Boomkin or Feral?

I'm thinking about going back to my druid after he's been sitting since BC but I can't decide between boomkin or feral. They both seem ok in pvp right now but I haven't looked into it too much. I really want to typhoon people off cliffs and displacer beast but I know both specs can use those now. Which do you guys prefer?

Feral is the stronger candidate for now. However, for random BGs it is better or more fun to play a range.

I don't really PvP much, but I hear that Feral is amazing in arena and Boomkin is pretty good in RBG's.

I think I'm gonna go boomkin. Whenever I play against ferals in arena they aren't really a problem. Boomkins might not be great in arenas but I will mainly be doing (r)bgs and ranged > melee most of the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ferals are just as good as Boomkins in RBGs atm cause of how good they are.

Plus Ferals perform way better in duels / 2s / 3s -- but you've already decided so good luck with Boomkin

Deleted
    Feral is very strong on its own but i've found that comps such as boomkin/lock/shaman and boomkin/SP/shaman work really well and there's some top teams doing well with this comp.

It's pointless playing feral if it's strong if you aren't comfortable with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im playing boomkin in arenas and rbgs. And, tbh, I kinda feel like a mage. We got so much movement, and can kite everything to hell. We also do good damage with starsurge procs, and with cds we do amazing dmg. The only problem is the damage we do outside eclipse is laughable poor, and the wrath damage should really have a little buff, because its pathetic atm.
    We got A LOT abilities to survive burst and hard damage > Might Of Ursoc is very strong (insanely strong if glyphed), Barkskin reduce dmg by 30%, Displacer Beast can get you away from everything, and shapeshifting lets you get out of snares and freeze.

I prefer Boomkin, but sure, I also like kitties.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Im playing boomkin in arenas and rbgs. And, tbh, I kinda feel like a mage. We got so much movement, and can kite everything to hell. We also do good damage with starsurge procs, and with cds we do amazing dmg. The only problem is the damage we do outside eclipse is laughable poor, and the wrath damage should really have a little buff, because its pathetic atm.
    We got A LOT abilities to survive burst and hard damage > Might Of Ursoc is very strong (insanely strong if glyphed), Barkskin reduce dmg by 30%, Displacer Beast can get you away from everything, and shapeshifting lets you get out of snares and freeze.

I prefer Boomkin, but sure, I also like kitties.
    Yeah, the survivability is very strong but if you are getting trained it is hard to do keep up the damage. Our dps while moving is even worse then laughable....But if you can get the stars to align( hitting eclipse then being able to actually hard cast) we can do some work. Also the pvp power nerf did a considerable nerf to our healing. I am thinking about trying feral and seeing how well it is.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, the survivability is very strong but if you are getting trained it is hard to do keep up the damage. Our dps while moving is even worse then laughable....But if you can get the stars to align( hitting eclipse then being able to actually hard cast) we can do some work. Also the pvp power nerf did a considerable nerf to our healing. I am thinking about trying feral and seeing how well it is.
    Sure its hard to keep the damage up if your getting trained. But, is there any difference there for other classes? Also, if played right, a boomkin will be very hard to train.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Sure its hard to keep the damage up if your getting trained. But, is there any difference there for other classes? Also, if played right, a boomkin will be very hard to train.
    Because most of our defensive are to move away from the target and like I said our movement dps is horrid.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    [...] Our dps while moving is even worse then laughable ...
    is even worse than what? worse than dpsing while standing still? also why would you laugh about bad dps?