• Yes!

148 21.20%
  • No!

550 78.80%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You took my post too seriously which is something I tried to get across but apparently didn't do a good enough job.
    I understand you're not seriously promoting any of these concepts.

I said, Notice the "If" there. If the mayans (or anyone else) could predict the future (not saying they did) you would not be able to apply logic to it because it would be something outside of normal logic.
    I strongly disagree that anything can be "outside of logic". Even illogical ideas or concepts can be broken down into components and analyzed. Even if anyone could predict the future, some mechanism or method would be involved (and certainly worthy of discussion and analysis). No matter how it's characterized, logic still applies.

There will be a shift into the age of Aquarius, but that doesn't really mean much.
    No, it doesn't mean much, because it's a rather meaningless concept from astrology -- there's no physical significance whatsoever. Some astrologers claim that "shift" already happened over 500 years ago while others say it's not due for another 1600 years. More importantly, none of this has anything to do with the Maya.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes, it is.
    It consists of sequences of news footage covering unrelated events which have fairly mundane explanations -- but those explanations, conveniently, aren't provided. It also includes deliberate misrepresentations, like the silly claims included about NASA's SDO solar imagery or the ice halo around the Sun (ooo, scary!). Whoever made the clip is looking to connect all these things, claiming that they're out of the ordinary, and suggest they're all happening for a reason ... and then tries to link it to the Bible. Yawn.

That the creators of these kinds of clips never look for rational explanations is quite telling. They just link together a mass of shit, throw it at the wall, and hope some of it sticks.

Seriously, what do you think makes it a "good watch" and why?

Deleted
    A Winery nearby is renting out the Wine cellars for 500 euro per person. They guarantee you will survive or your money back (plus a free bottle). I wish I was joking lol. Last I heard they were booked up.
    All the nutjobs who build Bunkers will not even need them.
    The Doomsday prophets will say they miscalculated and it will happen in year so and so. More details available in their new books.

Long story short. A bunch of fools will be separated from their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    A Winery nearby is renting out the Wine cellars for 500 euro per person. They guarantee you will survive or your money back (plus a free bottle). I wish I was joking lol. Last I heard they were booked up.
    All the nutjobs who build Bunkers will not even need them.
    The Doomsday prophets will say they miscalculated and it will happen in year so and so. More details available in their new books.

Long story short. A bunch of fools will be separated from their money.
    It's indeed a golden opportunity to make money out of fools, but I'd rather not sink to that level of douchery (even if it's legal).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I hope if it does happen it happens before I have to go to work on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet12 View Post
    I hope if it does happen it happens before I have to go to work on Friday.
    It might happen TONIGHT to be honest. Considering that Wellington New Zealand is one day ahead of us..It is already the 20th for them so...tonight we see

No doomsday theroy can hold a "date" it will happen. Because no one shares the EXACT same time...as for an example, New Zealand..a day ahead;.
    Last edited by Malcor; 2012-12-19 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    It consists of sequences of news footage covering unrelated events which have fairly mundane explanations -- but those explanations, conveniently, aren't provided. It also includes deliberate misrepresentations, like the silly claims included about NASA's SDO solar imagery or the ice halo around the Sun (ooo, scary!). Whoever made the clip is looking to connect all these things, claiming that they're out of the ordinary, and suggest they're all happening for a reason ... and then tries to link it to the Bible. Yawn.

That the creators of these kinds of clips never look for rational explanations is quite telling. They just link together a mass of shit, throw it at the wall, and hope some of it sticks.

Seriously, what do you think makes it a "good watch" and why?
    I found it interesting/freeky enough to watch the whole 20 minutes, thought I'd share it for other people who might be interested but I can see you're king mr.serious.

I'm not saying "OH WATCH THIS, UNDENIABLE PROOF THE WORLD WILL END ON THE 21ST!!11!" just said it was a good watch.

Im travelling home for xmas that day really. I don't believe in this thing, but i wonder if i should or something. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill let you know how it goes its the 21st tomorrow for me, if u dont hear back from me i love you all
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    Im travelling home for xmas that day really. I don't believe in this thing, but i wonder if i should or something. :|
    Why should you? If you do not believe it, you don't believe it! If you do, then look up the facts and see that its all rubbish!

Deleted
    Didn't they also predict 2004's Tsunami, 2001's attack and the rise of the nazi's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Didn't they also predict 2004's Tsunami, 2001's attack and the rise of the nazi's?
    No, they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I found it interesting/freeky enough to watch the whole 20 minutes, thought I'd share it for other people who might be interested but I can see you're king mr.serious.

I'm not saying "OH WATCH THIS, UNDENIABLE PROOF THE WORLD WILL END ON THE 21ST!!11!" just said it was a good watch.
    I'm aware you didn't say that. When you look up the contents of the video though and discover there are pretty simple explanations that are left out entirely, you'll find that it's neither particularly freaky nor interesting. I just didn't understand why you thought it was worth the time... unless you like people lying to you in videos.

Deleted
    I'll win the Euromillions next friday, that's what the Mayan predicted as "Change".

10+ Year Old Account
    That was just a shitty misinterpretation of Nostrodamus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwine View Post
    No, they didn't.
    Im fairly sure about 2004 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    It might happen TONIGHT to be honest. Considering that Wellington New Zealand is one day ahead of us..It is already the 20th for them so...tonight we see

No doomsday theroy can hold a "date" it will happen. Because no one shares the EXACT same time...as for an example, New Zealand..a day ahead;.
    When people are specifying the passing of the solstice as "the" time for the (non-) event... that would translate to 12:12 AM on December 22nd for kiwis. So they'll have to wait along with the rest of the world to see nothing happen.

We already passed 12/21/12 according to the Mayan calendar.

Why does everyone choose to ignore the introduction of leap years?!?! We're somewhere in the year 2014 according to said calendar.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Cmoon guyz i thought we were all going to vote yes! You made me very disappoint.!

Im fairly sure about 2004 though.
    I'm fairly certain they didn't. In fact as far as I am aware the Mayans didn't make any predictions about anything whatsoever (Outside of their customs and religion, that is.) Besides, how on Earth could an ancient civilization predict a natural event thousands of years after their demise?

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    We already passed 12/21/12 according to the Mayan calendar.

Why does everyone choose to ignore the introduction of leap years?!?! We're somewhere in the year 2014 according to said calendar.
    Its been said enough times that they took that in consideration when translating the calendar. Not that it matters anyway . . .
    Last edited by Summerwine; 2012-12-19 at 11:34 PM.

You should change those vote options as it's quite misleading unless you read the OP (and since we're on page 23, not everyone will)

PS: http://www.terriblefate.com/ Shoutout to Zelda/MM fans.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.