Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Hugo Boss made the nazi uniforms. VW, BMW, Mercedes, all made vehicles for the nazis. They also received money from the reich at the end of the war. German arms company's all produced weapons for the nazis. Most of the people running these companies were very pro nazi and benefited from it.

Um needs some further clarification

Hugo Boss Designed the uniforms, that is the designer not the company named for him. The German Government than made the Uniforms. IMO still the best looking uniforms of any military.

VW was designed by Adolf Hitler, it was his idea to create a cheap car that anyone could afford, he commissioned a Czech Automotive Engineer who worked for Mercedes to build it, Ferdinand Porsche founder of Porsche, inventor of the Hybrid Motorcar, Designer of many Mercedes race cars, builder of the type 12, and 83 VW Bug (the first bugs), Granted the body design was Adolf Hitler and Erwin Komenda, the motor was Porsche design. To this day the simple VW engine is one of the best designed motors in history.

As someone who has a Jewish mother and a German father, and lives in a community with many middle eastern peoples I can assure you many Jews to this day would rather own a Toyota than a Mercedes, However I personally love German engineering and do not think a company building machines for the nation it is in can be considered criminal even if the nation is criminal. ie I do not blame the beetle for being designed by Hitler, in fact it's one of the very few redeeming things he did.

This image is the actual drawing Hitler drew when trying to design the VW.

Honestly I feel he should have pushed harder as an Artist he had the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Honestly I feel he should have pushed harder as an Artist he had the talent.
    Well, he didn't get accepted in arts school for a reason.

I wish he had more talent or got accepted, I'm sure the whole nazi thing wouldn't have happened or atleast he wouldn't have joined politics but I guess we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    so this guy was a guard. i havent yet seen any evidence or witness. Only a accusation, based on nothing but the fact he was a guard at a nazi camp.

I dont know about other countrys militarys, but in the country i live in guards are supposed to stop people who brake military rules. This also implys to shoot, if u cant stop the fleeing guy / the unauthorized entering guy with yelling , warningshot.

Actually, as a soldier on guard duty u HAVE to shoot this guy, if he doesnt follow your command , ignores the warning shot, and proceeds entering / fleeing from military area.

We dont even know if he shot fleeing prisoners. we dont know if he shot anyone. The only thing we know, he was a guard at a camp were jews were murdered. Could he stop his duty? yes, he could have run away, deserting meant death sentence. he could have requested to transfer to fighting troops , at eastern front.
    Any sane german would have been very pleased to not be at eastern front, but having a guard duty on a camp.

the only valid accusation i can make to mr. geiser is that he wanted to survive the war.
    All the evidence I have seen he is guilty of only one crime, he lied to US immigration about what he did during the war. The US did have laws on the books about the entry of certain German units, this included all SS and prison guards. Am I upset about it? Not really he was a guard he might have even stopped a cousin of mine from escaping I can't really get upset with him because he was just an enlisted solider on guard duty. If he was abusive people would have said so in the 40's and 50's his name would have been put on the list of war criminals. Most of which have been brought to justice, the ones who got away ended up in South America. Oh and the US, UK, Soviet Union, and Israel all have the list of war-criminals.

Now someone earlier mentioned that the German Scientists that the US got where on the list of war-criminals this is not true. Also these people where given full presidential pardons if they worked for free for the US government for a specified amount of time. Which they did, and it was in the New Mexico desert that they worked for free in Guarded quonset huts. As anyone who has ever been in a quonset hut can testify this is not a nice place to live, and in a place like New Mexico it could be considered a living hell.

Over 60 years later people on some random Internet Forum are really saying they want this man go to jail with 88 years and many many years outside of germany, living peacefully with as a normal Citizen ? He was a guard in a damn concentration camp, most of the guards there would wanted to be elsewhere, because they dont want so see children, man and women getting shot or killed some way or the other.

And for the Internet Heroes here who stated they want to liberate a camp or die trying or whatever rubbish, if you talked to jews outside punishment or without reminding to work or hitting them you had to speak to your superior. In many of those Nazi camps poles where erected in the middle of the working ground. If you spoke a 2nd time with a jew or even helped them, they took you as a damn guard and hung you up the poles with the Arms behind the back, roughly after 2 hours you died or passed out because the arms broke 2 times, wrists and shoulder bones unusable for the rest of your life.

