Page 1 of 2
LastLast

comp crash, is my temp pc ok for....

so my regular pc crashed n i have some shit laying around i can slap together to play ( i play wow &D3)

its amd athlonII x2 220 2.8ghz
    3gb ddr3
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    2tb HDD

would this do a "ok" graphic on wow & D3?
    if not what should i have to replace to get it to medium settings atleast?

"not that good on comps so don't use ùberterms for stuff thanks

That comp won't run anything.... The GPU is WAY WAY WAY below the MINIMUM requirements.

You are better off replacing the GPU or entire system. 6150 is like 6-7 years old currently.

why not just trying it out?
    should give you more accurate results as falling for forum trolls.
    This is no general accusation, but you know we got those here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    That comp won't run anything.... The GPU is WAY WAY WAY below the MINIMUM requirements.

You are better off replacing the GPU or entire system. 6150 is like 6-7 years old currently.
    you are prob thinking of the older one. this one shows 1401mb integrated.. i assume its not to low but i cant find it worth smacking it all together if it wont work. waste of time

It would probably not allow you to even run the game honestly. To get that rig into shape to run the game at all, you are probably looking at a minimum of $100 in upgrades. I would suggest something along the lines of a GTX 650. The processor is really low end as well, but the video card is definitely your weak link from what I can tell. 3GB of RAM is not great, but for a budget system, it should get the job done at least.

The only way to find out if it will run alright is to try it. If that's a Gefore 6150 though - i doubt you'd run more than quake 3, if it's a gt 430, though, it should get the job done. The processor and ram are enough for most modern games but i wouldnt count on being able to play skyrim or Witcher 2 without stuttering when you turn around. If you're asking about wow - how does 20fps grouped sound?
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

ok so i slapped it together. currently downloading rest of WOW. im on "playable" atm. dunno how much fps reduction i get for not having the entire game. i cannot play at 1920x1080 but lower is "ok".

im curious if a GeForce GTS450 would help? ive klocked the current gpu abit but it cant handle so much. i get it to 550 then it fucks up.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    ok so i slapped it together. currently downloading rest of WOW. im on "playable" atm. dunno how much fps reduction i get for not having the entire game. i cannot play at 1920x1080 but lower is "ok".

im curious if a GeForce GTS450 would help? ive klocked the current gpu abit but it cant handle so much. i get it to 550 then it fucks up.
    Yes, any gpu will help, i believe the 6150se is a low-powered card from 10 years ago, considering it's naming scheme. Honestly, a 450, a 550, a 260(this is quite powerful) would all do the trick, hell, you just need any modern gpu that isnt strictly HTPCs

Not much. If you're just sitting in the same area and that little swirly icon at the top isn't present, it shouldn't impact your performance.

Minimum requirements are sometimes bullshit though. A friend with a 9200gs or gt whatever it was, was running D3 with around 30fps I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    -Snip-.
    yeah i read dxdiag wrong. it wasnt 1401 dedicated.
    shows up like this

Time of this report: 12/8/2012, 00:35:09
    Machine name: HAMPUS-DATOR
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    System Manufacturer: Packard Bell
    System Model: imedia S1300
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2816MB RAM
    Page File: 2943MB used, 2685MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D0&SUBSYS_03941025&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 1401 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 249 MB
    Shared Memory: 1151 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: W2343

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:50 AM ----------

what would be best of ASUS GeForce GT 620 1GB or GeForce GTS450 ? (or whatever card is good in that pricerange)

yeah im shit when it comes to G-cards
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2012-12-07 at 11:51 PM.

so my regular pc crashed n i have some shit laying around i can slap together to play ( i play wow &D3)

its amd athlonII x2 220 2.8ghz
    3gb ddr3
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    2tb HDD

would this do a "ok" graphic on wow & D3?
    if not what should i have to replace to get it to medium settings atleast?

"not that good on comps so don't use ùberterms for stuff thanks

actually i played 85-90 on a machine with very similar specs

athlon 64x2 2.4ghz
    2gb ddr2
    same onboard gpu

turn all settings to minimum and play in 800x600 you can expect about 10-20fps outdoors, 10 in cities, dont even try a sha run or lfr, 15-25 fps in dungeons and 10m raids. so to answer your question. Yes you can play wow, but do you really want to?

a trip to staples got 2gigs more of ram and a nvidia gtx 520 = total cost 60$ on sale and i can get 30+ fms on med/low everywhere but sha runs and in 25mans at 1080

hope that gives some perspective for ya
    Last edited by bryanmathis; 2012-12-08 at 05:31 AM. Reason: info

etc
    Why don't you just buy an used card? Some people would still sell their 5770 orsomething for 50eur which is just more than enough to play WoW & D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Why don't you just buy an used card? Some people would still sell their 5770 orsomething for 50eur which is just more than enough to play WoW & D3.
    cuz where i live the market for used tech stuff is quite rare and shipment would cost more than the card it self if i wanted it sent :/

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmathis View Post
    actually i played 85-90 on a machine with very similar specs

athlon 64x2 2.4ghz
    2gb ddr2
    same onboard gpu

turn all settings to minimum and play in 800x600 you can expect about 10-20fps outdoors, 10 in cities, dont even try a sha run or lfr, 15-25 fps in dungeons and 10m raids. so to answer your question. Yes you can play wow, but do you really want to?

a trip to staples got 2gigs more of ram and a nvidia gtx 520 = total cost 60$ on sale and i can get 30+ fms on med/low everywhere but sha runs and in 25mans at 1080

hope that gives some perspective for ya
    with my current screen 800x600 is so low othat everything is so blurry that i cannot read:< hehe but as most people said a new gpu would solve this issue. hopefully i can play on 1920x1080 asap might throw in another 5gb ram with 2x 4 gig instead of 2x 1.5 since ram was so cheap atm

[/COLOR]what would be best of ASUS GeForce GT 620 1GB or GeForce GTS450 ? (or whatever card is good in that pricerange)

yeah im shit when it comes to G-cards
    Gts 450. But honestly, right now, 5850s are going on ebay for 70 to 80 gbp, and that card is an absolute monster. If you play anything with any gpu intensity at all, it might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Gts 450. But honestly, right now, 5850s are going on ebay for 70 to 80 gbp, and that card is an absolute monster. If you play anything with any gpu intensity at all, it might be worth it.
    not sure my Motherboard accept ati, and always been geforce user :d

also not able to use ebay,, and store price was about 200GBP

not sure my Motherboard accept ati, and always been geforce user :d

also not able to use ebay,, and store price was about 200GBP
    pretty much every motherboard will take either type of card, just there's a few that cant do either sli or crossfire ( double GPU ).

New problem, just checked and my PSU is only on 250watt, doubt there is any kind of good GPU's for that low watt, so i assume i need a new PSU? since this is a micro atx box i can only put in a small psu or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

auch, i think you need a new box AND a new PSU. although you could sneak a gt 430 or something in there, but that would be horrible.

or do you think my 250w PSU can handle a "minimum req 300watt" GPU? or will the system become to unstable? heard of people using way higher to low psu's
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.