Thread: Ghost crawler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    The rest of your post was equally as retarded, but this bit struck me as something special.

Skill in arena is down to which potions you use?

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 01:47 PM ----------

Where did the warrior touch you? Show us on the dolly.

Warriors were OP during S1-4, so were RDruids, SL/SL locks, 4/4/2 Rogues.
    Warriors were shit during wrath (excluding mourne/gimmick ATC when compared to LSD/MLS/etc).
    Warriors were OP during S9.
    Warriors were shit during S10-11.
    S12 is retarded and can't really be included, but even if you do include it mage(frostbomb+control) warlock(chaoswave+control) spriest(NEVERDIE) are all far worse than warriors are. (Note: Warriors have been nerfed to shit and aren't a top tier class anymore).

If any class has been "OP all the time" it's either Mage, Warlock, or Rogue.
    OP all the time u just named rogue? god u rly dont understand the game . Ppl are still mad at rogues since Hemo spam with glaives in TBC and that is not right , in cata they complained about the rogues with legendary daggers altho the daggers were shit easy to spot the proc to counter it and all that , the class itself wasnt OP what was op in Cata well say hello to Vial of Shadows that was the op not the class not the daggers. And now the OP rogue class in MoP i think the numbers are still right with the least class played and with less than 2% presence in over 2.2k raitings , so before u name something op get your facts right

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    OP all the time u just named rogue? god u rly dont understand the game . Ppl are still mad at rogues since Hemo spam with glaives in TBC and that is not right , in cata they complained about the rogues with legendary daggers altho the daggers were shit easy to spot the proc to counter it and all that , the class itself wasnt OP what was op in Cata well say hello to Vial of Shadows that was the op not the class not the daggers. And now the OP rogue class in MoP i think the numbers are still right with the least class played and with less than 2% presence in over 2.2k raitings , so before u name something op get your facts right

You're dumb.

Warriors didn't run around with vial and legendary daggers did they? No. Rogues did.

Rogues were OP during s11 regardless of the reason. (hello agility scaling, smokebomb, 75% armour pen)

Rogues have been top tier (along with mages, locks) for nearly every single season of arena. That's pretty "OP" when comparing to the underdog specs (such as moonkin, historically bad every season except a few gimmick comps) and even look too strong when compared to the "good" specs who still fall way behind the top tier in representation.

Or I could just say RLS was OP, which rogues were a key component of.

The end.
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2012-12-08 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Reading this i am very happy to have ghostcrawler and not you in charge.
    Wait so you do want the game to be impossible to get into if you haven't played the entire season (especially weapons atm)? You do want alts and newcomers to be gimped harder than they already were? You do want RBGs to give more points so people do them even though they don't want to? You do want them to push class abilities they have been reported to be overpowered, only for them to nerf them 2 - 3 months after release?

The beta testing for this season was just not listened to, which is sad. I understand it's close to impossible for the first season of an expansion to be good, but this has been unnecessarily bad. We knew all these things that they've changed now, and we knew all the things they are now saying they want to change. We knew this half a year ago, it was reported, but ignored. We knew frost mage burst was too high. We knew warrior mobility and burst was too high. We knew chaos bolt hit too hard. We knew disc priests were unplayable. We knew that high-end PvE weapons were better than PvP weapons. It is as if PvP beta was just there for the entertainment, not the testing.

People shitting on GC dont understand the complexity of the interactions between PvP, PvE, design and the subjectivity of balance

He could do a better job (Who cant) but when I read these forums I dont really see any viable replacement

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Why? You're happy to have PvP changed into a gear vs gear game? You're happy for Arena titles to be awarded to whoever plays the most amount of games rather than who is the most skilled? You're happy for the game to be all about instant unavoidable crowd control? You're happy for the game to be about random 1shot mechanics that happen 'sometimes' and are mostly unavoidable?
    Yes. I'm happy that you have ways to progress that are more than just the paperdoll you start with.

Yes, I'm happy that you actually have to play and continue to prove yourself to get titles.

Crowd control, maybe not, but then again neither are they.

