Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Right, and your point would be valid if it considered that Allied bomber pilots did not intentionally target civilians, but rather targeted military hubs and civilians were collateral damage as a result. But sure, civilians are dead either way, true, but if you live near a military hub during a time of war, then you're acting as a human shield for it. It's partially your fault for being hit with napalm or whatever munitions were used.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:24 AM ----------



    I believe I have already stated what I would have done.
    You are absolutely wrong on that one. Allied bombers did intentionally targeted civilians. It was different time and people actually trusted the government. Media at the time and gov't used propaganda to show Germans as rabid dogs. There were no qualm about killing civilians especially German or Japanese. That is also reason atomic bomb was used twice, the invasion reason were later contrived as people at that time did not care that we killed Japanese because they were seen as little devils.

  2. #62
    Banned TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Sure, the rape of Nanjing was horrid, and the things that the Japanese did in China were unspeakable.
    They did no such thing to the United States. The Government deliberately dropped two nuclear bombs on huge population centers in Japan.
    The United States does not need the crime committed against them to deliver justice in response to it. Does the policeman need you to burn his house down to charge you with arson? Of course not, so your assertion has been reduced to absurdity.

    Japan was a machine of terror and plunder: they had to be stopped and the benevolent forces of the United States of America put an end to their massacring across the Pacific and elsewhere. The United States of America saved uncountable amounts of lives by putting an end to the murderous Empire of Japan in WW2.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    Also, saying Jews shouldn't have lived in Germany is nuts. Maybe Poles shouldn't live in America? Or Italians shouldn't have moved to New York? Maybe we shouldn't have moved into this country and wiped out the Native Americans. People have moved around and most every country has all sorts of different people and religions in it. (Outside of like Japan, and Iceland and a few other small countries).
    Thats exactly my point. The poster I was responding to, seemed to think it was okay to kill civilians because they lived in a warzone. My point was that you can't use the excuse of "You got in the way" to defend killing innocents.

    Innocent people are killed every day because they got in the way, and yet, nobody seems to care. Throw in the word Nazi and it becomes something else.

  4. #64
    Immortal Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    +1

    If the man truly regrets his past decisions, then that's between him and God (assuming he believes in God) or whatever deity (or lack thereof) he subscribes to.

    That shouldn't change the fact that justice must be delivered. JUSTICE
    Your a bit of a blood seeking fiend you know that right?

    The mossad is a terrible organisation full of aberrant people who totally disregard all humane ethics and eschew international law.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Compulsory service isn't an excuse for committing war crimes and heinous actions in general. Yes, he was conscripted to the SS upon threat of death, but there are at least a dozen different things he could've done to avoid committing the hideous crimes he's accused of (and probably committed as per his own admission) now.
    He did not commit any crimes as he did not shoot anyone unnecessary. He was a guard and guarded the base, shoot anyone who tried to escape, not involved with taking prisoners to be killed or anything like that.

  6. #66
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's not even just the rape of Nanking. Nanking just happens to be the biggest city it happened to and one of the most important sections. Japan did this ALL THE WAY to Nanking to just about every town, village, city, that was between them and their goal. Japan killed more pows than they other country as well. Nazi's treated pows better and more often they weren't killed, where as the Japanese killed pows for sport.
    Right, but the United States essentially did the same thing in Vietnam. Have you seen the movie Full Metal Jacket? I can distinctly remember the part where the gunner in the chopper tells Joker that it's easy to shoot women and children, "you just have to lead them more." However, I know referencing a film isn't the best way to get my point across.

    But those stories didn't just get made up, they were told by many of the veterans who returned, and who sparked the Vietnam war film era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  7. #67
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    22,863
    So what one guy is saying "WHO CARES IF HE WAS FORCED" OFF WITH HIS HEAD11111


    That basically it? Coolzors
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  8. #68
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Wow, I had no idea. I knew the Nazis were in the Middle East, Africa, and South America, but I never once thought they had forces as far as China.

