Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So...Battlemaster now that Blizzard screwed over premades.

Personally i only have three achievements left to complete battlemaster, but im sure there are others out there who arent as lucky as i am to have been able to do them either with a 10/15 man from my server or from openraid.

My question is, now what? 5 manning most battlemaster achievements is quite impossible. Perfections, resilient victory, and others need a coordinated effort to obtain and 5 people wont cut it. I know that there have been times when some of those were obtained by luck (and in many cases, RBGs too...which is how i got a few)

I really disprove of blizzards decision, i'd love to finish Battlemaster and i probably will soon as my last three achievements are quite simple, just time consuming (To The Rescue! in AB, Persistent Defender, and Frenzied Defender in WSG)

I think it wasnt a good idea to make the only premade RAID groups available for RBGs.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

1: Download the addon AV Enabler, along with everyone else in your group.
    2: Turn it on.
    3: Make sure everyone else has it on.
    4: Put your 10-40 man bg raid group together.
    5: You all get in the same exact BG as a premade.
    6: ???
    7: Profit.

You can't use Av Enabler anymore

Everything is fairly easy to 5 man for so long as the enemy team doesn't also have a 5m premade...I did at least 90% of the achieves in solo when I began pvping in s8 and all of the ones I did with a premade were sort of unintended (aka the premade existence wasn't deliberately for that). With that in mind, stealth (druid) and typhoon (was bouncing between resto and boomy depending on BG) trivialized quite a few of them

In other words, sure it will make it less trivial but it's still going to be very, very far from impossible. Especially with how you can complete it using multiple toons now and whatnot.

Last Blue post was very clear with its addon policy. Any addon that bypasses their normal maximum queue of 5 people for random BGs is considered a no-no. Want more than 5-people premade? Go queue for rated BGs.

And last I heard you can still queue more than 5 people using the old way (everyone hitting the join BG buttons at the same time by coordinating using Vent or something).

And the official forums already had plenty of discussion about this from both sides (at least two capped threads), so there is no need to continue beating the dead horse here.

Deleted
    Will it be harder? Yes
    Will it be impossible? Ofcourse not...

I've seen most achievements achieved while solo-ing, (AV perfection, Res. Victory, AB Perfection), although I got most myself while premading with a 5 man group.

Hard achievements should be hard.

Earn it the real way instead of QQ'ing about not being able to cheese it.

Get 2 five man groups
    Queue at same time
    Get Same BG? Enter.
    Get Different? Requeue
    Profit

Deleted
    I think some people may dislike this... But, aren't achievements supposed to be something that achieved, not just facerolled by going in with a tonne of pro players (when you compare to casual pvp scrubs).

I have we had it all along *cough*, that was without a premade and my god am i proud even to this day. Premade grouping to get achievements takes the achievement out of it tbh.

Do it the old-fashioned way like you're supposed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    I think some people may dislike this... But, aren't achievements supposed to be something that achieved, not just facerolled by going in with a tonne of pro players (when you compare to casual pvp scrubs).

I have we had it all along *cough*, that was without a premade and my god am i proud even to this day. Premade grouping to get achievements takes the achievement out of it tbh.
    That achievement you mentioned can be done with an organized group or by pure dumb luck (the way you got it was the way I got it, by pure dumb luck) and since that achievement came out, I've only seen it done ONCE when queuing solo. That one time is when I earned it.

This isn't 10 2300 rbg players queuing for random bgs...it's 10 randoms queuing and working together. How is that a ton of pro players? Seriously you can't be that dense lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Earn it the real way instead of QQ'ing about not being able to cheese it.
    These always make me laugh. So organizing a group for achievements is cheesing it? Read that a few times and let it sink in.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    Will it be harder? Yes
    Will it be impossible? Ofcourse not...

I've seen most achievements achieved while solo-ing, (AV perfection, Res. Victory, AB Perfection), although I got most myself while premading with a 5 man group.

Hard achievements should be hard.
    AB Perfection? Sure I've done it in a pug

AV? Have never seen it without a coordinated group.

Resilient in a random with zero coordination? Nope.

Random statements make me look cool too.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Last Blue post was very clear with its addon policy. Any addon that bypasses their normal maximum queue of 5 people for random BGs is considered a no-no. Want more than 5-people premade? Go queue for rated BGs.

And last I heard you can still queue more than 5 people using the old way (everyone hitting the join BG buttons at the same time by coordinating using Vent or something).

And the official forums already had plenty of discussion about this from both sides (at least two capped threads), so there is no need to continue beating the dead horse here.
    I don't see multiple capped threads here, so what's the issue?

Rated bg teams aren't formed for battlemaster achievements. They never, ever, were formed for that purpose. Now all of a sudden forming a group for random bgs is cheesing it? Lol.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The old-fashioned way? Can't wait to hear this, what's the old-fashioned way?
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-07 at 07:17 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Good to see crap like 40 man premades gone. It doesnt add anything to the game, you want to battle premade do it in RBG problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post

Before the BG queue addons were even implemented? How did people ever get those achievements without dem addons ? Go ask them for tips.
    Like I said you can still queue more than 5, just takes coordination.

Deleted
    I don't really like pvp myself, I am a PvE player. But I do like achievements.... I did _everything_ solo and almost got battlemaster. Yes, it's hard sometimes but I like that. Achievements should be earned, not handed out to the one who is next in line.

You might not be able to use premades, but you can now level an alt instead and queue at the highest level per bracket if you want an easier time. Anyways, every BM achievement can be done solo as I did them that way myself. It takes time and luck, just like most things in WoW - I found the hardest one was the 100 wins in SotA, purely cause I was playing at a time when Alliance often lost (took over 400 games).
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Queue up alone or with 1-4 other people and do them that way. Simple.

And Heaven forbid some of them might actually take skill or luck to pull off without a full premade. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    Yes, they should be. That is why it sucks to have a ton of achievements that you can only get by luck or pre-planning and not a whole lot of achievements that are actually, you know, achievements.

If you're actually proud about lucking out on that pure dumb luck "achievement", I doubt you have any reason to feel superior to "casual scrub PvPers".

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Before the BG queue addons were even implemented? How did people ever get those achievements without dem addons ? Go ask them for tips.
    Like I said you can still queue more than 5, just takes coordination.
    Well that's part of what I'm saying. BMs before the addons came out did it as a team, not alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What? You mean queuing up as a full raid? That's the true "old-fashioned way" you speak of. Unfortunately that ability was removed.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way about the change and I don't really care that much about the PVP achievements.

Having said that, I do find it interesting that blizzard decided to remove one of the best and most fun ways to gather in a large group and work together towards a common goal. In the past there had been quite big communities based around preformed random bg groups, like QQueue premades and so on.

Besides guild raiding as 25m which is slowly dying out there is nothing left in the game where you can have fun and play together in a very large organised group.
    Kinda goes against the whole MMO thing, whatever happened to bringing the community together?