Realm First achievements and Faction change

Hey,

We just got the Realm First achievement for Heroic MSV a couple of nights ago, and we're thinking of faction changing to Horde for the PvE racials. I was wondering if faction changing is going to interfere with going for Realm First Heroic HoF?

From what I understand, you only get a lock-out period from Realm Firsts for changing servers. We are staying on the same server, just a different faction. Will we still be locked out from Realm Firsts?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Afaik will you only get the "realm first lockout" when you swap server. That is probably so you can't swap to a dead server if you loose the race for RF.

But I am not 100% sure about this. Open a ticket

last i checked you still need 2 months on the server before realm first

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    last i checked you still need 2 months on the server before realm first
    Didn't even try to read his post, did you?

OP ; faction swapping should not interfere with a Realm First! spam.

My understanding is that any Realm First achievement that you have ALREADY earned prior to you or your guild server swapping will not be taken away. The only way you would not earn a Realm First achievement is if you go to a low pop server, while still on the two month cooldown, and kill a boss that has yet to be killed on the server.

In short, no i do not think Blizzard will take away an achievement that was earned prior to the transfer, i am like 99% sure of this but for good measure put in a GM ticket for a definite answer. Grats on the Realm First as well.

Thanks a lot guys. We we're just trying to clear this up before the change. I tried calling Customer Service, but I don't even get added to the wait queue. I get disconnected immediately. Ticket says it will take 3 days =\.

Thanks again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. We we're just trying to clear this up before the change. I tried calling Customer Service, but I don't even get added to the wait queue. I get disconnected immediately. Ticket says it will take 3 days =\.

Thanks again.
    It won't take 3 days I had to open a ticket cause of a phasing bug. It said 7 days and 11 hours. Went to bed and when I checked my account in the morning they had answered my question.

Deleted
    Making a ticket is nice if you want a total random answer that holds no value whatsoever for a situation like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ticket will be your best bet as stated, but I too am rather certain that faction change won't lock you out of realm firsts.

So I just got off the phone with Blizz. Even if you just faction change on the same server, you're ineligible for realm firsts for 3 months.

Just an update if anybody reads this in the future.

Deleted
    Wow.. Sounds really wierd. Oh well.

Dunno about that. The guy who got realm first CM gold on our server faction transferred to horde to do some of them with a horde guild from another server, came back to alliance, and got the RF a few days later. For guild RFs it may be different, but faction transfers definitely don't put individual RFs on cooldown as long as you stay on the same server.

Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    So I just got off the phone with Blizz. Even if you just faction change on the same server, you're ineligible for realm firsts for 3 months.

Just an update if anybody reads this in the future.
    Going to say this is false, for the simple fact that realm first lockouts are 60 days not 90 days, they always have been and haven't been changed in a very long time.

Its not the real realm first. Its guild realm first.
    Our 25m guild transfered to another server. we had just 1 player from this server at kill, but we still got realm first achievement.
    We did not transfer our guild, but the guild we created on this server got the achievement.

I have strong feeling that guild realm firsts are not affected by lockouts. That even if we did not have that 1 player in our raid, the guild would still receive the realm first.
    If you won't recieve the realm first - just take 1 player from the realm to your guild and you will receive it on your 2nd kill.

Also tbh can't care less about guild achievements. Guilds come and go, nothing but your personal achievements matters.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Dunno about that. The guy who got realm first CM gold on our server faction transferred to horde to do some of them with a horde guild from another server, came back to alliance, and got the RF a few days later. For guild RFs it may be different, but faction transfers definitely don't put individual RFs on cooldown as long as you stay on the same server.
    I can confirm this. Got plenty of people in our guild that got realm first lvl90 after recent faction change.
    They spent insane amount of time trying to figure if they will be illegible for realm first after faction change, and tech support was extremely dodgy and useless. They all got the achievement in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Making a ticket is nice if you want a total random answer that holds no value whatsoever for a situation like this.
    Thats like the first rule of using blizzard support: "Don't trust blizzard support!".
    I have strong feeling that blizzard employees who handle tickets never even leveled their characters to max levels in the game. Their ignorance about game mechanics is unbelievable.
    And when they don't know the answer (and it happens pretty often) they just tell you some random things to get rid of you.
    Last edited by traen; 2012-12-24 at 09:36 AM.