And yes, I'm happy that there is such a thing as luck that plays into the game, good at bad. Keeps things from getting too boring. Not that they really are random out of the blue, e.g. letting the warrior sit on a target long enough for tfb stacks, letting the lock build embers for chaos bolt etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC takes crap because he has the motivation, for whatever reason, to put himself forward and interact with the community very aggressively and frequently. Before GC the blues were generally quiet, didn't respond to anyone that much outside very PR-sanctioned disclosures and interviews, and generally stayed behind closed doors with their design philosophies and intentions.

With GC you're getting a much more one-on-one, human sort of interaction with the development process. The result is that it's not professionally candy-coated; things he says aren't filtered through media teams or layers of CM reps. This means it's much easier for him to misspeak, misstep, or say something that gets people pissed off.

Rest assured, if you had to discuss your knowledge of any given area of WoW 24/7 all the time with the wider Internet at large, you too would be lambasted, picked apart, and made to seem like an idiot by someone every single time.

WoW is really no more or less balanced now than it was pre-GC. There was just as much angst and rage in Vanilla and TBC community complaint columns, if not much more since it was generally met with total silence from the blues and buffs/nerfs would just magically 'happen' without much explanation or justification.

Really, GC is just an easy target because, again, he puts himself out there exposed in ways previous dev teams did not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    3. instant doesnt mean unavoidable. If you are not skilled enough to silence the mage before he POM-sheeps or POM-rings you, there are still alternatives you could try, such as LOS, using potions or skills that make you immune to certain ways of CC and so on. Knowing about such possibilities is skill as well, executing a 5 stack TFB is not.
    4. There are some oneshot mechanices, tho technically they are far from oneshots. All of them require preparation, ramp up time, line of sight and the correct range. There are actually no unavoidably oneshot mechanics ingame, if you think so you are either too slow, or your gameplay isnt proactive enough.
    I don't even know what to say. My expression currently is worthy of Steve Harvey. I... What.

GC isn't to blame... the whole dev team is... I mean why do they leave handicapped specs with nothing for a full season/patch? completly ruins the game for certain people at points where it didn't have to. Even when they know somethings wrong its just a oh deal with it until its fixed, if you don't like it, re-roll or stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current state of pvp (Cata & Mop) is nothing more but a lottery, where some classes can be literally dead for whole expansions.
    It really makes my wonder how can these problems become live, either they are doing a terrible job, or they deliberately want some classes to reign over others no matter what. (ele shaman in mind)
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-12-08 at 06:00 PM.

The majority of people who complain in the game are actually the minority. The minority tends to be the ones who complain the most. Ghostcrawler does his best to appease the most players possible. He can't be 100% with that, it's impossible. Personally, I like the guy.

Deleted

Warriors were OP during S9.
    Warriors were shit during S10-11.
    S12 is retarded and can't really be included, but even if you do include it mage(frostbomb+control) warlock(chaoswave+control) spriest(NEVERDIE) are all far worse than warriors are
    I have heard the tales of warrior viability or rather lack thereof during two seasons in cata. Sadly I wasnt around for that. I would have liked to see it. A historic event when warriors were not the most dominant melee in the game(S5 is the only season that really shouldnt be included anywhere ever). A one time opportunity I missed I am afraid.

(Note: Warriors have been nerfed to shit and aren't a top tier class anymore).
    That's just blatant trolling (I hope)
    Warriors are still the class with the best arena rep (by a huge margin) right now though.

this seems to be the most accurate information around since arenastats seems to have been discontinued for MoP

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--3-0-0.html

It's hard to objectively value which class is overtuned the most. There are few truly objectional players in the game, almost everyone is biased to some extent no matter how good of a player they are. Warlocks are middle of the pack at the very best after chaoswave nerf, which was needed. Aura nerf was unjustified and DS was a bug fix more than anything.Blood fear is about to be nerfed, with no compensation that will mean dark things for the class(and I am all for blood fear nerf, they just need to fix affliction at the same time). Spriest are certainly slightly overtuned but nowhere near warriors, not even close and they deserve to have at least 1 viable spec. I say nerf their utility a little more and all is fine. So yes there are other OP specs, but you trying to claim arms is not one of them (when it is by far the most OP) just shows your bias.

let's not derail this thread though. Wether warriors are OP or not is something everyone can witness first hand just by playing the game. There is no proof in statistical data needed beyond that. I just posted the link as courtesy ;-)

actually some of the changes like the 1 minute trinket were suggested by professional/known r1/tournament players so i wouldnt say he completely ignores them.

