Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most achievements are easily doable when solo or when playing on a low level alt.
    Having trouble getting the ironman achievement, no problem, roll a low level disc priest with heirlooms and nothing will kill you ever.

To all the people saying every one of the battlemaster achievements is "easy to do in a pug" or "easy to solo", I'd like to see you do Perfect Storm (1600-0 EotS win) without a full premade group on the CURRENT point system (not the old system where you got more points less often). When I was working on BM this achievement took us 2 days to get because all the other team has to do to screw you over is send the majority of their team to 1 cap, turn it over to themselves and they immediately get a point. Sure we easily racked up our 10 4-cap wins, but damn I would hate to try to get that achievement now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
    What? You mean queuing up as a full raid? That's the true "old-fashioned way" you speak of. Unfortunately that ability was removed.
    Exactly, there were no solo BMs that I ever knew. It was a team effort.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 10:03 PM ----------

Most of you are posting like I'm the one complaining about not being able to get these achievements myself. Look at my achievements...I've had them for a long time. It doesn't mean I accept blizzards changes, nor does it mean they were right in making those changes.

BMs queued as a team for their achievements. You simply cannot get some of these achievements in this day and age. Resilient takes a TEAM effort. Not one or two or even 5. AV perfection, alone? Will never happen.

Understand this isn't for me, I simply feel for those who's nerf this affects.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    To all the people saying every one of the battlemaster achievements is "easy to do in a pug" or "easy to solo", I'd like to see you do Perfect Storm (1600-0 EotS win) without a full premade group on the CURRENT point system (not the old system where you got more points less often). When I was working on BM this achievement took us 2 days to get because all the other team has to do to screw you over is send the majority of their team to 1 cap, turn it over to themselves and they immediately get a point. Sure we easily racked up our 10 4-cap wins, but damn I would hate to try to get that achievement now.
    i got perfect storm 2 nights ago on my warlock.
    either queue very very late at night when you are very likely to run into a team full of bots, queue on a lower level toon and get it in the sub 90 bracket, and soak up the hks and glory.

stormtrooper on the other hand, that took me nearly 6 months to get and was indeed the very last one i needed for my battlemaster.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got all but one of the Battlemaster achievements by solo queuing and doing them in PUGs, back before they came out with rated battlegrounds. (The exception is the win Eye of the Storm without letting the other team get a single point.) Admittedly, a group would have made quite a few of those a LOT easier...

Unfortunately, I STILL don't have that perfect Eye victory, so I'm still one achieve shy... /qq

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i got perfect storm 2 nights ago on my warlock.
    either queue very very late at night when you are very likely to run into a team full of bots, queue on a lower level toon and get it in the sub 90 bracket, and soak up the hks and glory.
    I have been doing both (as I'm leveling alts mostly through PvP) but this never seems to work. It seems like the bots ALWAYS go for Blood Elf Tower (if horde) or Mage Tower (if alliance) at start and it's impossible to get close to that tower without "aggroing" all the bots and dying instantly. I've had these funny games where the entire opposing team appears to be bots and they just go and sit on one tower for the whole game.

I'm only missing the grindiest ones (50 base defenses on a single toon etc) that you will eventually get anyway (will just take *really* long) and Perfect Storm and Stormtrooper. I really don't see how I'm supposed to "solo" Perfect Storm since to prevent the other team from getting any bases you need to take the bases on their side and hold them from the start and even if you're so supremely skilled that you can defeat half of the enemy team in 1v15 combat you still can't be at two towers at once. It seems like my only option is to keep queuing and hope I get some lucky run where the other team zones in with 3 people. How is that an achievement? On the other hand, planning the whole thing ahead with a premade and actually managing to do it really is an interesting achievement that I would love to try.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Before the BG queue addons were even implemented? How did people ever get those achievements without dem addons ? Go ask them for tips.
    Like I said you can still queue more than 5, just takes coordination.
    The addons only came out because of the removal of being able to queue in a raid group what are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Besides guild raiding as 25m which is slowly dying out there is nothing left in the game where you can have fun and play together in a very large organised group.
    Kinda goes against the whole MMO thing, whatever happened to bringing the community together?
    Oh they are trying but people dont like playing together

