Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    640
    Also, he's 88 years old. Nobody knows that he hasn't had horrible nightmares or terrible remorse about the things he had to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  2. #22
    I'm going to say that I don't know what crimes he's supposedly responsible for. However, here's a scenario.

    In my high school there were two sisters that liked to walk around town together. One day they showed up missing. A guy lured them into his car killed them and dumped them in a cemetery. Fast forward 40 years and the guy is 80. Who says, hey let the guy live out the rest of his life... nobody cares anymore.

    In the meantime. People who defected and joined the U.S. probably would get treated with amnesty so long as they could be trusted.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Right, and your point would be valid if it considered that Allied bomber pilots did not intentionally target civilians, but rather targeted military hubs and civilians were collateral damage as a result. But sure, civilians are dead either way, true, but if you live near a military hub during a time of war, then you're acting as a human shield for it. It's partially your fault for being hit with napalm or whatever munitions were used.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:24 AM ----------



    I believe I have already stated what I would have done.
    They did intentionally target civilians. Did you know that they firebombed japanese cities that had no military value?
    I suppose those completely destroyed cities in Germany was all because they missed a target.
    I suppose the bombing of Cologne was collateral damage? Yeah that church must've been a munitions factory.



    Did you know, that the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were completely irrelevant for the surrender of Japan? Japan was already in talks about their surrender, they were gonna give up. The bombs were dropped as a show of power and to test the bombs on real targets. Two cities, wiped of the face of the Earth, just because they could.

    You are very naive if you think it was collateral damage. They intentionally bombed civilian populations to break the backbone of Germany and to demoralize the nation.
    Don't give me this Good Guy bullshit.

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people.
    Well according to the man he killed no one. So I think I'll take his word over what you think he did.

    And according to this logic the whole entire Wehrmacht should be charged with these same exact charges. They were protecting these camps after all.

    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.
    I wouldn't be so fast to claim you would solely try to save these people from these camps. Who knows if the loyal SS members would have taken retaliation on him or his family members for not doing what he was told to do.

  5. #25
    You say the "N" word and people lose all sense of perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    Geiser says he was forced to join the SS in 1942, and that he never killed anyone
    P.S. How can you "think twice" about killing people against your will? You mean he should've thought twice about being born in Germany in the early 20th century?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    He didn't kill anyone. Just because he was a guard at a camp does not mean he is a murderer. If you think he is a murderer just because he served as a guard, thats like saying all car companies and there staff are murderers because the cars they build and sell sometimes kill people.

    Also Psyopz, aren't you some sort of pretend holy warrior obsessed with the military. If so, you should know that not all soldiers who serve under a banner have the same ideology as there masters.

    You are certain he did not kill anyone? You sound like an armchair judge wapner that hasn't even heard the full case yet.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    There was no compulsory service with the SS. If it was simply the Wermacht, that would be different. You applied to the SS.
    You had financial and social gains promised for joining the SS. You could be recruited into the SS from the Wermacht and once you sign up you're in compulsory service for 4 years. Given that he was also only 17 at the time, service was compulsory. It also doesn't indicate if he was a German national, as other states had persons conscripted into the SS-Waffen as well.

    Whatever, they'll find a way to burn him at the stake. What's one more dead person, right?

  8. #28
    Banned TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    He didn't kill anyone. Just because he was a guard at a camp does not mean he is a murderer. If you think he is a murderer just because he served as a guard, thats like saying all car companies and there staff are murderers because the cars they build and sell sometimes kill people.

    Also Psyopz, aren't you some sort of pretend holy warrior obsessed with the military. If so, you should know that not all soldiers who serve under a banner have the same ideology as there masters.
    Holy warrior? LOL wth?

    Also, your analogy is misleading and not true at all. Car manufacturers are not realistically in a position to stop accidents that occur as a result of their car manufacturing, so they can not be held accountable for any deaths/injuries caused by them.

    The Nazi concentration/death camp in the story the OP mentioned was in a position to intervene in the worst atrocity of the 20th century. He did not. Answer for your crimes.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Right, and your point would be valid if it considered that Allied bomber pilots did not intentionally target civilians, but rather targeted military hubs and civilians were collateral damage as a result. But sure, civilians are dead either way, true, but if you live near a military hub during a time of war, then you're acting as a human shield for it. It's partially your fault for being hit with napalm or whatever munitions were used.
    Maybe the Jews shouldnt have lived in Germany!

    Either way, I find it pretty disgusting this is happening. I rarely believe in arresting someone for "warcrimes", especially if they were Orders. I have heard the same story a few times, even televised on TV. I can't help but shake my head at the hypocrisy.

  10. #30
    Elemental Lord Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    8,627
    We wernt there guys so stop with the super hero i'd of told them to fuck off. No you wouldnt, you'd of been shot or given a death sentance of being sent to russia, however he is guilty of being in the SS.

    If he is guilty of warcrimes then let him be deported and tried, the time frame of these crimes do not mask the horror that is still felt for them.

    Although i would like to note something, the SS was the most brutal of them all ergo they were known as the deaths heads.
    This wasnt true for all of them however (It was for the vast majority though), some were absorbed when the previous prision camps were turned into concentration camps, and for administrative purposes the guards already posted there were absorbed within the SS-DH's to prevent extra paper work.

