Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,709

    Question Drop rate "Raiding with Leashes" too high?

    My progression, so far:

    Razorgore - pet in 1st attempt
    Broodlord - pet in 1st attempt
    Chromaggus - 2 attemps, no pet
    Skeram - 2 attempts, no pet
    Viscidus - pet in 2nd attempt
    Twin Emperors - 1 attempt, no pet
    Loatheb - pet in 2nd attempt
    Gluth - pet in 1st attempt
    Maexxna - 1 attempt, no pet
    Golemagg - 2 attempts, no pet
    Sulfuron - 2 attempts, no pet
    Magdamar - 2 attempts, no pet

    Is it just me, or is 5 of 12 too much in just 2 weeks?
    Does anyone know the exact droprate?
    Wowhead.com isn't much help, due to the thousands of kills befor the pets were implemented..

  2. #2
    2 weeks of doing them, I have Gluth's Bone once, and nothing else..... anecdotal evidence is bad!

    You were VERY lucky, but as has been stated by a Blue Post, they are designed to drop based on 3 people doing it...3/10 rather than 1/10 chance sort of thing

  3. #3
    8/12 in one id, used three alts tho.
    at 10/12 now, (2 IDs just used one alt up to now)

    Is it high? yeah
    Is it too high? no, i want those pets yeah, but still i do NOT want to have to go to those instances for a year...

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,709
    The pets were added to give life to old raids..

    However, if drop rate is too high, that life won't last for long..
    Mounts from TK and Kara are 1% and they keep the raids alive. Who will run MC/BWL/Naxx/AQ40 when they have all the pets after a month or two?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    However, if drop rate is too high, that life won't last for long..
    Mounts from TK and Kara are 1% and they keep the raids alive. Who will run MC/BWL/Naxx/AQ40 when they have all the pets after a month or two?
    1. You are lucky, I still only have 3 of the pets.

    2.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,114
    They've felt like a 30% drop rate or so for me, very easy to farm with alts as well. I was a bit disappointed they weren't rarer, was very easy to collect them and doubt it'll be especially profitable to continue gathering them for sale in the long run.
    I do really like the idea of adding life to old raids and giving something for people to do via soloing though. Even if the execution wasn't great Blizzard should be commended for the effort.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/%C3%83urora/simple

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The pets were added to give life to old raids..

    However, if drop rate is too high, that life won't last for long..
    Mounts from TK and Kara are 1% and they keep the raids alive. Who will run MC/BWL/Naxx/AQ40 when they have all the pets after a month or two?
    Well if i go to kara it takes me like 10 minutes ot gte there, 2 minutes ot kill first boss including trash and 10 seconds to port away. Dont tell me that makes it alive.
    Only way to have them alive is to make thme NOT soloable...

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well if i go to kara it takes me like 10 minutes ot gte there, 2 minutes ot kill first boss including trash and 10 seconds to port away. Dont tell me that makes it alive.
    Only way to have them alive is to make thme NOT soloable...
    No, because then nobody will do them. How many people do you think do LK 25 hc or Ultraxion every week compared to Kael'thas or Onyxia? Having something there to make it soloable does make it alive because it makes it relevant to a large number of people. It doesn't matter how long they spend, they're still spending some time there.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/%C3%83urora/simple

  9. #9
    Epic! Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    {◕ ◡ ◕}
    Posts
    1,511
    Done all 2 resets in a row on 2 characters 0 pets.

    RNG is RNG

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    I've run the raids 4 times overall now. I got the pet from Razorgore and that's it. Then again, RNG has never been a gentle lover with me.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  11. #11
    Personally I would like it to be a bit higher. I already run around every week soloing mount bosses. This just added 4 instances on top of that. The sooner I can get them to drop the better.

  12. #12
    2 weeks on 2 chars, got 7 atm
    I first feared it would have like 5% drop rate :>
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  13. #13
    RNG is RNG...

    prime example first AQ40 run - 1 pet, 2nd run 0 pets but 3 red mounts dropped. Go figure :P

  14. #14
    2 weeks and I have 3 pets. I don't really see the issue; keep running them, get multiples, crate extras, sell on AH, profit.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    My progression, so far:

    Razorgore - pet in 1st attempt
    Broodlord - pet in 1st attempt
    Chromaggus - 2 attemps, no pet
    Skeram - 2 attempts, no pet
    Viscidus - pet in 2nd attempt
    Twin Emperors - 1 attempt, no pet
    Loatheb - pet in 2nd attempt
    Gluth - pet in 1st attempt
    Maexxna - 1 attempt, no pet
    Golemagg - 2 attempts, no pet
    Sulfuron - 2 attempts, no pet
    Magdamar - 2 attempts, no pet

    Is it just me, or is 5 of 12 too much in just 2 weeks?
    Does anyone know the exact droprate?
    Wowhead.com isn't much help, due to the thousands of kills befor the pets were implemented..

    I got 4 in the first week (all of the BWL pets, and viscidus). Second week: nothing from BWL or MC--Naxx and AQ yet to be done. A bunch of red battle tanks dropped though!

  16. #16
    Epic! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,707
    I do MC solo runs on 4 toons each week and so far I've gotten 3 Sulfuron, 2 Golemagg, and one Magdamar between them. I'd suggest going in with more toons since they are account-wide pets and you have to learn then before you can sell them (if that's what you're doing).

  17. #17
    mc 1/5mag 1/5sulf 2/5golem
    bwl 3/5 1/5 1/5
    aq 4/5 1/5 0/5
    nx 2/4spider 1/4cons 2/4plague

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Sharrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Azeroth
    Posts
    592
    got all but gluth's pet and the one off the third boss in BWL in the first week (mind you this was putting four toons through parts of the raids)
    got the other two pets tuesday on the first try for both.

    Already have Mr. Bigglesworth at level 25.

    drop rate seems pretty good honestly. worst luck was BWL .. first two times through saw no drops at all. after that saw two every try.. so musta been just bad luck on the first two times.

    really just happy i can now get into old raids without a raid group. makes things so much easier
    Last edited by Sharrel; 2012-12-08 at 05:34 AM.

  19. #19
    Only Mini mindslayer and Chrominus in clearing all pet bosses this week and last week.

  20. #20
    like others have said, that's just you. And I'd consider that lucky. Only thing I've gotten was bone spider.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •