Thread: Ghost crawler

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Ghost crawler

Hi im new to the forum and i was just wondering about wow petitions, after reading the latest comments ghost crawler made, and really from watching him destroy the game in pvp.

His arrogance and disdain his couldn't care less what people who play the game think, i refer to point's made about professional players and how he continues to ignore opinion's and advice, it feels like its his game his way or just leave.

Back on track re the aforementioned petition, i wonder are there any requesting him to step down or resign?.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There most likely are, but you have to look at it this way as well, those giving most of the advice are trying to get their class of choice buffed against other classes so they can be OP, while those that are griping about any buffs others get just want to be OP against all other classes as well. It is a lose lose situation for him so he does the best he can with what he has.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    I know you cant just read any post re abilities and classes on the forum and take that as gospel, thou after you see post after post about things, whether you know it to be true or not you would think to look and see.

I dont question ghost crawlers abilities, he must be good to have the job he does, thou i do question his approach to paying customers some of whom are professional gamers, i do love playing wow, though i hate to see the sub losses and the general opinion of the player base when making valid points and suggestions re ongoing issues get ignored, i just feel the game would be much better under someone else, this is why i asked re petitions.

his approach to dragonslaying is fine the problem he takes the same approach along an in obvious bias with pvp, to further make things worse he has very little understanding of pvp as proven by his recent twitter responses concerning shaman totem changes but the worst part of it is he's to pig-headed to acknowledge it

People just love to hate whoever is in charge of class balance. It doesn't matter if it was Kalgan, or now Ghostcrawler, or even if they put Jesus up there. It's just fashionable to moan and bitch and lay all the grievances with the game at one person.

It doesn't matter who they replace with, you'll get the same amount of complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    People just love to hate whoever is in charge of class balance. It doesn't matter if it was Kalgan, or now Ghostcrawler, or even if they put Jesus up there. It's just fashionable to moan and bitch and lay all the grievances with the game at one person.

It doesn't matter who they replace with, you'll get the same amount of complaining.
    This.

You cannot please all 10m+ players. I'd like to see the OP try and balance a game around that many.

Infact, OP, tell us how, in detail, how you'd balance the whole PvP scene as a whole.

The only change I'd make personally, is reduce the amount of CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsakred View Post
    This.

You cannot please all 10m+ players. I'd like to see the OP try and balance a game around that many.

Infact, OP, tell us how, in detail, how you'd balance the whole PvP scene as a whole.

The only change I'd make personally, is reduce the amount of CC.
    It's not like he is even balancing the game (Atleast, not at any reasonable pace). People hate him because he has his own ideas of what PvP should be and doesn't care that the Arena / PvP communities are screaming for him to stop.

Here's a quick list of what i'd do if I was in his position:

• Don't punish newcomers or alts who want to get fully geared before season ends (item upgrade change)
    • Don't force a change (which isn't wanted) which rewards playing lots of games for rating (upcoming mmr inflation change)
    • Don't push class changes which will obviously hit too hard and ignore the community when they report the damage is too high on PTR/Beta (chaos bolt, chaos wave, frost bomb, 5stack TfB, stampede)
    • Don't force people into RBGs to get higher Conquest caps
    • ... and quite a lot more, these are just the most recent ones that stand out.

I'm not saying the death threats he gets are justified, but it's not people just jumping on the "i hate GC" bandwagon, a lot of people have been playing this game for nearly half their lives, and Ghostcrawler wants to swap stuff around that doesn't need changing - and then posts that he doesn't really care what top-rated gladiators say about balance after Blizzard post multiple times that they rely on feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It's not like he is even balancing the game (Atleast, not at any reasonable pace). People hate him because he has his own ideas of what PvP should be and doesn't care that the Arena / PvP communities are screaming for him to stop.

• Don't punish newcomers or alts who want to get fully geared before season ends (item upgrade change)
    • Don't force a change (which isn't wanted) which rewards playing lots of games for rating (upcoming mmr inflation change)
    • Don't push class changes which will obviously hit too hard and ignore the community when they report the damage is too high on PTR/Beta (chaos bolt, chaos wave, frost bomb, 5stack TfB, stampede)

I'm not saying the death threats he gets are justified, but it's not people just jumping on the "i hate GC" bandwagon, a lot of people have been playing this game for nearly half their lives, and Ghostcrawler wants to swap stuff around that doesn't need changing - and then posts that he doesn't really care what top-rated gladiators say about balance after Blizzard post multiple times that they rely on feedback.
    Reading this i am very happy to have ghostcrawler and not you in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Reading this i am very happy to have ghostcrawler and not you in charge.
    Why? You're happy to have PvP changed into a gear vs gear game? You're happy for Arena titles to be awarded to whoever plays the most amount of games rather than who is the most skilled? You're happy for the game to be all about instant unavoidable crowd control? You're happy for the game to be about random 1shot mechanics that happen 'sometimes' and are mostly unavoidable?