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    . . .
    I really disprove of blizzards decision, i'd love to finish Battlemaster and i probably will soon as my last three achievements are quite simple, just time consuming (To The Rescue! in AB, Persistent Defender, and Frenzied Defender in WSG). . .
    With all due respect, you shouldn't need premades for any of them, as you know. Yes, it's time-consuming but that's just a part of it. I got lucky on all of mine too. The only "premades" I did were with one other person and it was enough that I very rarely came out of a BG without contributing a little bit towards my goal. Frenzied Defender is a freebie the first couple days of Children's Week but if you don't want to wait until May, do what most people do. Link [Not In My House] at the start of a couple matches and say you're working on it or just grab one other person before you queue. You might be surprised how many PUGs get on board. For example, I got Storm Trooper the only time I attempted it just by announcing my partner and I were going to do it. We had four guys following us around while we dropped the flag in front of suckers who had been cut from the herd of red. They swarmed, we picked it up again once they died and repeated. As for your AB defends, that's your call. You can wait for legitimate saves or you can let solo opposition turn it and chance that you can't dispose of them long enough to turn it back. Another easy one during Children's Week by the way-- we did almost all of my brother-in-law's BM achievements one season if you insist on going about it in a cheesy fashion.

And when I say "you", it is more directed to those to whom the lack of the achievement still applies. Otherwise, I picked up Jugger-Not and Don't Get Cocky, Kid in one of my first RBGs. I have to assume the others can be picked up there as well if folks insist that a premade is needed for the Perfection achieves.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2012-12-08 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    With all due respect, you shouldn't need premades for any of them, as you know. Yes, it's time-consuming but that's just a part of it. I got lucky on all of mine too. The only "premades" I did were with one other person and it was enough that I very rarely came out of a BG without contributing a little bit towards my goal. Frenzied Defender is a freebie the first couple days of Children's Week but if you don't want to wait until May, do what most people do. Link [Not In My House] at the start of a couple matches and say you're working on it or just grab one other person before you queue. You might be surprised how many PUGs get on board. For example, I got Storm Trooper the only time I attempted it just by announcing my partner and I were going to do it. We had four guys following us around while we dropped the flag in front of suckers who had been cut from the herd of red. They swarmed, we picked it up again once they died and repeated. As for your AB defends, that's your call. You can wait for legitimate saves or you can let solo opposition turn it and chance that you can't dispose of them long enough to turn it back. Another easy one during Children's Week by the way-- we did almost all of my brother-in-law's BM achievements one season if you insist on going about it in a cheesy fashion.

And when I say "you", it is more directed to those to whom the lack of the achievement still applies. Otherwise, I picked up Jugger-Not and Don't Get Cocky, Kid in one of my first RBGs. I have to assume the others can be picked up there as well if folks insist that a premade is needed for the Perfection achieves.
    Well earlier tonight for example i finished off Persistant Defender and Frenzied Defender. Couldnt do it alone though, since i BG as heals i got two of my guildies together and we camped the flag room for enemy FCs. Got Frenzied and Persistant in the same battle, thus completing WSG master.

We were doing the same in AB. Myself and 3 others camped gold mine, we hid in the mine, let horde assault the node first, then we steam rolled them, then i defended it. We only did this for about an hour though before raid time so i still have 15 defends left. When ive been doing Arathi Basin on my own, i might get one defend per game. Maybe. Thats if it isnt ninjaed by someone else, because god forbid they cant let someone else have a defend even if you ask them nicely.

Both of those achievements CAN be done solo, but why bother? It feels much MUCH more satisfying doing them as a team. When you do this stuff alone, its a relief that they are over...not satisfaction that you've completed it. Complete them with a coordinated team or even with your guild and its that much more of an accomplishment. Many achievements weren't meant to be soloed to begin with, so, why do some try to make other people believe that?
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-08 at 08:48 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    My question is, now what? 5 manning most battlemaster achievements is quite impossible. Perfections, resilient victory, and others need a coordinated effort to obtain and 5 people wont cut it. I know that there have been times when some of those were obtained by luck (and in many cases, RBGs too...which is how i got a few)
    It's not impossible. Simple as that.

I see ur character from atleast from tbc have lots achiv, and if u were playing all the way to mop should of have all achiv already,
    or u complete noob in pvp or cba trying it in tbc or earlier wrath when it was stupidly easy and u could get premades, So u not deserve it otherwise , coz even battlemaster's achiv is account wide now so it's complete faceroll
    so shame urself

Deleted
    AB Perfection? Sure I've done it in a pug

AV? Have never seen it without a coordinated group.

Resilient in a random with zero coordination? Nope.

Random statements make me look cool too.
    The fact YOUY haven't seen it happen, doesn't mean nobody has... My post was based around MY experience, and my experience just happens to prove your claim to be false. I didn't state anywhere those achievements happen all the time, but I've seen and participated in a succesfull completion of those by pug groups. THAT's a fact, and you can deny it until forever, but that will only make you look like a dumb-ass.