    Still, their actions don't surprise me. Most of the Reich's soldiers were good and honorable men, I think. I'd be willing to be that if you showed them what was taking place in the death camps, almost all of them would be absolutely shocked.

    I feel that it's implausible that an entire nation could be evil, but good men can be easily misled.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:48 AM ----------



    Also, they occasionally cooked and ate them. Can't forget about that!
    I remember watching a documentary in history class about ww2 from the perspective of the soldiers that fought for the fatherland. It is a humbling look into how good people can end up in the most terrible situations, either because they were blinded, or because if they don't they will be killed, or because Hitler says they are fighting for "this" meanwhile having no clue what's going on fully.

    I actually was going to mention the cannibalism thing, lol but decided to leave it out.

  9. #69
    Banned TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Except he wasn't "willingly" serving but forced to he says. During that time it was serve or die.
    No, you are misinterpreting what he means (if he is a truthful man.) You were conscripted into the Wehrmacht after the Sturmabteilung was dissolved/purged by Hitler (due to Ernst Rohn's increasing power), and if you had the desired eugenics, you could apply to the Schutzstaffel which was considered to be a more "prestigous" branch of Nazi Germany's war machine to work for as well as the fact that it paid better/had better benefits. He was conscripted into the Wehrmacht, but he consciously decided to join the largest group of systematic killers in history.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Hey you know who else shoots people for wandering too close to fences in their forced internment camps? Israel. Speaking of high horses, I think yours is dead and you should probably stop beating it.
    We're not talking about Israel, though, that's another discussion. I find it odd that you assume that I'm staunchly pro-Israel simply because I want no Nazi (or any other murderer for that matter) to escape justice.

  10. #70
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Hey you know who else shoots people for wandering too close to fences in their forced internment camps? Israel. Speaking of high horses, I think yours is dead and you should probably stop beating it.
    Couldn't agree with your statement more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Your a bit of a blood seeking fiend you know that right?

    The mossad is a terrible organisation full of aberrant people who totally disregard all humane ethics and eschew international law.
    He has a point Justice must be delivered. Non one should escape just because he managed to escape so far. And Mossad I admit they dicks, but can not be used as an excuse to screw Justice, or whats the point of having it if other injustice nullfies justice.

  12. #72
    Banned TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    He did not commit any crimes as he did not shoot anyone unnecessary. He was a guard and guarded the base, shoot anyone who tried to escape, not involved with taking prisoners to be killed or anything like that.
    He was prepared to shoot anyone who wanted to escape certain death at the hands of his despicable comrades, from little kids to elderly mothers to the sick to the disabled to anyone else.

  13. #73
    Immortal Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    No, you are misinterpreting what he means (if he is a truthful man.) You were conscripted into the Wehrmacht after the Sturmabteilung was dissolved/purged by Hitler (due to Ernst Rohn's increasing power), and if you had the desired eugenics, you could apply to the Schutzstaffel which was considered to be a more "prestigous" branch of Nazi Germany's war machine to work for as well as the fact that it paid better/had better benefits. He was conscripted into the Wehrmacht, but he consciously decided to join the largest group of systematic killers in history.
    Do you have his military record to hand?, Because if not. Your points are going through one ear and out the other. Its been explained countless times, about the wehrmacht and how its possible he didnt sign to join the ss. Its entirely plausible that he was absorbed when the wehrmacht stopped handling the camps.

  14. #74
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,413
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Right, but the United States essentially did the same thing in Vietnam. Have you seen the movie Full Metal Jacket? I can distinctly remember the part where the gunner in the chopper tells Joker that it's easy to shoot women and children, "you just have to lead them more." However, I know referencing a film isn't the best way to get my point across.

    But those stories didn't just get made up, they were told by many of the veterans who returned, and who sparked the Vietnam war film era.
    So in America we had newspaper stories saying "Our great American soldiers today are racing to 100. Who can shoot 100 women in the head first! Morgan vs Fitzgerald! Who will win! Kill those bitches!"