1. pvp was ALWAYS a gear vs gear game as thats how wow fundementally works., dont like it, try other games approach on pvp.
    2. yes mmr deflation is neccesary. Not to provide the one with the most games with the title. You know you still got to win a lot and noly play a lot. But people doing 50 games and then sitting it out for the rest of the season is sureley not the way to go.
    So what do we gain from such a change? People need to do MORE games. What again means in the end real skill wins.
    Having a 80% win ratio in 5 games maybe pure luck, but having 80% win ratio in 200 games is skill.
    3. instant doesnt mean unavoidable. If you are not skilled enough to silence the mage before he POM-sheeps or POM-rings you, there are still alternatives you could try, such as LOS, using potions or skills that make you immune to certain ways of CC and so on. Knowing about such possibilities is skill as well, executing a 5 stack TFB is not.
    4. There are some oneshot mechanices, tho technically they are far from oneshots. All of them require preparation, ramp up time, line of sight and the correct range. There are actually no unavoidably oneshot mechanics ingame, if you think so you are either too slow, or your gameplay isnt proactive enough.

Buff my class, and nerf any class that can beat me until i can faceroll them.

Story of every pvp related thread ever.

Its hard to balance so many specs/combinations.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

1. pvp was ALWAYS a gear vs gear game as thats how wow fundementally works., dont like it, try other games approach on pvp.
    2. yes mmr deflation is neccesary. Not to provide the one with the most games with the title. You know you still got to win a lot and noly play a lot. But people doing 50 games and then sitting it out for the rest of the season is sureley not the way to go.
    So what do we gain from such a change? People need to do MORE games. What again means in the end real skill wins.
    Having a 80% win ratio in 5 games maybe pure luck, but having 80% win ratio in 200 games is skill.
    3. instant doesnt mean unavoidable. If you are not skilled enough to silence the mage before he POM-sheeps or POM-rings you, there are still alternatives you could try, such as LOS, using potions or skills that make you immune to certain ways of CC and so on. Knowing about such possibilities is skill as well, executing a 5 stack TFB is not.
    4. There are some oneshot mechanices, tho technically they are far from oneshots. All of them require preparation, ramp up time, line of sight and the correct range. There are actually no unavoidably oneshot mechanics ingame, if you think so you are either too slow, or your gameplay isnt proactive enough.
    Uh, okay

1. In previous seasons when people competed for titles in Arena/RBGs (mid-end seasons) all people normally had the best gear available. This means it WASN'T gear vs gear - the only comparison is people with t1 facing people with t2. This season, 80% of people (random number) will probably not be fully geared by the end of the season. This means that in Arena, whoever has been doing RBGs at the highest rating will have the advantage. I think Reckful said that he probably won't be fully upgraded by the time this season ends, which means that other Warriors will have a straight up advantage over him.

2. You understand that in order to get rank 1 in 50 games, the players must have played 100s of games previously to get a high MMR before remaking a team and pushing for R1. That's the WHOLE point of MMR. If you're 2400 MMR, then you can hit 2.2k in a few hours of Arena because every game you'll queue into 2400 rated teams and get 50+ rating until you're at 2200-2300 where it'll start slowing down.

You said 80% win ratio in 200 games is skill, but what if under this new system 60% win ratio with 400 games is better than 80% win ratio with 200 games. That is what this new change will bring unless they change what they are doing. It's a completely retarded change.

3. Instant does mean unavoidable. You CANNOT heal or do damage and 'avoid' blood fear. As soon as you step into LoS, you get feared. As soon as that fear is nearly over, you get stunned, once that stun is nearly finished you get blanketted, into another fear, into another stun, into a pom ring. What part of that is avoidable?

LoS is only an avoiding mechanic if you can walk out of LoS to heal your partners and move back behind LoS before a CC cast finishes.