Both of those achievements CAN be done solo, but why bother? It feels much MUCH more satisfying doing them as a team. When you do this stuff alone, its a relief that they are over...not satisfaction that you've completed it. Complete them with a coordinated team or even with your guild and its that much more of an accomplishment. Many achievements weren't meant to be soloed to begin with, so, why do some try to make other people believe that?
    5-man premade =/= solo, and thinking the achievements were created to only to be completed with an addon is hilarious on itself. Again, every achievement is able to be completed solo (need luck there, but luck happens) or better, a 5 man premade (which makes all achievements doable within a normal peroid of time if your premade is good!)
    Last edited by mmocbf44390fba; 2012-12-08 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my Battlemaster completely solo. Surely it's time consuming but I didn't really have any
    problems with anything else than "We had it all along *cough*" because winning 2000 / 1990
    was extremely unlikely.

Got my 100 000 honorable kills too while doing it and had a blast killing stuff in battlegrounds.
    I don't really see the problem here.

Deleted
    You definetly do'nt need a premade or addon to do the Battlemaster achivement, I have 2 achiments left on my old main ( rolled a priest for mop :P ) here's the link to my armory, think i have one played rbg, and pretty much did the rest solo, since there arent many pvp'ers in my guild.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#95:a1175

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I got Battlemaster before AV preform existed. I also never grouped with anyone other than the 100 wins. Don't need a premade, you need a commanding presence in battlegrounds, patience, and clear and concise instructions that everyone will listen to. This also means knowing when to push an achievement, knowing in certain places "Hrm guys, if we let them take XYZ now, we'll still win and we'll get XYZ". Be adaptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    I got Battlemaster before AV preform existed. I also never grouped with anyone other than the 100 wins. Don't need a premade, you need a commanding presence in battlegrounds, patience, and clear and concise instructions that everyone will listen to. This also means knowing when to push an achievement, knowing in certain places "Hrm guys, if we let them take XYZ now, we'll still win and we'll get XYZ". Be adaptive.
    Have you done random bgs at all? Because very few people will ever listen to another person in there, much less know what to do with their class if they do listen. In all my years if playing I havnt seen THAT kind of coordination in a random group more then a couple of times.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I see ur character from atleast from tbc have lots achiv, and if u were playing all the way to mop should of have all achiv already,
    or u complete noob in pvp or cba trying it in tbc or earlier wrath when it was stupidly easy and u could get premades, So u not deserve it otherwise , coz even battlemaster's achiv is account wide now so it's complete faceroll
    so shame urself
    I'll resist the urge, and the setup this provides, to completely destroy you simply because in doing so ill probably get an infraction.

In response to this ill just add: Herp Derp.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-08 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad premades are being dealt with. Battlemaster is for those that do bgs all day every day and eventually accumulate all the achievements. Completely ruins the prestige of the acievement if your doing it in a full premade. Sure getting a couple of friends to come along and help isnt so bad, but full raids? no thanks.

Edit: Also all those achievements you listed i got playing solo, i dont even play bgs seriously, havent got the 100 wins on most.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2012-12-08 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    The fact YOUY haven't seen it happen, doesn't mean nobody has... My post was based around MY experience, and my experience just happens to prove your claim to be false. I didn't state anywhere those achievements happen all the time, but I've seen and participated in a succesfull completion of those by pug groups. THAT's a fact, and you can deny it until forever, but that will only make you look like a dumb-ass.

5-man premade =/= solo, and thinking the achievements were created to only to be completed with an addon is hilarious on itself. Again, every achievement is able to be completed solo (need luck there, but luck happens) or better, a 5 man premade (which makes all achievements doable within a normal peroid of time if your premade is good!)
    Yeah, I can claim I've seen a unicorn in my front yard too, doesn't mean it's true.

Is it possible? Sure. Never said it wasn't...I simply said its quite impossible as in its not something your average random will be able to accomplish. Period. Swearing that it happened and that a random group of people can do it no problem, along with calling me a dumb ass, just makes you look like one.

You're claim didn't prove anything other then you happened to get lucky. That's it. (Which is what I said could happen to begin with.)

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    So glad premades are being dealt with. Battlemaster is for those that do bgs all day every day and eventually accumulate all the achievements. Completely ruins the prestige of the acievement if your doing it in a full premade. Sure getting a couple of friends to come along and help isnt so bad, but full raids? no thanks.

Edit: Also all those achievements you listed i got playing solo, i dont even play bgs seriously, havent got the 100 wins on most.
    You realize many many people have been doing BM achievements in full raids (or nearly full) since the achievements came out right?
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-08 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and i can imagine where your coming from, going by your achievement points your obviously an achievement whore, but that doesnt mean thats how blizzard originally intended them to be completed. I always viewed Battlemaster as something that battleground addicts eventually have a good chance at getting, i doubt they were designed for people that want every achievement in game.