    My title is a little over the top but let us remember Japan knew full well what was happening in china and their soldiers had their support. Unlike the vets of the Vietnam war who returned to a country that despised them.

    "Contest to cut down 100 people" you know beheading with Katanas. America didn't have shit like that in their papers.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    The United States does not need the crime committed against them to deliver justice in response to it. Does the policeman need you to burn his house down to charge you with arson? Of course not, so your assertion has been reduced to absurdity.

    Japan was a machine of terror and plunder: they had to be stopped and the benevolent forces of the United States of America put an end to their massacring across the Pacific and elsewhere. The United States of America saved uncountable amounts of lives by putting an end to the murderous Empire of Japan in WW2.
    Yep we're done here. Move along, nothing to see.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    The United States does not need the crime committed against them to deliver justice in response to it. Does the policeman need you to burn his house down to charge you with arson? Of course not, so your assertion has been reduced to absurdity.

    Japan was a machine of terror and plunder: they had to be stopped and the benevolent forces of the United States of America put an end to their massacring across the Pacific and elsewhere. The United States of America saved uncountable amounts of lives by putting an end to the murderous Empire of Japan in WW2.
    The policeman has charge of the society, he is protector of the society. But U.S. is not. Out of U.S. jurisdiction. Its bullshit if you believe it was benevolent, its simply self interest, nothing benevolent about it.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------



    Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.


    Well, guess it's time to start bringing up all American soldiers that ever fought in the Iraq war up on charges for crimes against humanity considering the thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians they killed. Hell, there's even a video of a helicopter crew purposefully killing a group of unarmed civilians and celebrating it. Not too mention all the guards at Guantanamo for the torture that is _ONGOING_ there. The law has to be applied to everyone not just the winner's.

  18. #78
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    No, you are misinterpreting what he means (if he is a truthful man.) You were conscripted into the Wehrmacht after the Sturmabteilung was dissolved/purged by Hitler (due to Ernst Rohn's increasing power), and if you had the desired eugenics, you could apply to the Schutzstaffel which was considered to be a more "prestigous" branch of Nazi Germany's war machine to work for as well as the fact that it paid better/had better benefits. He was conscripted into the Wehrmacht, but he consciously decided to join the largest group of systematic killers in history.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:53 AM ----------



    We're not talking about Israel, though, that's another discussion. I find it odd that you assume that I'm staunchly pro-Israel simply because I want no Nazi (or any other murderer for that matter) to escape justice.
    JUSTICE, JUSTICE, JUSTICE. It's all i see you typing about. I assume that since you're such a strong believer in justice that we should trial George W. Bush should for his war crimes in Iraq? Also do you believe that Casey Anthony really got a fair trial based on the fact that she was guilty before proven innocent? I also suppose you believe that in this case, we should hunt down every single person in this country who has ever committed a crime no matter the scale, and bring them all to your beloved "Justice?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So in America we had newspaper stories saying "Our great American soldiers today are racing to 100. Who can shoot 100 women in the head first! Morgan vs Fitzgerald! Who will win! Kill those bitches!"

    My title is a little over the top but let us remember Japan knew full well what was happening in china and their soldiers had their support. Unlike the vets of the Vietnam war who returned to a country that despised them.

    "Contest to cut down 100 people" you know beheading with Katanas. America didn't have shit like that in their papers.
    Killing unjustly is killing unjustly. Does not matter how it was done. The dead do not care.

  20. #80
    Immortal Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    7,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Yep we're done here. Move along, nothing to see.
    It's as if hes determined to discredit all forces of WW2 and persecute them, for nothing. A vast vast majority of them were just like the US army and did nothing wrong, but of course if he comes here with his US is right about WW2 and did nothing wrong we wont win against him. Fixed viewpoints, worse than rock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •