Thread: Ghost crawler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jojomo View Post
    Hi im new to the forum and i was just wondering about wow petitions, after reading the latest comments ghost crawler made, and really from watching him destroy the game in pvp.

His arrogance and disdain his couldn't care less what people who play the game think, i refer to point's made about professional players and how he continues to ignore opinion's and advice, it feels like its his game his way or just leave.

Back on track re the aforementioned petition, i wonder are there any requesting him to step down or resign?.
    You want to talk about one man's ignorance and yet you act like one single man can be blamed for all the unbalance in WoW's PvP. Hard to be any more ignorant than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Right because everyone should enjoy every single aspect of the game.
    maybe because u pay to play what u like and then u see the pvp aspect of the game ruined unbalanced and totaly shit. GC is an ass no1 said will be easy to balance the game since is both pvp and pve but then again they look that they dont even try , they had beta test for alot of time and most of the problems they saw there chosed to ignore and after that on live they try to bandaid the game and tell u hang in there your X class scales with gear or the other class has to much X or to much Y. At the end of the day u pay to play something u like and when u see pvp developers beeing so bad u think why u dont cancel the sub

as the lead developer he better damn care for every single aspect of the game

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    it IS rare, how many time is it a better trade to CS the Enhance assist-heal instead of simply CSing the healer ?

9/10 times as the healer should be sitting in a cc already (one of many other instant cc for example) if you are lining burst cds on the enhance, its no different then dks getting silenced to prevent defensive cds and any high rated experienced dk will tell you its not rare

When are people going to understand that GC does not make these changes. It's a team based decision he is just the voice of the team. Hell you could fire GC today and tomorrow the same things currently happening would still be happening.
    Actually you'll find he heads up the team. The fact that he is so vocal with the community is something he does as an extra.

Thing that has annoyed me the most recently is his comment about 'not making any knee jerk changes' and then talking about the totem change in the same paragraph. That totem change was very knee jerk, and because of his lack of foresight, has damage 2 DPS specs that are under performing if anything. My tempering his nerf to making it so totems could not be dropped when locked out instead of silenced, he could have made the change hurt resto a lot more than the others. I believe tonight, after not pvping for a few weeks, I was being killed by mages in blanket silences, because I couldn't do anything to defend myself.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2012-12-09 at 12:53 AM.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Actually you'll find he heads up the team. The fact that he is so vocal with the community is something he does as an extra.

Thing that has annoyed me the most recently is his comment about 'not making any knee jerk changes' and then talking about the totem change in the same paragraph. That totem change was very knee jerk, and because of his lack of foresight, has damage 2 DPS specs that are under performing if anything. My tempering his nerf to making it so totems could not be dropped when locked out instead of silenced, he could have made the change hurt resto a lot more than the others. I believe tonight, after not pvping for a few weeks, I was being killed by mages in blanket silences, because I couldn't do anything to defend myself.
    Heading up a team and making every decision for the team are two very different things.

it IS rare, how many time is it a better trade to CS the Enhance assist-heal instead of simply CSing the healer ?
    It "Was" Rare when CS didnt effect totems

Now its not Rare since CS will indeed affect totems

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    1. pvp was ALWAYS a gear vs gear game as thats how wow fundementally works., dont like it, try other games approach on pvp.
    2. yes mmr deflation is neccesary. Not to provide the one with the most games with the title. You know you still got to win a lot and noly play a lot. But people doing 50 games and then sitting it out for the rest of the season is sureley not the way to go.
    So what do we gain from such a change? People need to do MORE games. What again means in the end real skill wins.
    Having a 80% win ratio in 5 games maybe pure luck, but having 80% win ratio in 200 games is skill.
    3. instant doesnt mean unavoidable. If you are not skilled enough to silence the mage before he POM-sheeps or POM-rings you, there are still alternatives you could try, such as LOS, using potions or skills that make you immune to certain ways of CC and so on. Knowing about such possibilities is skill as well, executing a 5 stack TFB is not.
    4. There are some oneshot mechanices, tho technically they are far from oneshots. All of them require preparation, ramp up time, line of sight and the correct range. There are actually no unavoidably oneshot mechanics ingame, if you think so you are either too slow, or your gameplay isnt proactive enough.
    re: #3 you're right though you don't usually cater for 'perfect' gameplay - besides it would mean that say you use blessing of freedom (or whatever the current name is) inappropriately, you get punished 20 secs later since you cannot avoid that 3 tfb hs - this isn't chess ...
    also, getting blood fear off has nothing to do with skill - I know there's the incentive to look smart / skilled everywhere on forums and other ways where you can show yourself online - but trust me, this is not the right platform. you might have heard that so-called 'professional gamers' know how to line of sight cc etc. but it's rarely applicable to instant cc (and nevermind the gcd, not at all ...). regardless, simply listing all the 'pro' cc-avoidance mechanisms here doesn't make you look skilled and anyone who plays arena even somewhat seriously can see right through that. sorry man, gl next time ><

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 06:39 AM ----------

if you don't enjoy it (or at l;east if you don't enjoy it to the point of being completely oblivious of it) you shouldn't be in charge of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    maybe because u pay to play what u like and then u see the pvp aspect of the game ruined unbalanced and totaly shit. GC is an ass no1 said will be easy to balance the game since is both pvp and pve but then again they look that they dont even try , they had beta test for alot of time and most of the problems they saw there chosed to ignore and after that on live they try to bandaid the game and tell u hang in there your X class scales with gear or the other class has to much X or to much Y. At the end of the day u pay to play something u like and when u see pvp developers beeing so bad u think why u dont cancel the sub
    So, why dont you cancel and find a game you enjoy? Seriously, raging at GC or about GC isn't going to move the needle one little bit. GC and Blizzard are going to do it THEIR way. And they DO ignore the petulant ragers that truly have no idea how to balance a game... and I'm thankful as hell that they do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.