Have fun liberating such a fuckin concentration camp, most of the guards didnt fight the Soldiers back when they appeared because they didnt want to work again or die in that camp.

That man should live the rest of his life free. I bet he punished himself with the thoughts of what happened there and what he did or not did.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Well, he didn't get accepted in arts school for a reason.

I wish he had more talent or got accepted, I'm sure the whole nazi thing wouldn't have happened or atleast he wouldn't have joined politics but I guess we'll never know.
    I don't know how good is good enough to get in the Vienna art school, but I do art as a hobby and have taken some awards in my youth for painting. Hitler was really good at drawing people. Many have postulated he was rejected because he wasn't good at drawing the human form.

Here are some of his human form drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Over 60 years later people on some random Internet Forum are really saying they want this man go to jail with 88 years and many many years outside of germany, living peacefully with as a normal Citizen ? He was a guard in a damn concentration camp, most of the guards there would wanted to be elsewhere, because they dont want so see children, man and women getting shot or killed some way or the other.

And for the Internet Heroes here who stated they want to liberate a camp or die trying or whatever rubbish, if you talked to jews outside punishment or without reminding to work or hitting them you had to speak to your superior. In many of those Nazi camps poles where erected in the middle of the working ground. If you spoke a 2nd time with a jew or even helped them, they took you as a damn guard and hung you up the poles with the Arms behind the back, roughly after 2 hours you died or passed out because the arms broke 2 times, wrists and shoulder bones unusable for the rest of your life.

Have fun liberating such a fuckin concentration camp, most of the guards didnt fight the Soldiers back when they appeared because they didnt want to work again or die in that camp.

That man should live the rest of his life free. I bet he punished himself with the thoughts of what happened there and what he did or not did.
    Exactly. At Buchenwald, where he was stationed when the war ended, ALL reports state the guards didn't even try to stop the Allied forces. They opened the gates and left with the very people they were guarding. Sounds like some true believers there...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    All must answer of their crimes; if you commit a murder 60 years ago, you can still be charged for it today, so of course this man (who was at the very least an accessory to many murders 50 years ago) should be deported and charged for his crimes.

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    Yeah, you have to die for your crimes! If it wasn't death then, it's death now!

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Yeah, you have to die for your crimes! If it wasn't death then, it's death now!
    Well, duh! Not to mention the fact that if this guy was truly good at heart he would have done something to liberate the camp. Despite the fact that would have ended his life and very possibly the lives of his family. But hey, what's right is what's right.

I love this guy you quoted. lol, if he was there he would have done this or that, or wouldn't have done something else. Because he obviously knows what it's like living in a violent and oppressive regime, and obviously knows that he would chose the moral high ground even at the expense of unimaginable suffering.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

+1

If the man truly regrets his past decisions, then that's between him and God (assuming he believes in God) or whatever deity (or lack thereof) he subscribes to.

That shouldn't change the fact that justice must be delivered. JUSTICE
    Ffs, I quite enjoy having moved to the US from Europe, but the fact that nutcases like this apparently do exist and aren't just 'MURICA stereotypes we have to make fun of you guys (JUSTICE, OORAH, are you fucking kidding me?) do somewhat scare me.

America, you've got some of the best, but damn, do you have some of the worst...

Jesus let it be, Leave him alone. I dont get this seriously. Just because he is a former SS? There are so many people. Russians, Germans, Italiens could all faces the same stuff. Noone cares? He is old he'll die sooner or later. Why not leave the man live the rest of his live. Its more then 70 years ago. People should start realizing this.

And in gerneral we Germans should stop "feeling sorry for" the past. Its the past damnit. Why to take the blame for things that happen way before me. I dont see anyother nation blaming themself for what happend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:01 AM ----------

All must answer of their crimes; if you commit a murder 60 years ago, you can still be charged for it today, so of course this man (who was at the very least an accessory to many murders 50 years ago) should be deported and charged for his crimes.

