Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    There's a game I played a long long time ago that maybe people can help me look up. I've never been able to find it in years of searching.

I believe the game was on NES and it was a racing game. However, you were in spaceships and you raced around planets. I don't believe there were weapons but you could knock people off the side of the planet and they had to respawn. You could also purchase upgrades for your ship. I remember the game was an absolute blast but never been able to find it again. And this had to have been 20 years ago give or take.
    Galaxy 5000?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Galaxy 5000?
    Hey I think that's it. You sir rock. Loved that game as a kid.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    It wasn't Zaxxon was it? What system did you play it on, Master System, Genesis/Mega Drive or arcade?
    I think it was just Genesis...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    I remember what all but one of the games I used to play on my NES was called, though I can remember the first three levels vividly enough. You play as some sort of knight type character; the first level has you scaling a mountain by jumping from platform to platform, the second level takes place on clouds, and the third is in the forest where you can jump up and down branches of trees.

Never made it past the third level, as I was pretty young at the time, and while I can remember the look of the game I've never been able to track down the name.
    Sounds like Ghost and Goblins or the other game like it I could be wrong tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to this thread I'm now thinking about

Bayou bill (NES)
    Sewer sam (colleco vision)
    california games (Atari system)

Time to find some emulators! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    I remembered playing a really cool game on our old Commodore 16 Plus 4 when I was very young, but for years I couldn't remember what it was called and had no clue how to find it. A few years back I decided to just trawl through a list of games for that system and see if anything rang a bell. Somehow I eventually found it. Jack Attack!

Managed to find an emulator and get it to run on my PC. So much nostalgia!

There was also a game I used to love playing with my cousins when I went over their house. All I could remember was that it was a game where you compete to be the best circus performer and the game had a pretty weird sense of humour. Eventually found out that it was called Fiendish Freddie's Big top O' Fun and came on a cartridge with a bunch of other games including Flimbo's Quest which was another I loved but didn't even remember untill I looked up the other one.

OMG the memories lol, Fiendish Freddie's Big top O' Fun I used to play ALL the time on my brothers commodore 64, soon as I heard the music in your vid all the memories flooded back

anyone remember this? ahh the good old days, i used to like bart vs the space mutants on my amiga, and captain planet, oh and monkey island lol. epic times, nostalgia just smacked me in my face!

Girlyman, pretty sure it was 3d 3rd Person. Also I'm not 100% sure if it was 100 rooms or not... but it was longer lol.

Also, I've never played any of the games listed so far (I know, shame on me lol) so I don't think it's any of them.

I need to get EXCITEBIKE for my NES I spent many hours on it when I was little.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-08-26 at 03:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

There is a NES game that I am trying to remember as well, you were underground and would have to dig through dirt to collect gems, I remember in the first few zones/levels you would have to dodge butterflies and make boulders land on them, also remember ice levels.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think it was just Genesis...
    Zaxxon was the first thing I thought of too but I'm not sure it was ever released on the basic Genesis. I know they ported for the Master System and the SG-1000 but not sure about Genesis. Here's a Pic though

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    There is a NES game that I am trying to remember as well, you were underground and would have to dig through dirt to collect gems, I remember in the first few zones/levels you would have to dodge butterflies and make boulders land on them, also remember ice levels.....
    Was it Dig Dug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Zaxxon was the first thing I thought of too but I'm not sure it was ever released on the basic Genesis. I know they ported for the Master System and the SG-1000 but not sure about Genesis. Here's a Pic though

Nope that isn't it. If I could just see the cover of the game cartridge I would know it lol.

Was it Dig Dug.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope that isn't it. If I could just see the cover of the game cartridge I would know it lol.
    No, levels were a lot more open, was also fast paced.

No, levels were a lot more open, was also fast paced.
    Can't think of it but if I get a idea ill post it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what system it was on? For some reason Azure Dreams is popping into my head based on the description.

Can't think of it but if I get a idea ill post it.
    It has been driving me insane for years, I remember being at my grandparents house sitting under the stairs were they kept the NES playing these games till the sun went down.

It looks like it was something close to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrFHhfppWfg

But I remember it being a man/boy and you could not attack the enemys, you could only lead them too traps you set up with boulders.

Edit: Added URL
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-08-26 at 03:31 PM.

It has been driving me insane for years, I remember being at my grandparents house sitting under the stairs were they kept the NES playing these games till the sun went down.

It looks like it was something close to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrFHhfppWfg

But I remember it being a man/boy and you could not attack the enemys, you could only lead them too traps you set up with boulders.

Edit: Added URL
    I think I mite have played it myself but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

I have found it! Boulder Dash! hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyTuqZ82UA
    Nice I still haven't font the one I am thinking of LOL but I will in due time.

Deleted
    After years I'm still looking for a game I used to play on my amiga500, I can't remember the name, but i played it for months and had a lot of fun.
    There was this green beaver(?) guy, jumping around and gathering diamonds in order to get to the next level, I know it sound like sonic, and in fact i think it was some kind of cheap copy.
    I remember it being very colorful and grafically good for the time, and there were different themed worlds, starting from a wood, and then going to toy world and snowy world and so on.
    I've looked to endless lists of games many times trying to remember the name, I'd really like to play it again

I have found it! Boulder Dash! hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyTuqZ82UA
    Spelunky!
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-08-26 at 04:04 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    After years I'm still looking for a game I used to play on my amiga500, I can't remember the name, but i played it for months and had a lot of fun.
    There was this green beaver(?) guy, jumping around and gathering diamonds in order to get to the next level, I know it sound like sonic, and in fact i think it was some kind of cheap copy.
    I remember it being very colorful and grafically good for the time, and there were different themed worlds, starting from a wood, and then going to toy world and snowy world and so on.
    I've looked to endless lists of games many times trying to remember the name, I'd really like to play it again
    Jazz Jackrabbit?