Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    World PVP isn't meant to be fair, and but on the other side of the coin, yes it is legalized griefing. I do empathize with those players that rolled on PVP servers long after the world PVP aspect of the game had died several years ago, and there's something to be said for being ganked by a CRZ guy you might never see again and get a chance to pay back the favor. My servers always grouped with Illidan, and CRZ never attempts to bring a 50:50 zone faction split, which it should if they want us to relive the epic WPVP battles of old.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 01:44 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I don't think world pvp has ever been about anything other than ganking. The only remotely useful objectives have been EPL towers (for guilds doing Naxx) and Zang (for the shorter ghost run back to SSC). All other scenarios have existed in the game since the first day someone hit max level, got bored, and decided to gank lowbies for fun. Escaping from gankers nowadays is trivial compared to before. 15 minute hearth cooldown? BG/Dungeon queues which teleport you straight to the instance? Sorry, I have zero sympathy for people playing on PvP servers these days.
    ok...a 15 min hearth...then what? sit in stormwind/org?
    I will give your the BG/dungeion queues are an alternative but they yield a pitiful amount of exp/time compared to questing. Not to mention that you have to wait around for them to pop.

Escaping is much harder nowadays purely because you can fly on the fastest mounts anywhere in the world now (minus belf/drenei starting areas which your not getting ganked in)
    oh and the fact that its not 1 ganker you have to worry about...its the 1+9more CRZ brings over
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Not everyone knows about PvP when they first join the game. Or they joined the same server as their friends.

Ganking is a major problem, and has nothing to do with legitimate PvP. Its little more then cyberbullying.
    Ganking is not a problem, it is PvP and its not cyber bullying.

Hate how carebear World PvP has been in WoW for years now

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Firstly, I want to know what the POINT of being at level cap and going around to low level zones and picking people off is. There IS NO point. If it entertains you then you have a LOT of self-insecurities that you probably aren't even aware of. Going and targetting defenseless players is weak, at best. Are you too scared to take on someone of your own level and possibly someone w/ better gear than you? Or do you just gain some kind of twisted joy out of turning someone else's gaming experience sour?
    No point to you. This whole thing sounds like someone who should be on a PvE server from the get go.

It's a question of ethics, in a way, as well. It's VERY poor for Blizz to say "We know that we've created a terrible monster. We acknowledge that this is causing a BIG problem for a large number of players. We know perfectly well that this behaviour is detrimental to the enjoyment of other players in the game. We also know that this is stoppable/preventable. We don't care that you're being made so you cannot enjoy your gaming experience, despite the fact that you're paying us to play. We'll just sit here and let this other group over here, who clearly pose a severely unfair advantage over you, enjoy THEIR gaming time instead because we fell you're just a bunch of babies who can't grow balls."
    Blizzard didn't create anything, nor are they causing the problem.

Also the changes you want would be detrimental to the enjoyment of others players in the game.

How is it any different? You go to a PvP server expecting PvP, yes. You expect the OCCASIONAL ganking, of course you do - you'd be stupid not to. You queue for a battleground to participate in PvP, duh. You also queue for this BG knowing PERFECTLY WELL that there's a distinct chance that you'll be pitted up against a premade group from some server or another, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.
    Are you seriously trying to say BG = WPvP?

So why take the side of ONE group suffering a severe PvP disadvantage that they, too, also knowingly put themselves into...but then refuse to even acknowledge that the other side has an issue that's JUST as valid?
    Because the other side who don't like it put them self in that spot by picking the wrong server type.

I'm no ragequitter.
    Sure you aren't

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bombinshaman View Post
    It is obvious that this has not been Blizzard's stance on this since the dark ages, no matter what they say. Dishonorable Kills existed for a very long time just as much on PvP servers as they did on PvE servers. If Blizzard always supported ganking, why did DHK's exist? When I rolled on a PvP server to play with my friends back in 2005, this DHK system was in full swing. I now have 8 85+ characters and 3 bank alts with guild banks.

I am supposed to pay $275 now to take all of my toons to a PvE server because blizzard has changed the way the game works and now I'm screwed?
    DHKs never changed anything...

