Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Well, here's the thing. If I want the three free chances at loot a week (and who in their right mind doesn't) I HAVE to dailies. If I want to hit exalted I HAVE to do dailies. I HATE dailies but I HAVE to do them to get these things. So no, it is not a by-product. If I could avoid doing them I would but I cannot. But this is another matter entirely.
    Wait. Because you can only get them through dailies, you did way more dailies than you could actually make use of, despite allegedly hating them? Sorry, but that puts the problem firmly on your side.

You did something stupid, you don't get to complain about being punished for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    but three free chances at loot requires, what 13 coins a day on average? that's not demanding.
    you getting exalted is all on you, nobody needs exalted on reps. there is a cost to get there, if you want to. bitching about the cost is sort of silly.
    we also have no idea whether or not they will have a dump for charms or even reset charms. you're assuming a hell of a lot and then complaining about it.
    Based on the quote by GC it is highly likely they will reset coins. You are right, I am assuming. I am also assuming there will be an exchange of coins to gold as well since they do this with all currencies.

You're right, nothing is forcing me to hit exalted except me. However, the system gives me coins for doing dailies (reward for work). Whether I do more than is necessary or not, to later say well...we didn't calculate right so you're just going to lose that reward is not fair and a punishment. An example would be: I get paid 5 dollars for every phone call I make. There is no limit to the number of calls I can make. I have to pay rent of $15 every month. So I could make 3 calls a month and do nothing else or I could make 30 calls in 1 month and not do anything for the next nine months. Now, 3 months from now the company I work for says well, it turns out we don't like you making so many calls all at once so we're going to take away everything over the first 3 calls per month. For someone making 3 calls a month, they lose nothing. I on the other hand lose a lot of money with no compensation. I have not abused the system at all, I just got it all done early instead of later. Do you believe this is fair? Would you be mad? Because that's essentially what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wait. Because you can only get them through dailies, you did way more dailies than you could actually make use of, despite allegedly hating them? Sorry, but that puts the problem firmly on your side.

You did something stupid, you don't get to complain about being punished for it.
    No, I did the dailies required to hit exalted to get the mounts and coins for extra loot. I had no other way of doing this. I DO hate them but I was FORCED to do them to get the rewards at exalted and the coins. So no, the problem is not on my side. If I could get rep through dungeons I would have done that. If I could get coins from dungeons I would have done that as well. I HAD to dailies to get coins AND rep. How does that make me doing something stupid?
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-12-07 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    You're all a bunch of whining bitches, shut the fuck up.

Life isn't fair. It's still not a punishment unless they did it specificially to harm you.

Life isn't fair. It's still not a punishment unless they did it specificially to harm you.
    You are being punished if something that you did work for is taken away from you. You're right, life isn't fair but pissing off your subscriber base because YOU screwed up is a good way to lose money. No company wants that.

At this point people are just complaining for complains sake. I think it have become a hobby for many.

"GC SAID HE WILL NERF CHARMS!!!! OMFG LOL I ALREADY HAVE MANY. THE HELL IS THAT NOOB TALKING ABOUT. NOW HES MAKING ALL MY HARDWORK WITH THE DAILYS WORTHLESS! THANKS BLIZZ GG NOOBS"

Can't you just write "waaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" then you don't have to waste time looking for a excuse to get outraged and cry your eyes out.

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    At this point people are just complaining for complains sake. I think it have become a hobby for many.

"GC SAID HE WILL NERF CHARMS!!!! OMFG LOL I ALREADY HAVE MANY. THE HELL IS THAT NOOB TALKING ABOUT. NOW HES MAKING ALL MY HARDWORK WITH THE DAILYS WORTHLESS! THANKS BLIZZ GG NOOBS"

Can't you just write "waaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" then you don't have to waste time looking for a excuse to get outraged and cry your eyes out.
    Legitimate complaints. If you don't care for it don't read the thread. Your post is pointless and not at all relevant to the conversation at hand.

You are being punished if something that you did work for is taken away from you. You're right, life isn't fair but pissing off your subscriber base because YOU screwed up is a good way to lose money. No company wants that.
    What makes you think they screwed up? What makes you think they didn't plan on doing this right from the start?

So far, the only one that provably screwed up was you by not taking into account that the charms will eventually lose value. That wasn't really a big surprise.

You're pissed because you did something you never had to. The fault is yours.

Legitimate complaints. If you don't care for it don't read the thread. Your post is pointless and not at all relevant to the conversation at hand.
    actually it's rather pointed, barbed even. it's also fully on topic, it's just against your stance and possibly a little overbearing. he's not wrong though.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

What makes you think they screwed up? What makes you think they didn't plan on doing this right from the start?

So far, the only one that provably screwed up was you by not taking into account that the charms will eventually lose value. That wasn't really a big surprise.