    In all honesty however i doubt that even if he is deported he'd actually be charged, since while time doesnt prevent crimes being forgetten it does destroy evidence.

  11. #31
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Dear god, leave the man alone...

    I wonder who these fanatics are going to hunt after the nazis are all dead? Their children? Their grandchildren? Reminds me of the French revolution. There are no more high-profile nazis to go after, but their lust for vengeance has not been sated, so now they go after the guys who shined Hitler's boots...

    And besides, we hired on a shitload of Nazis to work for the US government after WW2. I don't see why those guys get a pass, but some prison guard has to be burnt at the stake...

  12. #32
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    SNIP
    This, this is exactly the point I was making about the U.S. nuking Japan Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  13. #33
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,756
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    The United States nuked Japan twice.....
    There was no "we meant to only hit military hubs" when dropping nuclear bombs.
    1) This saved many Japanese lives
    2) There really wasn't another option
    3) The Japanese weren't the victims in ww2, no matter how much some people try to play that card.

  14. #34
    Banned TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    They did intentionally target civilians. Did you know that they firebombed japanese cities that had no military value?
    I suppose those completely destroyed cities in Germany was all because they missed a target.
    I suppose the bombing of Cologne was collateral damage? Yeah that church must've been a munitions factory.



    Did you know, that the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were completely irrelevant for the surrender of Japan? Japan was already in talks about their surrender, they were gonna give up. The bombs were dropped as a show of power and to test the bombs on real targets. Two cities, wiped of the face of the Earth, just because they could.

    You are very naive if you think it was collateral damage. They intentionally bombed civilian populations to break the backbone of Germany and to demoralize the nation.
    Don't give me this Good Guy bullshit.
    Regardless, even if I concede to you that the United States was guilty of wiping two cities off of the face of the planet "for fun," it doesn't change the fact that the Nazi mentioned in the OP should be held accountable for his crimes.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Compulsory service isn't an excuse for committing war crimes and heinous actions in general. Yes, he was conscripted to the SS upon threat of death, but there are at least a dozen different things he could've done to avoid committing the hideous crimes he's accused of (and probably committed as per his own admission) now.
    Yeah he could have refused, been executed for sedition/treason etc. Or sent to the Russian front again, to die. Just another witch hunt.

  16. #36
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    They did intentionally target civilians. Did you know that they firebombed japanese cities that had no military value?
    I suppose those completely destroyed cities in Germany was all because they missed a target.
    I suppose the bombing of Cologne was collateral damage? Yeah that church must've been a munitions factory.



    Did you know, that the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were completely irrelevant for the surrender of Japan? Japan was already in talks about their surrender, they were gonna give up. The bombs were dropped as a show of power and to test the bombs on real targets. Two cities, wiped of the face of the Earth, just because they could.

    You are very naive if you think it was collateral damage. They intentionally bombed civilian populations to break the backbone of Germany and to demoralize the nation.
    Don't give me this Good Guy bullshit.
    And Japan intentionally raped and killed millions of children for the sake of sport. We can play this tit for tat who did what worse game all day. The fact is the Japanese were so cruel the damn Nazi's in China tried to rescue the Chinese!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    Maybe the Jews shouldnt have lived in Germany!

    Either way, I find it pretty disgusting this is happening. I rarely believe in arresting someone for "warcrimes", especially if they were Orders. I have heard the same story a few times, even televised on TV. I can't help but shake my head at the hypocrisy.
    Don't associate what you might be doing today with what was going on then. Someone taking orders is someone taking orders and that sort of thing can be worked out. In the meantime breaking a rule in the US army and being part of the Nazi Regime are apples and oranges. Similar in some ways but different in others.

    Also, saying Jews shouldn't have lived in Germany is nuts. Maybe Poles shouldn't live in America? Or Italians shouldn't have moved to New York? Maybe we shouldn't have moved into this country and wiped out the Native Americans. People have moved around and most every country has all sorts of different people and religions in it. (Outside of like Japan, and Iceland and a few other small countries).

  18. #38
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And Japan intentionally raped and killed millions of children for the sake of sport. We can play this tit for tat who did what worse game all day. The fact is the Japanese were so cruel the damn Nazi's in China tried to rescue the Chinese!
    The reich was in China? I need to look this up, because that sounds fascinating. What were they doing there? Anything specific?

  19. #39
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,756
    If the former Nazi is not a Nazi today and holds deep deep regrets for his actions, which his choice was "join us or die" then why the witch hunt? Leave it to the Jews. If the Jews decide to send an assassination team to kill him, okay... not that I would condone it, but leave it to them. They sent a team to kill one guy who was responsible for many many deaths.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    1) This saved many Japanese lives
    2) There really wasn't another option
    3) The Japanese weren't the victims in ww2, no matter how much some people try to play that card.
    Really? Saved many Japanese lives? I guess that fallout that contaminated hundreds of thousands of people's drinking water, and the radiation that killed a thousand or more Japanese people after the fact saved lives. And like Creamy Flames said earlier, Japan was already figuring out the best way for them to concede, but nope, NUKE THE FUCK OUTTA THEM.

    Their were plenty of other options besides intentionally dropping weapons of mass destruction on cities when it was known that thousands of innocents would die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •