Deleted

Sooo shields .. or oh.... (hpala)

Well ... everybody knows hpala should wear a shield <3

But i got a oh upgrade... now im wondering if that is a smart move to replace my shield with the oh ?
    Just curious about it couldnt really find the anwser, i remember back in the day it was shields <3

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvE? Doesn't matter, as most of the time you aren't taking physical damage (don't really need the armor) as much as healing stats are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    PvE? Doesn't matter, as most of the time you aren't taking physical damage (don't really need the armor) as much as healing stats are needed.
    This, not even sure how many fights have you taking physical damage anymore.

Deleted
    Alright thanks ! then ill keep the OH untill i get the shield ^^

garalon, one way to maximise dps is to have a holy pala soak cleaves due to huge ammount of armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Shields just look right on a holy paladin though.

doesn't really matter...there isn't a spirit+mastery offhand/shield in raids, so you're screwed either way

Also, I haven't even been able to get one with the shaman/priests/monks around me. so I'm a little bitter. Metanoia Shield is still pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    The first 4 bosses in HoF deal some form of aoe physical damage.

Stats > armor. I don't know what back in the day you're referring to, but you're a healer. If an OH with better stats drops, take the OH.

Deleted
    I switched my heroic off hand for heroic shield due to physical damage on bosses. Gave me another 11% reduction.

(bosses with physical damage obv)
    Last edited by mmoc15252ea3f3; 2012-12-07 at 06:53 PM. Reason: clari

Unless you're on a boss where you need to absorb physical damage use whichever has the best stats.

Well, don't forget about the other healers in your team. You and shamans are the only ones who can use healing shields. So if you take the off-hand now, and then the healing shield drops, one piece of loot is going to get wasted.

A better strategy might be to let the druid/priest/monk take the offhand first, and you take the shield. Only take the off-hand if it's going to be sharded (or go to a non-healer as offspec).

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Spirit kings subtai damage, massive attack. Rage damage in will. Force and verve, attenuation, exhale, wind step, unseen strike, crush, furious swipe if a melee has to kite on heroic, maybe parasitic growth. rough landing, massive stomp, rain of blades, whirling blade, kor'thik strike, sonic = physical so, dread screech, sonic discharge, dissonance field, dispatch, sonic blade, death blossom, and possible tank voodoo doll damage.

Did I miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the stats of the off hand are more than a minor difference compared to the shield in question, I would go with the shield. Without a shield, your armor is much less and therefore you are giving up one of your strengths as a paladin. You are no longer a heavily armored healer. You're now a medium armored healer. I know that most of the damage inside of heart of the fear is physical. A shield helps. Without one I feel like a squishy.
    Last edited by jmac28083; 2012-12-08 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Force and verve, attenuation
    Force and verve and attenuation are definitely not armor mitigated, whatsoever. That said I know there's definitely some stuff where the armor helps and obviously if stats are similar (even ignoring the armor, the shield should be better than the OH from heroic mode), you'll want the shield.

Personally on my paladin I made a 476 offhand with better stats, because the damage on Vizier is not armor mitigated, but in case a shield would be helpful on other fights I kept my 471 shield in my inventory. Can't go wrong that way.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-08 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    flavor !

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Force and verve and attenuation are definitely not armor mitigated, whatsoever. That said I know there's definitely some stuff where the armor helps and obviously if stats are similar (even ignoring the armor, the shield should be better than the OH from heroic mode), you'll want the shield.

Personally on my paladin I made a 476 offhand with better stats, because the damage on Vizier is not armor mitigated, but in case a shield would be helpful on other fights I kept my 471 shield in my inventory. Can't go wrong that way.
    Its physical damage, bopping people makes them immune to it. I don't see why armor wouldn't mitigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Its physical damage, bopping people makes them immune to it. I don't see why armor wouldn't mitigate it.
    Not all physical abilities are able to be armor mitigated, even if it's you can bop it. I'm not sure about all abilities you linked (I think massive attacks is mitigated, for instance, but don't know) but know for a fact that neither attenuation nor force and verve are reduced by armor.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Not all physical abilities are able to be armor mitigated, even if it's you can bop it. I'm not sure about all abilities you linked (I think massive attacks is mitigated, for instance, but don't know) but know for a fact that neither attenuation nor force and verve are reduced by armor.
    If thats the case then scratch off all of the sonic damaging abilities. I hate how heart of fear makes devo more or less useless.

It's good for Pheramones...and the end of Queen...

Other healers ask if I have CDs to help the raid with raid damage...I wish I had something more than burst healing and a couple sacs
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI