Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Obviously unaware. Plenty of people where forced into the waffen ss, yes, forced. I know a couple that where forced as well, by their families mostly. Others where young and stupid and if you know much about history (which i highly doubt) they didn't exactly advertise "Hey, u hate jews ? Join us, we'll gas em, shoot em and burn em while singing goombaya! Call 1-800-FuckYeah!". People didn't know what they got into and once they got in... there was only one way out. Strange isn't it, that 99% of the people that are alive have a will to survive what ever the means ? Unheard of.
    I would like to see where you are talking about "forced" it seems like you are using the term forced to mean very highly persuaded, which is NOT forced. Forced means, you either do it or you die, DIE as in shot immediately. Not a single person in the SS was ever FORCED to be in there. The fact is they wanted to be a part of it due to the prestige, money, and to keep climbing the ranks.

Now, once they joined, they realize what was going on, and it didn't take much. Because the pograms that were going on since 1934 were EXTREMELY transparent. They killed jews in broad daylight at times if anyone of them tried to fight back. This was especially true once they "invaded" (without ever firing a shot) into Czech, Austrian, and other nearby countries being taken over before WWII. So yes, they may has well have been advertising, "We are killing Jews".

The fact is they knew exactly what they were doing. If you join an organization and you kill people on a regular basis, you are very aware of what is going on and have a moral duty to humanity before your nation.

They weren't trying to survive. Life for most Germans in 1935 wasn't a fringe, life or death situation, it was a "hey we're making lots of money buy stealing from Jews and forcing them into ghettos, lets employ more aryan germans."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Then he traded his humanity and morality for being a good guard for a murderous regime, and now he gets to deal with the consequences of his self-centered and disgusting actions. JUSTICE

Well you have it here folks. Who cares if he was forced against his will. JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE. I'm glad you aren't a judge, you would be a horrible judge.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    He did that the second he ordered te bombing of Baghdad.

Did you know that the United States dropped leaflets over Baghdad for weeks prior to the bombing instructing civilians to exit city outskirts for a few days? They did NOT want to kill any innocent civilians whatsoever.

You do not need an open mind for debate, you just have to be rational. I am rational and my mind is concluded with ideas that are an amalgamation of rationality and reason, as per my signature.
    Not having an open mind doesn't make it a debate, it makes you spewing brainwashed rhetoric that you've been indoctrinated with most likely by the U.S. Armed Forces. And as for your signature, uh, ok? So you're a brainwashed soldier who's also batshit crazy? Congratulations.

Deleted
    Then he traded his humanity and morality for being a good guard for a murderous regime, and now he gets to deal with the consequences of his self-centered and disgusting actions. JUSTICE
    Psyopz I have a feeling that you dont really understand what being a soldier means.
    Try to put your self in their shoes, 100 years ago in a country that was recovering from a devastating loss in the previous war and education and information was scarce.Now add to that the excitment of a 17 year old kid.
    No offence but I doubt you would have been any difrent had you lived back then.

Did you know that the United States dropped leaflets over Baghdad for weeks prior to the bombing instructing civilians to exit city outskirts for a few days? They did NOT want to kill any innocent civilians whatsoever.
    That was quite a thing to witness growing up. The country you're living in going to war, and it being live on tv as they bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Not having an open mind doesn't make it a debate, it makes you spewing brainwashed rhetoric that you've been indoctrinated with most likely by the U.S. Armed Forces. And as for your signature, uh, ok? So you're a brainwashed soldier who's also batshit crazy? Congratulations.
    Lol wth? What is with people assuming personal things today rofl. I'm not a soldier yet, just a biochemistry student in University.

And what about all the Nazi rocket scientists the US took?. Certainly did not expell any of them. In fact they were welcomed with open arms.

But wait, let an old man be expelled from his home just because some people feel they need to be self-righteous. Because he is of no use to Uncle Sam, he gets the boot.

Land of the free my ass.

The fact that he was able to live well over 50 years as a productive citizen (as opposed to a criminal, a thug, a thief, or a murderer) shows he's not an inherently bad person. Why make him another victim of Hitler's madness? Ohh right, so that some holier-than-thou bitch can feel a little tingle between her legs.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-12-07 at 06:18 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Psyopz I have a feeling that you dont really understand what being a soldier means.
    Try to put your self in their shoes, 100 years ago in a country that was recovering from a devastating loss in the previous war and education and information was scarce.Now add to that the excitment of a 17 year old kid.
    No offence but I doubt you would have been any difrent had you lived back then.

What they did back then was wrong..but honestly I think it's painful to be forced to do something bad on pain of death.