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG ... SWTOR stuff just made my day. I currently don't play any mmo but I drop by every few days just for this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Funny how before MoP i liked to collect pets. getting that 125th pet and such.

But with pet battles i stopped, done 10 matches and was done with it.
    no idea what it is, too overwhelming much pets to catch, or just too much travel to get it all done.

where some gained a fun minigame, i guess i lost my love for the pets
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I was a fairly avid collector before, but really have no interest in them now. But then, I was never a huge Pokemon fan. My boyfriend absolutely loves the pet battles though. It was the whole reason he kept his sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Why do people complain about ganking if they play on a PvP server. It really confuses me...
    In a way it is the same problem that Cata heroics had. It isn´t so much that what they did was wrong, it was that it completely changed the game that people had been used to for a long time

Cata heroics were not really really difficult, but a huge portion of the player base was used to WOTLK heroics and had forgotten BC heroics. 2 years of facerolling wotlk and then suddenly it was light night and day doing cata heroics.

The same is true of pvp servers.. they have basically had, what, 5 years since vanilla where zones were actually sometimes battlegrounds? so all of a sudden they add CRZ and on top of it the new daily quest makes KS a huge battleground. It really has been since the end of BC that that has happened.

It isn´t that what they did was wrong, it was that players have become accustomed to playing a completely different way.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    100% agree, I wish i knew what was up. I had every pet in the game except 5 (hand from Arch, spectral tiger kitten, ethereal soul trade and 2 of the crocs from the fishing daily). Now it feels like my achievement was 'removed' since it's soo easy to get now and that infuriates me.
    I wouldn´t say infuriate... but it does ´numb´ you to seeing or having special pets anymore. To be honest, I am fairly up on the game, but if I came across a player with one of the rare, hard to find pets, I wouldn´t know the difference. It adds some gameplay for those people who like having a long long list of things to check-off one by one.. but it removes pets from ever being special again.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    ok...a 15 min hearth...then what? sit in stormwind/org?
    I will give your the BG/dungeion queues are an alternative but they yield a pitiful amount of exp/time compared to questing. Not to mention that you have to wait around for them to pop.

Escaping is much harder nowadays purely because you can fly on the fastest mounts anywhere in the world now (minus belf/drenei starting areas which your not getting ganked in)
    oh and the fact that its not 1 ganker you have to worry about...its the 1+9more CRZ brings over
    There are 2-3 different zones to quest in at any given level range, my first response to camping is to try another zone and that works 90% of the time. I agree that BGs aren't very good xp/hour but to offset that you can get some honor even at lower levels, which you can spend at max level either for pvp gear or even trade some out for JP and get a piece or two for PvE. Dungeons can be iffy but definitely worth running one time each for the quest+completion+mob xp. With how fast leveling is now pre-60, you can queue for a dungeon every hour and get a different one each time because levels shoot up so fast.

Also, I believe the CRZ system accounts for faction population balance when generating a cross realm zone. It was hard to get help when getting ganked before the general chat channel change, but now it shouldn't be too hard to round up a posse and fight back if you need to.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Looks like the Failure in the last ME3 DLC made Bioware more humble. They are starting to realize that people leave when they are treated as slaves, forced to spend money under their whip, obeying any will of the master.

Guess what, they are not masters of anything, and customers are not slaves, restrained in their freedom. Suck that, BEAware

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Level 90 ganking a Level 30 is NOT PvP. PvP would imply that two players are battling each other. I have no problem if 2 players can actually do damage to each other and each have a possibility of winning. I had to stop questing with my Panda Monk at 25 because it became impossible due to constant ganking by Level 85-90s. I believe this is is more of Blizzard not wanting to spend the time to test and implement the changes required rather than trying to make us believe this is what they have always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by KDSwain View Post
    Level 90 ganking a Level 30 is NOT PvP. PvP would imply that two players are battling each other. I have no problem if 2 players can actually do damage to each other and each have a possibility of winning. I had to stop questing with my Panda Monk at 25 because it became impossible due to constant ganking by Level 85-90s. I believe this is is more of Blizzard not wanting to spend the time to test and implement the changes required rather than trying to make us believe this is what they have always intended.
    That is PvP, get over it.