Deleted

Insane DPS boost according to SimCraft when switching from TG to SMF

Old Setup:
    MH: Starshatter - 489
    OH: Gravetouch Gravesword - 471 (Upgraded)
    Trinket: Corens Cold Chromium
    ----DPS: 80536

New Setup:
    MH: Kilrak, Jaws of Terror - 483 + Epic gem
    OH: Elegion the Fanged Crescent - 476
    Trinket: Carbonic Carbuncle 471 (upgraded)
    ----DPS: 91063

Both of them have been calculated multiple times with 50k Iterations. Light movement Fight
    They have exactly the same options as the only thing I've changed is the following 3 lines:

main_hand=kilrak_jaws_of_terror,id=86906,gems=500str,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=mastery _exp
    off_hand=elegion_the_fanged_crescent,id=86789,enchant=windsong

trinket1=carbonic_carbuncler,id=81138,upgrade=2

I am currently breaking my head over this issue. A 10k DPS increase just doesn't seem possible.
    Anyone have any where I should start looking?

Maybe not 10k but a 5-6k more for SMF is pretty standard. Also you have +500str and a better offhand for SMF.

Deleted
    I also see you changed CCCC for CC between specs, how much is the difference between them with CC on both smf and TG.

But generally smf will pull ahead yes due larger HS hits and execute phase.

10k for those three swaps is about right. SMF is going to beat TG by 5 or 6 thousand DPS with equivalent gear and you've also added 500 str, an epic offhand, and a significantly better trinket when you account for the upgraded version of Carbuncle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    5-6k more for SMF is pretty standard.
    That's about my guess aswell. SMF is better because of execute phase, TG is better for AoE.

Deleted
    been browsing a bit again.

I just picked up elegion axe from elegon 489 and i got a dubious axe upgraded 471

so should i stay TG with starshatter 489 normal (no upgrade) + starshatter 476 LfR (no upgrade)
    or go SMF.
    Cuz the ilvl is somewhat lower but generally speaking smf is 5% higher, could this make up for the ilvl loss?

i have no experience with simming at all.

Sorry to hijack this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshke View Post
    been browsing a bit again.

I just picked up elegion axe from elegon 489 and i got a dubious axe upgraded 471

so should i stay TG with starshatter 489 normal (no upgrade) + starshatter 476 LfR (no upgrade)
    or go SMF.
    Cuz the ilvl is somewhat lower but generally speaking smf is 5% higher, could this make up for the ilvl loss?

i have no experience with simming at all.

Sorry to hijack this topic.
    For single target DPS, SMF beats TG by such significant amount that you're seldom better off with the 2handers if you have epic 1handers. An exception would be like if you had 2x heroic starshatter and 2x LFR elegions. Even then, it wouldn't be far off.

Best thing to do is download simcraft, go to the "import" tab, select "armory," search your character's name and once it's loaded, click "import" on the bottom right, followed by "Simulate!"

On a fight with AoE / Cleaves, TG pulls its weight much more effectively. Pack both, why not?