Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Yeah, you have to die for your crimes! If it wasn't death then, it's death now!
    Well, duh! Not to mention the fact that if this guy was truly good at heart he would have done something to liberate the camp. Despite the fact that would have ended his life and very possibly the lives of his family. But hey, what's right is what's right.

I love this guy you quoted. lol, if he was there he would have done this or that, or wouldn't have done something else. Because he obviously knows what it's like living in a violent and oppressive regime, and obviously knows that he would chose the moral high ground even at the expense of unimaginable suffering.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    +1

If the man truly regrets his past decisions, then that's between him and God (assuming he believes in God) or whatever deity (or lack thereof) he subscribes to.

That shouldn't change the fact that justice must be delivered. JUSTICE
    Ffs, I quite enjoy having moved to the US from Europe, but the fact that nutcases like this apparently do exist and aren't just 'MURICA stereotypes we have to make fun of you guys (JUSTICE, OORAH, are you fucking kidding me?) do somewhat scare me.

America, you've got some of the best, but damn, do you have some of the worst...

Jesus let it be, Leave him alone. I dont get this seriously. Just because he is a former SS? There are so many people. Russians, Germans, Italiens could all faces the same stuff. Noone cares? He is old he'll die sooner or later. Why not leave the man live the rest of his live. Its more then 70 years ago. People should start realizing this.

And in gerneral we Germans should stop "feeling sorry for" the past. Its the past damnit. Why to take the blame for things that happen way before me. I dont see anyother nation blaming themself for what happend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:01 AM ----------

All must answer of their crimes; if you commit a murder 60 years ago, you can still be charged for it today, so of course this man (who was at the very least an accessory to many murders 50 years ago) should be deported and charged for his crimes.

There is no "forgiving" to be done here. Tough luck; should've thought twice before killing those innocent people, against your will or not.
    Could have guessed your from the US... So blind sighted. What happend to the killing of the "nativ" Americans. The slavery in your country? Which was not so long ago. Let it go... Look at the French, Russian, Darn even you americans werent the greatest in the war. US Soldiers killed more then half of my town when they marched in. I bet there is still some of them living. Lets kill them, because they killed innocente shall we? Oh and dig your own history and camps which MR Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    snip
    well i do agree, as a company working within your country borders you are more or less obligated to work with the government

but after reading a book on how the naziregime was kept liquid, i very much think there are some evil greedy people out there that still own to much wealth because of what they did in the past and they should more than any prisonguard or soldier be brought to justice
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    well i do agree, as a company working within your country borders you are more or less obligated to work with the government

but after reading a book on how the naziregime was kept liquid, i very much think there are some evil greedy people out there that still own to much wealth because of what they did in the past and they should more than any prisonguard or soldier be brought to justice
    Not disagreeing with you on this, since I believe anyone who is in the top 1% of global wealth should be looked at very closely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    Jesus let it be, Leave him alone. I dont get this seriously. Just because he is a former SS? There are so many people. Russians, Germans, Italiens could all faces the same stuff. Noone cares? He is old he'll die sooner or later. Why not leave the man live the rest of his live. Its more then 70 years ago. People should start realizing this.

And in gerneral we Germans should stop "feeling sorry for" the past. Its the past damnit. Why to take the blame for things that happen way before me. I dont see anyother nation blaming themself for what happend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:01 AM ----------

Could have guessed your from the US... So blind sighted. What happend to the killing of the "nativ" Americans. The slavery in your country? Which was not so long ago. Let it go... Look at the French, Russian, Darn even you americans werent the greatest in the war. US Soldiers killed more then half of my town when they marched in. I bet there is still some of them living. Lets kill them, because they killed innocente shall we? Oh and dig your own history and camps which MR Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066.
    I agree with your post. I dont really understand these paladins who come here and stay stuff like "he should have tried to liberate the camp hurp D" its incredible some people even said they would try to liberate the camp themselves if they were in his boots. How incredibly stupid. He wouldve most likely gotten shot as soon as he tried something. and saying stuff that he needs to be brought to justice. So does every allied soldier too. They participated in the war and most likely did evil stuff too. Where's the justice?

Also I feel kind of sorry for germany. Must be horrible when you cant be proud of your country without being labelled as evil nazi murderer monster.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-12-11 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Also I feel kind of sorry for germany. Must be horrible when you cant be proud of your country without being labelled as evil nazi murderer monster.
    Umm see comic:
    http://satwcomic.com/not-a-yahtzee

Deleted
    I didn't see the american pilots who bombed Hiroshima, being put on trial.

I guess the winners write the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    lol I had to say yahtzee out loud several times before I got it. What do they say, he who laughs last thinks slowest?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.
    Everyone is a hero in their mind, but you would be susprised how many people are cowards when it comes to them. Hence why everyone says if a robber or mugger attacked them they would fight them but most just cower in fear.

I consider myself fairly brave but i would not risk my life for someone who was not family.

Also Stalin and Hitler signed the death commands they didn't pull the trigger but they ordered it, all this man did was act as a prison guard.

Following the logic of he allowed it, then all the gaurds at Gitmo should be tried for warcrimes and humans rights no matter what they actually did.