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    Could have guessed your from the US... So blind sighted. What happend to the killing of the "nativ" Americans. The slavery in your country? Which was not so long ago. Let it go... Look at the French, Russian, Darn even you americans werent the greatest in the war. US Soldiers killed more then half of my town when they marched in. I bet there is still some of them living. Lets kill them, because they killed innocente shall we? Oh and dig your own history and camps which MR Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066.

snip
    well i do agree, as a company working within your country borders you are more or less obligated to work with the government

but after reading a book on how the naziregime was kept liquid, i very much think there are some evil greedy people out there that still own to much wealth because of what they did in the past and they should more than any prisonguard or soldier be brought to justice
    secretly gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    well i do agree, as a company working within your country borders you are more or less obligated to work with the government

but after reading a book on how the naziregime was kept liquid, i very much think there are some evil greedy people out there that still own to much wealth because of what they did in the past and they should more than any prisonguard or soldier be brought to justice
    Not disagreeing with you on this, since I believe anyone who is in the top 1% of global wealth should be looked at very closely.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    Jesus let it be, Leave him alone. I dont get this seriously. Just because he is a former SS? There are so many people. Russians, Germans, Italiens could all faces the same stuff. Noone cares? He is old he'll die sooner or later. Why not leave the man live the rest of his live. Its more then 70 years ago. People should start realizing this.

And in gerneral we Germans should stop "feeling sorry for" the past. Its the past damnit. Why to take the blame for things that happen way before me. I dont see anyother nation blaming themself for what happend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:01 AM ----------

Could have guessed your from the US... So blind sighted. What happend to the killing of the "nativ" Americans. The slavery in your country? Which was not so long ago. Let it go... Look at the French, Russian, Darn even you americans werent the greatest in the war. US Soldiers killed more then half of my town when they marched in. I bet there is still some of them living. Lets kill them, because they killed innocente shall we? Oh and dig your own history and camps which MR Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066.
    I agree with your post. I dont really understand these paladins who come here and stay stuff like "he should have tried to liberate the camp hurp D" its incredible some people even said they would try to liberate the camp themselves if they were in his boots. How incredibly stupid. He wouldve most likely gotten shot as soon as he tried something. and saying stuff that he needs to be brought to justice. So does every allied soldier too. They participated in the war and most likely did evil stuff too. Where's the justice?

Also I feel kind of sorry for germany. Must be horrible when you cant be proud of your country without being labelled as evil nazi murderer monster.
    Last edited by Kanani; 2012-12-11 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Also I feel kind of sorry for germany. Must be horrible when you cant be proud of your country without being labelled as evil nazi murderer monster.
    Umm see comic:
    http://satwcomic.com/not-a-yahtzee

I didn't see the american pilots who bombed Hiroshima, being put on trial.

I guess the winners write the history books.

lol I had to say yahtzee out loud several times before I got it. What do they say, he who laughs last thinks slowest?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Sounds like a hunt for blood if the only thing they have is he was present at this camp. I think how I feel about the situation is reflected by what Patton said about it:

immediately after Germany's surrender, Patton was asked whether he planned to treat captured SS troops differently
    from other German POW's. His answer was:

"No. SS means no more in Germany than being a Democrat in America -- that is not to be quoted. I
    mean by that that initially the SS people were special sons of biches, but as the war progressed they
    ran out of sons of biches and then they put anybody in there. Some of the top SS men will be treated
    as criminals, but there is no reason for trying someone who was drafted into this outfit . . ."
    FFXIV:ARR EXCALIBUR Drg (Dude where's my Wyvern?)
    Miriya Garisk 104 Pld/War Tank 107 Pld Dps 100 Drg
    Vamperica Garisk 101 Blm
    Retired from WoW

Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.
    Everyone is a hero in their mind, but you would be susprised how many people are cowards when it comes to them. Hence why everyone says if a robber or mugger attacked them they would fight them but most just cower in fear.

I consider myself fairly brave but i would not risk my life for someone who was not family.

Also Stalin and Hitler signed the death commands they didn't pull the trigger but they ordered it, all this man did was act as a prison guard.

Following the logic of he allowed it, then all the gaurds at Gitmo should be tried for warcrimes and humans rights no matter what they actually did.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"