4. I used one-shot in a general term. Dying in a stun or stun>blanket is pretty common and even dying in 2-3 globals while receiving heals is somewhat common against burst teams. Preparation and ramp-up don't excuse being able to global someone in a stun when they can't react. It requires no skill and is so cheesy.

Why? You're happy to have PvP changed into a gear vs gear game? You're happy for Arena titles to be awarded to whoever plays the most amount of games rather than who is the most skilled? You're happy for the game to be all about instant unavoidable crowd control? You're happy for the game to be about random 1shot mechanics that happen 'sometimes' and are mostly unavoidable?

^^^^x1000 I cant agree more

Deleted
    Did you guys know that Ghostcrawler told us whiners that pre WOTLK patch ret paladins are balanced and we should l2p but a few hours after it nerfed them asap because his frost mage got globalled?

Im not even joking about the first part.

Hes pretty good at talking, while he avoids answering any question. And he looks like a cool dude you want to share a beer with. Maybe that is why Blizzard dont want to fire him.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-07 at 01:32 PM.

A lot of those whines were legit. Kalgan and ret paladins, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Buff my class, and nerf any class that can beat me until i can faceroll them.

Story of every pvp related thread ever.

Its hard to balance so many specs/combinations.
    Actually most of the time every class has one viable spec (if even that). And then a third of the classes are hurting bad, a third of the classes is doing alright, the other third is OP as fuck (funny how this last third is usually exclusively populated by any combination of healers, warrior and the occasional season of mage/warlock dominance)

GC catches a lot of unjustified heat. Kalgan is still in charge of PvP from what I know. And it shows. That dude is the worst. He's not the only one making the mistakes but since BC and the very way in which arena was introduced he has been the person at the top when it comes to PvP design, the guy responsible for shutting down all the good ideas he undoubtedly denied his designers to implement while blessing us with abominations like the current arena season.

Being in an executive position like that does not just come with a bigger paycheck, it also means responsibility. Instead of getting fired he was promoted though.

I will never forget this quote of his. He said it a long time ago but at a time that wasnt so different from any other random point in time of total warrior domination(season 2+3 in BC which was one of the many times no class was able to stand against a warrior - except another better geared warrior): "I'm quite sure the pvp warrior I have will still be rockin' a S3 weapon within the first week despite this change." - Kalgan

That's WoW lead designer for you

100% Agreed on the suggestions
    I cannot believe how ignorant GC is interms of PvP

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Did you guys know that Ghostcrawler told us whiners that pre WOTLK patch ret paladins are balanced and we should l2p but a few hours after it nerfed them asap because his frost mage got globalled?

Im not even joking about the first part.

Hes pretty good at talking, while he avoids answering any question. And he looks like a cool dude you want to share a beer with. Maybe that is why Blizzard dont want to fire him.

That is true. I also recall Season 2 warrior/druid 2's combos being faceroll because the lead dev at that time played one of em ( think he was a warrior)

He is full of himself basically.

Now before you get out the flamethrowers, Im not saying he SHOULDN'T be, he has made some great changes, and im also aware that its not a solo show, he is just an important part of the machine. Still tho his arrogance is the problem, as I said he made some good choices, but that has had the effect of making it much more difficult for him to admit when something is just wrong. When you are designing a game for millions of people, sometimes you just have to say, you know what guys, I made a bad call... Sorry!

using potions or skills that make you immune to certain ways of CC and so on
    The rest of your post was equally as retarded, but this bit struck me as something special.

Skill in arena is down to which potions you use?

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    (funny how this last third is usually exclusively populated by any combination of healers, warrior and the occasional season of mage/warlock dominance)

(season 2+3 in BC which was one of the many times no class was able to stand against a warrior - except another better geared warrior): "I'm quite sure the pvp warrior I have will still be rockin' a S3 weapon within the first week despite this change." - Kalgan
    Where did the warrior touch you? Show us on the dolly.

Warriors were OP during S1-4, so were RDruids, SL/SL locks, 4/4/2 Rogues.
    Warriors were shit during wrath (excluding mourne/gimmick ATC when compared to LSD/MLS/etc).
    Warriors were OP during S9.
    Warriors were shit during S10-11.
    S12 is retarded and can't really be included, but even if you do include it mage(frostbomb+control) warlock(chaoswave+control) spriest(NEVERDIE) are all far worse than warriors are. (Note: Warriors have been nerfed to shit and aren't a top tier class anymore).

If any class has been "OP all the time" it's either Mage, Warlock, or Rogue.
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2012-12-08 at 01:51 PM.