You're dumb.

Warriors didn't run around with vial and legendary daggers did they? No. Rogues did.

Rogues were OP during s11 regardless of the reason. (hello agility scaling, smokebomb, 75% armour pen)

Rogues have been top tier (along with mages, locks) for nearly every single season of arena. That's pretty "OP" when comparing to the underdog specs (such as moonkin, historically bad every season except a few gimmick comps) and even look too strong when compared to the "good" specs who still fall way behind the top tier in representation.

Or I could just say RLS was OP, which rogues were a key component of.

The end.
    i think u dont see u basicly contradict yourself as u stated rogues were OP in RLS or RMP on the other hand atm mages are OP in any comp , as for Legendary daggers + Vial i think u;re the dumb 1st as i said the daggers proc was so easy to spot and to deal with it if u failed to do so u;re just bad. The main thing that was OP was the Vial and ferals had access to it aswell and they were way more bad at nukeing than the rogue.

Rogue pops Sdance or Daggers proc the wings if u failed to CC the rogue then or disarm or avoid the combat with him u;re bad , oh w8 rogue had the mage in the team that set up for the rogue retarded DMG inc and u blame the rogue for beeing op thats just dumb . Sometimes i envy ppl that say ignorance is bliss they are right

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    People shitting on GC dont understand the complexity of the interactions between PvP, PvE, design and the subjectivity of balance

He could do a better job (Who cant) but when I read these forums I dont really see any viable replacement
    its more then just the complexity between pve/pvp he flat just doesn't "get" pvp, he doesn't understant the the meta game and often basic concepts of pvp, like silencing an enhancement/elemental during burst to prevent cds, for some reason he thinks that doesn't ever happen, apparently he never read any of the countless dk complaints about how their defensve cds work ie spell based but he claims to read the pvp forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its more then just the complexity between pve/pvp he flat just doesn't "get" pvp, he doesn't understant the the meta game and often basic concepts of pvp, like silencing an enhancement/elemental during burst to prevent cds, for some reason he thinks that doesn't ever happen, apparently he never read any of the countless dk complaints about how their defensve cds work ie spell based but he claims to read the pvp forums.
    He never said that it doesnt happen, he said it's rare and it's true

It's obvious about the collateral damage to Elem/Ehance, but just cant avoid it, it's the same thing for Demolock aura backfiring on Affli/Destro, hopefully they will rebalance thing in 5.2

When are people going to understand that GC does not make these changes. It's a team based decision he is just the voice of the team. Hell you could fire GC today and tomorrow the same things currently happening would still be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    He never said that it doesnt happen, he said it's rare and it's true

It's obvious about the collateral damage to Elem/Ehance, but just cant avoid it, it's the same thing for Demolock aura backfiring on Affli/Destro, hopefully they will rebalance thing in 5.2
    that the thing it isn't rare, in fact its a common tactic. But that is one of MANY over the years of gc gems of ignorance he has dropped

yeah I know. But silencing an Enhance is like disarming a Mage. I'm sure it happens, but I dont see it often.
    GCs comment comparing disarming a mage and silencing an enhance, in any context this is just wrong and not in touch with pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    When are people going to understand that GC does not make these changes. It's a team based decision he is just the voice of the team. Hell you could fire GC today and tomorrow the same things currently happening would still be happening.
    most people understand he doesn't have the last say on pvp cause there is no pvp developer peoples beef is he continually says moronic and inaccurate things that just shows his lack of caring for pvp and flat ignorance of it.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2012-12-08 at 11:05 PM.

that the thing it isn't rare, in fact its a common tactic. But that is one of MANY over the years of gc gems of ignorance he has dropped
    it IS rare, how many time is it a better trade to CS the Enhance assist-heal instead of simply CSing the healer ?

GC is an ass, his 'heat' isn't unjustified. I've seen posts of him bragging about having a yacht, telling people to get over it or learn to play. It's unprofessional, he's an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    most people understand he doesn't have the last say on pvp cause there is no pvp developer peoples beef is he continually says moronic and inaccurate things that just shows his lack of caring for pvp and flat ignorance of it.
    Right because everyone should enjoy every single aspect of the game.