Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello this thread is fantastic, i'm really glad it got this much attention, and I feel like I should respond.

Our spriest uses halo and our brewmaster uses guard and chi wave no matter how many healer specced classes we take. Doesn't really matter what your definition of 'solo-healing' is we took one healer specced player and killed the boss one and a half minutes faster than any other logged kill in the world.

Yes we used hybrid healing and tank absorbs, all 10 players contribute to the fight however they can. Of course I couldn't do all the healing without help from the other players in the raid (aside from the fact they would be playing quite sub-optimally if they weren't putting out these absorbs/healing). I think its important to note that it would also not be doable without enough dps to beat the retreat, squeezing out dps was just as important as the dps/tanks that contribute to healing.

I had intended the interesting part of this video to be about beating empress' phase 2 timer rather than 'solo healing' (by any definition) and the SOLO HEALED caps was an attention grabber. There seem to be some seriously butt-hurt egos so I'm sorry for coming across as bragging! This wasn't particularly challenging and I think a lot of guilds could manage the same thing. It was just a fun experience/gimmick I thought I would share with the community.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-12-07 at 04:45 AM.

I'm not comfortable with all the lies and misinformation being fed to the poor MMO champ community.

The truth is that normally we don't take anyone specced as a healer, my sweet Ox statue and I just carry the team through all the encounters with our ginormous healing. Palawin just really wanted something to show off to the MMOC community because he's trying to monetise his youtube channel to fund his horrible cocaine addiction.

I felt sorry for him so I let him spec holy and stand in the corner mashing holy shock on himself while the rest of us killed the boss.

Boy that feels good to get off my chest.

I used my healthstone with dark regeneration twice and I used unending resolve and dark pact. In addition to the monk and priest healing, I, the warlock, also healed. I guess this was actually a 4 healed kill and not a solo healed kill as the OP mentioned. I am sorry that he mislead you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dikcasts View Post
    I used my healthstone with dark regeneration twice and I used unending resolve and dark pact. In addition to the monk and priest healing, I, the warlock, also healed. I guess this was actually a 4 healed kill and not a solo healed kill as the OP mentioned. I am sorry that he mislead you all.
    I knew the truth would come out eventually, I'm just glad you guys had the decency to come clean! Well, barring Palwin's coke addiction... but one step at a time, right?

Does a Sha of Jealousy exist? I think it got many many many people, this thread is evidence and proof that it exists.
    Cry some more.
    Saying classes can't even use their CDs? Beyond stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    I'm sorry guys, you're right. I'll try to be better next time. I'll make sure to tell the tanks not to use their mitigation, and inform the hybrids not to use their healing or defensive cooldowns.

Are we allowed to use healthstones?
    Yea they are just jealous about what you did there. Those people are glad they have their 6/6 LFR and trying to teach you here.

Good job man!!
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    This was one hell of a hillarious trhead to read through

thanks for the fun read ^^

PS: gdjob OP
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Nice job guys, funny thread too.

Wish my raid has this awareness

This thread is hilarious
    It's a cool thing, but... regardless, normal modes are normal, on heroic 25m most of our healers are doing more HPS than that paladin, so I don't find it "all that impressive".
    I guess you never solo healed. There were encounters on which you would be required to do significantly less healing, if you solo heal. To name the few: Marrogwar, Lady Deathwhisper, Rotface, Putricide, Cho'gall, Alysrazor, Majordomo, Hagara, Ultraxion. I might've forgotten some. This doesn't exactly mean that healing got easier when your hps dropped (though in some cases it was easier to solo heal than duo heal). You still need a lot more awarness of boss mechanics, and you need to make right priorities of what you heal so people don't die.

HPS matters nothing in encounter healing difficulty. Garalon isn't challenging for healers at all even though you do fuck loads of HPS. At the same time healing Zorlok is way harder and you do like twice less HPS there.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

I have no words.

Congrats on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    While its impressive numbers and a grand feat I don't really see it as solo healing. The 2 offspec people did 55k hps together. Just because they weren't in a traditional healing spec doesn't mean you solo healed it. In fact, you did 44% of total healing.
    With your amazing logic my guild 6 healed and 3 tanked WotE Heroic 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthward View Post
    With your amazing logic my guild 6 healed and 3 tanked WotE Heroic 10 man.
    Care to point out the flaw in my logic instead of being sarcastic <snip>?

With your logic they could have got another monk and priest there and no healed it.

No need for the name-calling, wasn't needed. Please be mindful of other forum viewers. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-12-12 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Definitely not a solo healing because the players are fully buffed. So because every player in the raid did healing the actual healer only counts for 10%. Now remove the benefit from buffs and we can draw a conclusion that he 8% healed it.

Impressive! My raidlead was totally amazed when I told him there is a guild that did this boss without an add phase

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Definitely not a solo healing because the players are fully buffed. So because every player in the raid did healing the actual healer only counts for 10%. Now remove the benefit from buffs and we can draw a conclusion that he 8% healed it.
    Exactly the math I was hoping to see. Who the fuck bothers buffing in a raid these days? These idiots think they're special because they cast spells which increase your raid's effectiveness.

I like this thread.

but yeah, gj

Wow...love this thread, so basically the number of Healers brought to an encounter is now always atleast n+1, where n = Number of actual heal specced players and the +1 you have to add for the fact that classes using their defensive and healing CDs....just wow....does this mean, for instance if a DK is soloing content it doesn't really count because he heals himself and therefor this one person is actually 1,5 people? So confused...

Gratz to the Paladin and his guildmates, really nice done.

Deleted
    This thread is awesome

Grats OP, hope the cocaine thing works out. And Shootz is my hero! *throws underwear at monitor*

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    The BrM guard together with his Chi Wave ontop of a Shadow Priest with Halo ain't what I call solo healing, but nice nonetheless
    Even though halo is a dps increase for Spriests to use as well as guard + chi wave are tools that every Brewmaster tank should be using..

Deleted
    so basicly, in your group:

- you had 9 ppl DPSing th boss
    - you had 3 healers- pala, monk, priest and some offhealers
    - you had 2 tanks

so yeah, even if we forget the offhealers, there were at least 14 ppl in your group !

so good job on killing a 10 man boss with 14 ppl, clearly an exploit