That was quite a thing to witness growing up. The country you're living in going to war, and it being live on tv as they bomb.

Yeah I wasn't fond of it..albeit a dictator got overthrown...but everything else.....seemed...forced(As un not necessary)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    And what about all the Nazi rocket scientists the US took?. Certainly did not expell any of them. In fact they were welcomed with open arms.

But wait, let an old man be expelled from his home just because some people feel they need to be self-righteous. Because he is of no use to Uncle Sam, he gets the boot.

Land of the free my ass.
    None of those Nazi scientists were personally involved in or endorsed or aided/abetted the killing of innocent people other than the manufacturers of Zyklon B (who the United States did not take in after WW2 anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    What about the war crimes the United States has committed over the years? When is action going to be taken to these guys? It's not going to happen, because of the good ol' American double standard.

Also, I'm German-American. Perhaps I should be deported to for because my parents are German, huh?

And here's some statistical evidence for showing that Hitler wasn't the worst dictator. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying that people need to grow up and move on. That's what this guy did.
    This guy didn't "grow up and move on" he evaded justice by an international court and kept evading. If he feels like he didnt do anything wrong then he should go clear his name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamma Ray View Post
    This guy didn't "grow up and move on" he evaded justice by an international court and kept evading. If he feels like he didnt do anything wrong then he should go clear his name.
    It's kind of the guilty till proven innocent going on. Not really going to happen.

Deleted
    I would like to see where you are talking about "forced" it seems like you are using the term forced to mean very highly persuaded, which is NOT forced. Forced means, you either do it or you die, DIE as in shot immediately. Not a single person in the SS was ever FORCED to be in there. The fact is they wanted to be a part of it due to the prestige, money, and to keep climbing the ranks.

Now, once they joined, they realize what was going on, and it didn't take much. Because the pograms that were going on since 1934 were EXTREMELY transparent. They killed jews in broad daylight at times if anyone of them tried to fight back. This was especially true once they "invaded" (without ever firing a shot) into Czech, Austrian, and other nearby countries being taken over before WWII. So yes, they may has well have been advertising, "We are killing Jews".

The fact is they knew exactly what they were doing. If you join an organization and you kill people on a regular basis, you are very aware of what is going on and have a moral duty to humanity before your nation.

They weren't trying to survive. Life for most Germans in 1935 wasn't a fringe, life or death situation, it was a "hey we're making lots of money buy stealing from Jews and forcing them into ghettos, lets employ more aryan germans."
    http://www.documentairenet.nl/review/zwarte-soldaten/

http://www.zwartesoldaten.nl/ order here with English subtitles... perhaps it's online somewhere, but i can't find it.

Actualy, the majority didn't know and didn't want to. Some even went so far as to place their own leg on a mine or grenade and let it go off to be send back home and be able to quit the SS... hoping the blast wouldn't kill them.

I wasn't talking about "the Germans" but the people in the Waffen SS that couldn't just get up and leave once they realized they couldn't take it and didn't wish to participate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. He is accused of serious crimes and should be dealt with to the fullest extent of justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    First three pages of this thread can be boiled down to: "X is excused because Y country did Z at some point in history". This is how all WW2 threads end up. Yawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's kind of the guilty till proven innocent going on. Not really going to happen.
    That's probably because he admitted to being present for the massacres. That's his fault, but I do respect his honesty if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    What they did back then was wrong..but honestly I think it's painful to be forced to do something bad on pain of death.

Yeah I wasn't fond of it..albeit a dictator got overthrown...but everything else.....seemed...forced(As un not necessary)
    I was like, okay he's dead! Okay his statue is down! Okay... okay... WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?! WHY ARE THEY STILL THERE?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. He is accused of serious crimes and should be dealt with to the fullest extent of justice.

So everyone accused of a crime should meet Justice?

I was like, okay he's dead! Okay his statue is down! Okay... okay... WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?! WHY ARE THEY STILL THERE?!

I honestly don't know anymore. I was in..middle school when this was happening. Still remember this one school staff member who got drafted or requested to go to basic training and after that..supposedly Iraq. A bunch of girls were sobbing their hearts out as this guy was leaving(The guy was attractive supposedly).

Was a weird experience.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-07 at 06:19 AM.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    That's probably because he admitted to being present for the massacres. That's his fault, but I do respect his honesty if nothing else.
    Please back it up with actual deeds hes done other than 'what could've'.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is how psychotically anti-nazi those people are. Like I said, if Hitler paid you to shine his boots at one point, then these guys want to see you hanged.