You're pissed because you did something you never had to. The fault is yours.
    I screwed up because I assumed that the work I put in wouldn't be erased. Yes, I can of course see how that is my fault. Blizzard knew how many charms people would get leveling up factions to get revered to be able to use their valor. That is way more charms than is necessary to spend 90 a week and not have excess. Yes, I have more because I went to exalted but either way, they knew people would do that. It is certainly not my fault they didn't factor this into their calculations. How was I to know they would reset charms next patch considering there is absolutely no reason too. The only reason to reset charms is if you will be able to spend them on something else and they don't want people getting the rewards too quickly. That is not something I could have foreseen. You can get 90 charms in a week so you can easily get the first 3 charms week 1 so no reason to reset because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    actually it's rather pointed, barbed even. it's also fully on topic, it's just against your stance and possibly a little overbearing. he's not wrong though.
    Simply calling us crybabies and stating we should just say wah wah is hardly on topic or useful or relevant. Sorry.

you're still defending all the nonsense with the notion that you were expected to do those dailies to get exalted in the first place when Blizzard never assumed that because they intentionally made exalted no longer required for raiding or pvp.

just because you could get exalted doesn't mean that Blizzard is magically responsible for ensuring that none of your effort in getting there goes to waste.
    they warned us all well before even MoP dropped that reputations would mean less here.
    people "need" to get about 13 lesser charms a day in order to get extra chances at loot. aside from the their is nothing remotely demanded of you in the game that asks for those coins. the fact that you got a bunch on the side while grinding reputation that you don't need is irrelevant.

it's kinda like if i went and got a masters in biology but one i got a job in that field started demanding extra pay because i took elective to fill out my course that involved psychology.
    i used my money and effort to take those psychology classes even though they had nothing to do with my major and i only got them because ..well that's how college works, you take elective.

it doesn't entitle me to anything extra later on down the line.
    Last edited by Albert the fish; 2012-12-07 at 05:24 PM.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.
    Wouldn't the 463 heroic gear be right in line with semi-casual raiding that you could do from HoT heroics for DS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care the biggest for lesser charms, or charms at all, they serve their use when I need them, hence I always hold 3 ready. But I've never hoarded them alot, I can't stand most of the dailies, I enjoy some of the Klaxxi, Tillers and Anglers even the new faction dailies in Krasang Wilds. Rather wish they would make Spirits of Harmony BoA (or BoE, but would ruin the market), currently having 300 of them in total, 90 of them being on 1 char. I need something to buy for them, something that I need, not just some random useless material.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.

It doesn't take that long to get geared enough to raid MV Normal. I got ilvl 464 the night after I dinged 90. I was a tank and got instant queues, so for DPS maybe a couple of nights of dungeon running.

If a few nights of running dungeons to get geared is too hardcore for you, I'd suggest trying to find a even more casual friendly game than "Casualcraft" as you call it.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    "Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch."

Discourage horading/need to farm? What is he talking about? I have over 1000. Not for any reason other than they accumulate was faster than you can spend them per week if you'r doing dailies. I only do the ones I still need rep for (Just Shieldwall atm), and still have a poop-ton of these things. Why is this sounding like I'm trying to be clever or sneaky?

If anything, have something else you can spend them on. Like, maybe 100 for an extra Spirit of Harmony or something, idk.
    Patch 5.2 is in about four months. That's approximately 16 weeks. That's 1440 charms. So if you've got about that many, then congratulations, you don't have to do dailies to maintain your charm stockpile.

One would think you people would have swarmed into the streets to hold impromptu worldwide ticker tape parades over that sort of news.

It's the WoW fandom. They would complain about being given a 100$ note.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Patch 5.2 is in about four months. That's approximately 16 weeks. That's 1440 charms. So if you've got about that many, then congratulations, you don't have to do dailies to maintain your charm stockpile.

One would think you people would have swarmed into the streets to hold impromptu worldwide ticker tape parades over that sort of news.
    Be careful. Logic makes them angrier. And for those that want to point to the interview saying patches every two months, the only way they could get a patch out within the next 2 months is if it went onto the PTR like right now. 5.1 took more than a month of testing and it didn't have a raid or dungeons. 5.2 will likely have both. Those take longer to test. 3-4 months minimum for the next patch.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I dont know about what you all read but this is what I read:

"We don't want you to get free rolls on new Raid loot because that would mean we lose money because you would of stock up, so we might make them useless and come up with another way to make you do more dailys so you can subscrible for another few months if you want an extra roll, because this isn't WoW: MoP its WoW: Daily grind"

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I dont know about what you all read but this is what I read:

"We don't want you to get free rolls on new Raid loot because that would mean we lose money because you would of stock up, so we might make them useless and come up with another way to make you do more dailys so you can subscrible for another few months if you want an extra roll, because this isn't WoW: MoP its WoW: Daily grind"
    You read what you wanted to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Be careful. Logic makes them angrier. And for those that want to point to the interview saying patches every two months, the only way they could get a patch out within the next 2 months is if it went onto the PTR like right now. 5.1 took more than a month of testing and it didn't have a raid or dungeons. 5.2 will likely have both. Those take longer to test. 3-4 months minimum for the next patch.
    I could have sworn I saw in there somewhere that they were aiming for two months for content patches - daily quests, lore, pet battle stuff etc - and four months for raid patches.

Yup - from the main page.

Patch 5.2

A rough idea of how long patches will take: 2 months for a content patch and 4 months for a patch with a new raid and PvP season. This is just a rough target, as there are many factors involved in determining when players are ready and the content is ready.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-12-07 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Wouldn't the 463 heroic gear be right in line with semi-casual raiding that you could do from HoT heroics for DS?
    After watching the parses of my old guild over the past two months I see a rather large jump in power between 463 and 496. Going back to semi-casual normal raiding expecting an average ilvl around 470-480 with less than top skilled people to fill in the time is not going to be at all fun.

One would hope the situation would improve in 5.2 but by the looks of it Blizz are going to double down on this funneling of people into LFR/dailies strategy for non-raid character progression. Dungeons are dead.