP servers to be changed into PvE servers, those newcomers come and want to ruin WoW. Im starting to think this is some kind of organization that plays wow to ruin it. They whine all day and do everything they can for blizzard to change it so socials, noobs and new players can walk through it with their eyes closed. I don't know but I fear for the future of MMOs, what are we who enjoy hardcore MMOs gonna do? When we have only MMORPG games for social people and people with low IQ.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Blizzard should put up a new pvp server called "war server."

    You can only fight people equal to your level (5+-) and during those levels, hits crit etc are equal to your levels.

    And ofcourse, every player should start with a rope that you can catch down people trying to escape in a flying mount.

    And, after being killed in pvp, youll ress at 100% life instead but are more vulnerable to mobs or something.

    Too bad this game is getting too old for this so i shouldnt have hopes.
    That is totally the worst idea I've ever heard. Go play runescape kids, if wow is too hard for you, don't play it and QQ for it to be made easier. Just because the game is old doesn't mean its gonna be bad, but the whining kids on the forums and newcomers are the people that make this game bad with all their crying, like little girls.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-18 at 07:24 PM.

  8. #1468
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    [...]

    That is totally the worst idea I've ever heard. Go play runescape kids, if wow is too hard for you, don't play it and QQ for it to be made easier. Just because the game is old doesn't mean its gonna be bad, but the whining kids on the forums and newcomers are the people that make this game bad with all their crying, like little girls.
    Talk about insulting. See? This part of your post does not address the post being quoted at all! It says "go play X, don't play WoW, you're a whining kid, you're a little crying girl".
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #1469
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    That is totally the worst idea I've ever heard. Go play runescape kids, if wow is too hard for you, don't play it and QQ for it to be made easier. Just because the game is old doesn't mean its gonna be bad, but the whining kids on the forums and newcomers are the people that make this game bad with all their crying, like little girls.

    Im getting tired of these kind of replies. You missunderstood me.

    What i mean about too old is that Blizzard will never be bothered to add a new type of server, they are going to focus on experimenting with different servers in their future games, or in WoW2. Thats what i mean with too old. That im not seeing that they will ever add new type of servers.

    Just one more question to some of you users in this forum, why are you getting so offensive if you dont agree with anything? Do you do it because you want to prove a point? Because if so, im not going to take it seriously. The immature way you type it on just makes me think youre the wrong one even if you might be right. This time, youre wrong, but you have your own opinion about my idea.

    And just one more question. How the HELL is a new server type going to RUIN your game? If you DONT like the server, dont play it, just play in your pvp server. Or do you feel forced to migrate? Then thats not normal.

    Okay im going away now. If you want to argue with me, sure, but remember, if you do another childish reply i will not bother replying you.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-01-18 at 05:08 PM.

  10. #1470
    Warchief coldbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Why you bring the Nazi's and Jews into the subject, without explainig the actual compare, is beyond me.
    Because people are bringing real life RAPE and bullying into the subject, with no valid reason for a comparison whatsoever. Kind of like how you're a Nazi for trying to bully PVPers from exercising their 2nd Amendment right to PVP on PVP servers.*





    * This statement may or may not have a shred of truth to it. Truth and/or sarcasm may be void where prohibited, except as protected by law. No warranty implied or expressed. Use of truth or sarcasm, but not both at the same time, is at your own risk. Both at the same time is just suicidal.


    Edit: come on guys, we can make it to 1500 posts!

  11. #1471
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Talk about insulting. See? This part of your post does not address the post being quoted at all! It says "go play X, don't play WoW, you're a whining kid, you're a little crying girl".
    lolalola, no matter how much you QQ about wanting changes being made to PvP realms, not matter how much you cry out for a different realm type, guess what? Its never going to happen. You read the blue post about this just as much as everyone else in this thread has.

    Bottom line: You consent to fair AND unfair PvP when you accept the warning of PvP servers and roll there. They give players ample warning before you roll, and I dont care (and as a matter of fact, BLIZZARD doesnt care) whether or not you rolled there for XYZ reason. Your buddy is there, your guild transferred there, your dog died and you feel you need to honor him by rolling on a PvP server named after your dog... It does not matter. Rules are rules, and if you get ganked while leveling, and you dont like it, then you should simply roll a PvE server. Yep.

  12. #1472
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I disagree. I killed a level 90 as an 85 and it felt great. I was only able to do it because of how the environment was. If it was in a battleground or in front of org, I know I wouldn't have been able to pull it off. It's moments like that that make me always come back to pvp servrs.
    So it's possible at that range. That's fine, and good job. That's a moment I would enjoy as well. But would you have been able to do it at level 40? 60? No matter what the circumstances are (unless they were afk for a long time)? 85-90 is extremely difficult, but not impossible like it is for most other levels.

    Also, lemme guess... were you a druid in Vashj'ir?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He's right though. Blizzard actively encourages all forms of world PVP on PVP servers. If you can't handle that, it's not the place for you to be.

    If you want limitations on PVP encounters, I suggest you either move to a PVE server or somehow get the message to Blizzard that they should make a new set of servers with the rules you want them to have. PVP servers are for unrestricted PVP. That includes ganking and "dishonorable" actions.
    The problem is that the limitations on PvE servers are too much and are boring. The limitations on PvP servers are nonexistant and it becomes unfun due to insane gaps in power. And this has been brought up to Blizzard but they have no interest in a middle ground, sadly, only two opposing extremes.

  13. #1473
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Because people are bringing real life RAPE and bullying into the subject, with no valid reason for a comparison whatsoever. Kind of like how you're a Nazi for trying to bully PVPers from exercising their 2nd Amendment right to PVP on PVP servers.*
    I never called you a rapist. You're calling me a Nazi here though.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  14. #1474
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,501
    After 74 pages we've not only managed to go in circles for a good portion of it, but we're resorting to calling each other kids, girls, rapists, and Nazi's. I think it's about time this came to an end.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •