Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "It might have helped cut down on the people complaining if they had done something like offer optional server transfers before they put CRZ in place."

I totally understand where you're coming from, but it isn't like they changed pve realms into pvp realms. The fact that the world was empty on low-pop servers and it felt like a pve realm does not change the fact that it was indeed a pvp realm.

The response from Daxx was spot on and it pretty clearly lays out their reasoning if you read through all the blue posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    I am Cold and I support this.
    You're a feral druid. The other ganker class, besides rogue. Yes, you would support it.

Deleted
    The problem is that when you're a newbie, you either select a server at random or you choose the server your friends play on, so you may join a pvp server without having really made the choice, because you don't even know what pvp or pve means. And since transfers have such an outrageous price, many people don't really have any other choice but to let their frustration out on the forums.

The post itself is good, it does kinda brush off what the OP was talking about IMO about higher level players having such an overwhelming advantage over lower level players. It felt like another one of those, "I dont have an answer for you so Ill give you another one you probably already know," of responses. I leveled an alt in WotLK and Cata and it was not peaceful, at least not on my server. Maybe low population and highly imbalanced servers there was a lack of world PVP, though not on my server. The only times you got away from PVP was by queuing up for dungeons and sitting in a city which is something that Blizzard is at fault for creating. In the case of imbalanced realms, the realm community somewhat created that for themselves as the players showed that they wanted to be on the dominating faction that doesnt have to deal with world pvp or at least the challenging/frustrating aspects of it.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2012-12-06 at 10:24 PM.

The thing is that they have not ensured that those areas where you should be safe, are actually safe. Only certain sanctuary areas have guards that are a high enough to defend you, if they try and defend you at all. For instance, take the farming area in MoP, if you try and attack someone, that guard that appears one shots you, because it is a sanctuary. If I'm in a sanctuary in a low level area, the guard is low level as well. So not only do they kill you and camp you, they kill the quest giver you've been trying to get to.

It's not PvP if it is one sided. It is ganking. And the fact that there is now a blue post saying to just deal with it, is a sign of things to come. Blizz does not care about the state of the "community" of the game. Saying that you should just deal with it, and be an asshole right back when you hit max is neither helpful to those that are frustrated, nor is a responsible thing to say to a gaming community. There is a reason that only 1-10 starter accounts end up making it to be real accounts, because when you take a fully leveled and geared character and go spawn camp a new player, they don't want to play anymore.

And NO people do not necessarily take the type of realm into account when choosing. I'm sure that most of us, at the start of our playing WoW likely picked a server based on where our friends who played already, were at. We want to play with our friends, so we start on a PvP server.

All in all, I think there are just some places that need to be looked at. For instance the Dark Portal and the surrounding zone, can be a slaughter house, and literally stop all leveling in the zone, forcing you to run dungeons or BG's to level to 60 because you can sit in the Inn and wait for the players to leave. Because the guards can't kill max players. There are several bottle necks like this that make it extremely frustrating to level, and it is those places that need to be looked at. As well as how inadequate the guards are in sanctuaries, as well as places that are supposed to be a place for you to feel safe such as a major city in a zone should be. That is what makes it the most frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The post itself is good, it does kinda brush off what the OP was talking about IMO about higher level players having such an overwhelming advantage over lower level players. I leveled an alt in WotLK and Cata and it was not peaceful, at least not on my server. Maybe low population and highly imbalanced servers there was a lack of world PVP, though not on my server. In the case of imbalanced realms, the realm community somewhat created that for themselves as the players showed that they wanted to be on the dominating faction that doesnt have to deal with world pvp.
    In my experience more balanced servers were more fun as both sides could call upon assistance to equalize fights and have a challenge. The people who transfer factions/servers so they can have overwhelming odds miss the point.

That being said, the biggest problem with PvP realms is flying mounts. They make world PvP almost entirely optional for those with them, and they make it nearly impossible for those without them to escape. Before flying mounts there was thriving equal level world PvP, but skilled or knowledgeable lowbies could escape a high level ganker by knowing how to respawn in a good area and run the hell away. Tracking lowbies was much more difficult from the ground than from the air.

Anyone complaining about being ganked on a PvP realm needs to put on their big boy pants, but a good world PvP experience died with flying mounts.

I'm seeing alot of 'wahhhhh' and 'RAWR' on this topic.

These days you know what pvp servers are, what its like, and what happens. Don't go there then bitch about being killed while trying to quest by higher level players. By going into that server you are signing yourself up for it, so don't bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's damn right. If u don't like that, play on a PvE realm.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

for once an excellent blue post about pvp.

Deleted
    There is ONE big problem a great many people don't seem to be able to understand. One side completly outnumbering the other turns a PvP server pointless. On my realm there's hardly any Alliance whatsoever left, if you're out in the world it's pretty much as if you're playing on a PvP realm. Alliance are more rare then the rare NPC's.

So there isn't any real PvP for the Horde aside from 20-30 people jumping the lone Alliance who actually dared to try to quest or do anything whatsoever outside of a safe zone every few hours. Now add to that that my server is one of the fullest of my language pool and you might be able to understand that there's a tiny problem with these circumstances.

