Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[LF] Older games

I was thinking of making this thread that anybody can use to ask for names of old games (providing details) that they have forgotten.

I'll start:
    I'm looking for an old RTS/Action game, which I can't remember a lot about.
    It's future based with the usual command centers, harvesters, barracks and robotic units.
    The thing that is different about this RTS game is that you could take control of a unit and control it with a 3rd person view (including firing). I played this game around 6-8 years ago.

Any idea which game it is?

EDIT: Additional information
    The game had several different world types you can play on
    The lesser robotic unit looks a bit like a StarCraft 2 "Goliath"
    I don't think this is a F2P game, since I got it from the library (loan)
    Last edited by Icebear; 2014-01-12 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a VERY old game (it came out in 1993 or so, I believe) in which you played in split screen against another human player. Every player picked one of four units (a tank, a truck and two other, don't remember exactly). Every player started at his base, but one couldn't control anything except for the chosen unit. It was something DotA-like, only without spawned units and only with bases: whoever destroys the opposite base first or kills the opponent's unit wins.

I ADORED this game. But played it only a few times and completely forgot the title. Anyone's got an idea as of what it could be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still looking for the game, and I really hope someone played it before and can remember its name

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I was thinking of making this thread that anybody can use to ask for names of old games (providing details) that they have forgotten.

I'll start:
    It's future based with the usual command centers, harvesters, barracks and robotic units.
    The thing that is different about this RTS game is that you could take control of a unit and control it with a 3rd person view (including firing). I played this game around 6-8 years ago.

Sounds like Machines. I think it was made by Charybdis. If you find it somewhere, let me know. I've been looking for it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I remember a VERY old game (it came out in 1993 or so, I believe) in which you played in split screen against another human player. Every player picked one of four units (a tank, a truck and two other, don't remember exactly). Every player started at his base, but one couldn't control anything except for the chosen unit. It was something DotA-like, only without spawned units and only with bases: whoever destroys the opposite base first or kills the opponent's unit wins.

I ADORED this game. But played it only a few times and completely forgot the title. Anyone's got an idea as of what it could be?
    Sounds like Return Fire.

PC Game.
    Mid to late Nineties (US Release)
    CO-OP on the same keyboard, one person uses wasd, spacebar, and g? and the other uses arrow keys, numpad 0 and enter.

RTS Space Strategy Game. You control one large cruiser, you fly to planets and 'interact' and build planetary improvements and ships and then launch fleets at your enemies. No Fog of War or anything... Different races but I don't remember how many.

The Box the game came in wasn't just the usual box, it had like the front out in a triangle as the front of the box was a starship pointed down and it got larger towards the top... 4 satellites per planet, and you could build like light, medium, heavy ships to launch out at a time..

Your cruiser was faster and could hit harder than any other in the game but if you lost it it was very expensive to rebuild unlike the 'throw-away' ships.

We played it on a Win 3.1 maybe Pentium 1?
    Last edited by obdigore; 2013-12-27 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Hi everyone, i'm looking for a game i used to play a couple years ago, it was an arcade style spaceship game where you could buy upgrades between levels, it had a meteor storm level and a couple other things like bonus levels. I really don't have any more info but theres a game for android that looks almost the same:

Again, sorry i dont have any more info about the game.

Deleted
    Maybe Astro Avenger?

Around 2012-2013, I remember there were two highly anticipated games with names that start with an F. One was Firefall and I can't remember the other one.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Sounds like Return Fire.

Best game ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    I'm looking for the name of a game.

All I remember hearing is that it had time travel and that in the 1st half you were assisted by a you from the future. In the 2nd half you played the you from the future and you assisted your past self.
    Long shot, but Day of the Tentacle had elements of this. Except you could go back and forth between the past, present and future at any time iirc.

Help me identify a old game.

Hi guys!

Back when i was a kid (i am 24) there was a game on the playstation 1 i think where u played a game similar to NFL but the ball you threw within your team was on fire and you could kill you opponents players with chainsaws..

This is pretty much all i can remember but it was the best game when i was a kid and now i cant find it anywhere..

Anyone have any clues?

I dont remember Chainsaws or killing players but in NFL Blitz the ball would go on fire when you threw it and u could also do some pretty nasty take downs

Based on the information given, Google gave me the game ''Dead Ball Zone'' as a possible match. Is that the game?

Mutant League Hockey ?

It wasnt a real sports game as far as i can remember. The playing field was very bright, like lights and the sides of the field had walls like in hockey that you could bounce the ball on i THINK.

All i can remember is small pictures of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Mutant League Hockey ?
    Mutant league football I think you ment, was on genesis/megadrive though

or after seeing your post, speedball is on a walled pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Mutant league football I think you ment, was on genesis/megadrive though
    There is Hockey spin-off. Yeah my mistake it's on genesis.

But it's actually have weapons like chainsaws that fans throw on Ice and there is Exploding Puck

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Based on the information given, Google gave me the game ''Dead Ball Zone'' as a possible match. Is that the game?
    I watched some videos on DBZ and it looks very promising. However, i am faily certain that you could kill players on the one i am trying to remember. So perhaps and older or newer version.

But i could also be wrong and it could infact be DBZ

Speedball maby?

Other then that i think this game fits the description but it's not on ps1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutal_Sports_Football
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-01-10 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post

I'll start:

Warzone 2100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    Warzone 2100.
    Looks close, but still not it :/