How trap launcher works

Hello guys,

For the record ive been playing for a couple years, and only lately has this baffled me. I'm probably only missing something, maybe quite obvious, without getting it.

Why does sometimes my traps launch automatically with trap launcher, and sometimes they dont? Since trap launcher was introduced I've been using this /castsequence traplauncher, <trap> macro, but as of lately it seemed useless as I had to spam the thing and it wouldnt work half the time. I was doing some PvP yesterday and I figured I only needed the trap to launch it. Today I did the same thing but it wouldnt launch the trap, it would just drop it.

Can anybody mind explaining to me how the heck traps work, and the best way to make it work? I'm getting frustrated.

Deleted
    In Cata, you needed to press Trap Launcher before every trap you wanted to throw. Now, when you press Trap Launcher it stays active until you turn it off. I think your macro is turning on trap launcher and throwing the trap, but then the next time it's turning it off and placing a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    In Cata, you needed to press Trap Launcher before every trap you wanted to throw. Now, when you press Trap Launcher it stays active until you turn it off. I think your macro is turning on trap launcher and throwing the trap, but then the next time it's turning it off and placing a trap.
    THANK YOU for this!

I can't believe I just figured this out. I love you forever.