As Horde it's nigh impossible to actually find some Alliance to fight, as Alliance it's nigh impossible to do ANYTHING whatsoever. No arena mates, no people for RBG, questing and leveling outside of Dungeons/BG's is impossible because everywhere is filled to the brimm with Horde. Only got to know that when I leveled an Alliance rogue so I could gank some people I know.

I don't mind PvP, in fact it's the thing I do most of the time. I however mind the system being completly screwed up as it is on my server and no ammount of "let the blood be spilled" idiocy is going to change a damn about that.

Deleted
    ganking is absolutely fine and the risk of getting ganked/retribution was (please note: past tense) one of the key thrills of playing on a pvp server

flying mounts have sucked any and all fun there was once to be had a long time ago in world pvp out of it.

To make matters worse, CRZ has made an already depressingly diminished experience ultimately meaningless. Getting ganked by or ganking a nameless random player you will in all likelihood never ever see again (and certainly not at max level when rivaries really flourish, since pandaria is CRZ-free territory [thank god]) has no meaning whatsoever.

They dont even acknowledge that 9 out of 10 PvP realms have incredibly lopsided faction imbalance. Because CRZ is such a great bandaid... yeah right. The only noticeable effect is extreme ganking around Dark Portal which, again, due to flying mounts is utterly meaningless and makes me depressed when thinking about classic world pvp...

While the ratio on my realm is not as horrible as it is on most PvP realms I still refrain from ganking obviously outmatched alliance players too much out of fear even more will transfer away or faction change. Not that there is any meaning or excitement left for open pvp in this game anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Also, to touch on the reduction of complainers... Your suggestion wouldn't reduce the overall number of complainers. It would just switch it to something else... Like "These PvP guys are getting server transfers... why can't I have one?"
    Alright...I can, perhaps, agree with that. It wouldn't reduce the overall number of complainers, but it would reduce the number of people complaining about getting ganked and camped by 90s on PvP servers.

I don't personally agree with CRZ and I probably never will until it also includes cross realm auction houses and current raids. However that's a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    What do you think about it? Oh and I think It's awesome DEAL WITH IT hahahaha!!! Okay your turn ~
    I think you're just griefing ganker and Blizzard will cave in once it understand that this retardness only benefits 1% of people who somehow enjoy causing misery to others. Did you liked to bully people at school as well?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I think you're just griefing ganker and Blizzard will cave in once it understand that this retardness only benefits 1% of people who somehow enjoy causing misery to others. Did you liked to bully people at school as well?
    Sorry what PVP is happening on a pvp server is all I read there; SORRY!

10+ Year Old Account
    wow

he didn't manage to be condescending or a dick at all lol. that is quite the accomplishment. i lose my patience trying to talk with people who don't appreciate the idea of a pvp server.

people have been crying for 8 years and nary a finger has been lifted

i wouldn't count on it

If I had known this back in 2005, with added knowledge of the insane imbalance on the server I came from, I would've known better and relocate to a Normal realm when I hadn't done a single level yet. Yet I was unaware of this when I first started playing an MMO. Often I wished someone would've asked me if I really wanted to play the game the pvp realm way in a very descriptive manner. It's a thing of the past now, I exchanged the dangers of the pvp realm with the blissful solitude of the normal realm :> Still don't really agree with the price tag on that though... But that's a whole different story!
    Last edited by Bloodline; 2012-12-06 at 11:35 PM.

It's nice to see him say that. I never understand these people whom say "Im only on a pvp server cause my friends are on it". Okay, so, call your friends whom you are apparently such good friends with you altered your preferences to play with them and have them come rough up the people trying to gank you. If they aren't willing to do that why the hell did you come to that server to play with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    My opinion?

It might have helped cut down on the people complaining if they had done something like offer optional server transfers before they put CRZ in place.
    And yet cross realm zones didn't make pvp happen on pvp realms because of the whole being pvp realms thing. This is the kind of idiotic comments that we don't need. I don't care why people join pvp realms the fact of the matter is they are still pvp realms and pvp happens and blaming it on cross realm zones just shows the mindless propaganda by the anti cross realm zone crowd is unfortunately quite effective.

I could never understand complaints from people who made conscious decision to play on PvP servers about ganking. You knew the rules when you made the realm choice. There shouldn't be any more discussions.

EDIT: I always played on PvE realms, but I respect the playstyle of PvP servers. It's not my thing so I don't go there. It's absolutely ridiculous, when you already have an option to roll on PvE server, to roll PvP and then complain about it.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-12-06 at 11:44 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    I stay off PVP servers for a good reason. No it's not cause I'm a carebear, people need to stop resorting to insults. It doesn't help your argument. I've suffered enough offline I don't want to suffer online(Melodramatic maybe). I just don't like ganking others who are too low to stand a chance against me. Now if you come to Goldshire....and just stand there...

I may want to kick you out of the Goldshire club. >
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi