Thread: Gear Check

Deleted

Gear Check

Hello there.

I just did my first raid with a new guild, but i feel i'm underperforming.
    I know DPS is not only a matter of gear, but skill too. Even though, i'd love a quick Gear check to see if my Enchants,Gems,Reforges are in order.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tyforce/simple

Thanks in advance.

If you're going to run Primal Elementalist you don't want Mastery as the Elementals get no benefit from it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    If you're going to run Primal Elementalist you don't want Mastery as the Elementals get no benefit from it
    So just full stack on Haste?

Hello Dotmore, I will give you a few things to change on your gear and make your days happier.

First of all. Mithril Wristwatch trinket is awful and absolutely not getting you any benefit. Stay away from Crit Rating. A better option is Flashfrozen Resin Globule from Vizier Jin'bak in Siege of Niuzao Temple. This way you will gain extra hit rating that you will be able to reforge to more haste or mastery, depending on how you want/need to reforge. Also, you could get rid of the Purified Imperial Amethyst and get Brilliant Primordial Ruby. 160 intellect will do way better than 80 intellect and 160 spirit that you won't use.

Secondly, your bracers. You can enchant 170 mastery on them for fairly cheap.

Your belt can benefit from more dps if you replace your purple gem for a straight intellect gem.

Outside from that, the dps you will put out will be on your end.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The +180 Int to bracers would be better than mastery, but mastery is better than nothing.
    Replacing the purple gem on the belt with a red one is has a relative gain of approximately 7-20 Int (secondary stats are generally worth a little under 1/3rd of Int; (160+60)/3 = 73 1/3 < 80), but you would need to make up the lost spirit/hit somewhere.

Crit is not a bad stat to have (see here for details, under "Stat Priorities"). It's generally just barely behind the lesser of haste/mastery; it's certainly not a plague on our gear. The wristwatch isn't great, but it is arguably on par with or only a touch behind the flashfrozen resin globule. Any of the LFR trinkets or the Blossom of Pure Snow would be reachable upgrades without doing normal mode raids.

Echo of the Elements may be better for your dps than Elemental Mastery, but the difference will be very small if you are using EM on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So just full stack on Haste?
    No, your Elementals benefit from your Crit as well, so you can have both stats. You'll only want to reforge something if it has Mastery on it. Echo of the Elements is essentially equal to Elemental Mastery, you usually just use EM if a fight has burst phases.

Deleted
    Question about Elemental Mastery, should i always time it with Acendance? (Meaning they are 1 min per acendance unused)

I was under the impression that since MoP, we always gem for Socket Bonus, because they made mixed gems alot stronger.

Question about Elemental Mastery, should i always time it with Acendance? (Meaning they are 1 min per acendance unused)
    if you read the guide for elemental there is somewhere a paragraph about this. you should not wait for acendance. use em on cd. the first is in line, the 2nd not but the third should be in line again.
    there is one exception of course where I would wait with some cd. if a situation where i benefit more from it is only some seconds away.
    I was under the impression that since MoP, we always gem for Socket Bonus, because they made mixed gems alot stronger.
    depends on the math. use your scaling values from sim craft and calculate the sum of both scenarios.