Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

MT of a EU guild confirmed Botting of the whole Guild

In the official english forum is a new post accusing a EU Guild of botting.
    There is an english translation of the german screenshot taken by the Guild Leader of Obsidian.

Link:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ole-guild.html

I am not sure how big this is to be honest but we will see if Trion does something.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-12-07 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Removed guild & player name

15+ Year Old Account
    Seatin is in that guild, im sure he could answer this.

I stopped playing rift after a month of release, but whats so great about fishing, not that I support botting, but fishing in WoW gives next to nothing beyond food and I cant really think of any game wheres its rewarded something as significant as the various crafting professions, whats the reward in Rift?

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    whats the reward in Rift?
    Reputation, for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing rift after a month of release, but whats so great about fishing, not that I support botting, but fishing in WoW gives next to nothing beyond food and I cant really think of any game wheres its rewarded something as significant as the various crafting professions, whats the reward in Rift?
    well certain fish can give you rep for turn ins, also you can fish up artifacts, also i think there are other rare items that come from fishing also.

You can turn in rare fish for notority(reputation).

This is why you don't argue with people in chat logs.

Just use the ignore feature.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Wow what a dickhead, just lost all respect i have for SO. the guild should be disbanded imo.

The last guild I was in also used bots to fish. Had scripts for it up in their forums and everything. A whole lot of people actually do this. Trion has not cared for a long time. The best they did was remove the you've caught a fish notification from the chat log, which barely slowed them down.

I'll tell you though, fish botting is something you can hardly do something about. Seriously, I know is sounds easy to just ban botters, but really, you can't. I've fished for hours on end in other games, to the point people thought I was a bot. But I wasn't. Without spending tons on detection software, that people just work around anyway, there is no way to prove a bot is a bot. So really, it's just something you kinda have to live with. Know this though, it keeps prices down on a lot of things.

The thread was either deleted or the like. So I can't really comment, any information people can give me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The last guild I was in also used bots to fish. Had scripts for it up in their forums and everything. A whole lot of people actually do this. Trion has not cared for a long time. The best they did was remove the you've caught a fish notification from the chat log, which barely slowed them down.

I'll tell you though, fish botting is something you can hardly do something about. Seriously, I know is sounds easy to just ban botters, but really, you can't. I've fished for hours on end in other games, to the point people thought I was a bot. But I wasn't. Without spending tons on detection software, that people just work around anyway, there is no way to prove a bot is a bot. So really, it's just something you kinda have to live with. Know this though, it keeps prices down on a lot of things.
    I might give it a try know of a good site? :/

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    The thread was either deleted or the like. So I can't really comment, any information people can give me?
    Its just been deleted, basically the main tank of SO's wife, was in a guild, the guild leader kicked her because she was Fish botting, a lot of homophobia and racist comments later along with personal sex lives, the main tank says the the whole of SO uses fishbots, and that the people who don't are stupid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:09 PM ----------

I like this comment from paulmage "yup scripting for fish is not against the TOS and has multiple times been comfirmed by GMs as not being botting.

you guys have too mutch time on your hands try fishing."

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I might give it a try know of a good site? :/
    no, because even though it is done and a lot of people do, I still do not support it, nor does this site. Even asking for it here could be against the rules. My only poiont was all these people crying about banning them or stopping them don't realize just how hard that is. Even Blizzard cannot stop bots and they have billions of $$$. You want Trion to stop them?

I don't have a problem with fishing bots when I really stop and think about what fishing does for players.
    However, I fully support people gkicking others for botting. Why? Because 3rd party sites are notorious for virus's aimed at stealing accounts, passwords, credit card info, guild web site info, ect. That player using bots could essentially lead to you losing your guild bank and funds as well as the email and gsite pws (people usually use the same pws for games as the webpages for that said game) and possibly their characters in game.
    The act itself isn't a problem so much as the threat it poses to your security.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I don't have a problem with fishing bots when I really stop and think about what fishing does for players.
    However, I fully support people gkicking others for botting. Why? Because 3rd party sites are notorious for virus's aimed at stealing accounts, passwords, credit card info, guild web site info, ect. That player using bots could essentially lead to you losing your guild bank and funds as well as the email and gsite pws (people usually use the same pws for games as the webpages for that said game) and possibly their characters in game.
    The act itself isn't a problem so much as the threat it poses to your security.
    Except it is so easy to write a script to fish that it is usually someone in the guild writing it. As I said, in my last guild which shall remain nameless(it's still in my sig) a guy in the guild wrote a simple bot script and had it in our guild forums. So unless your some stupid kid downloading fake bots from suspicious sites, no, this is not the case.

Except it is so easy to write a script to fish that it is usually someone in the guild writing it. As I said, in my last guild which shall remain nameless(it's still in my sig) a guy in the guild wrote a simple bot script and had it in our guild forums. So unless your some stupid kid downloading fake bots from suspicious sites, no, this is not the case.
    I'm only familiar with fishing bots in WoW which did lead to my guild getting fucked out of a few accounts once.

(I was not the person who was botting. Just so its 100% clear)

You just need GM's to whisper the bots, but don't see that happening right now because there's way too few GM's.
    Took them 5 days to complete a quest for me and other people seem to have similar or longer wait times so I wouldn't expect them to spend any time on bots.
    Even though I think they really should, or make fishing automated for everyone.
    Or just make a good fishing system that's not a chore, but this takes so much work that it's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-12-07 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    You just need GM's to whisper the bots, but don't see that happening right now because there's way too few GM's.
    Took them 5 days to complete a quest for me and other people seem to have similar or longer wait times so I wouldn't expect them to spend any time on bots.
    Even though I think they really should, or make fishing automated for everyone.
    Or just make a good fishing system that's not a chore, but this takes so much work that it's not going to happen.
    and a good bot will halt as soon as it sees pink text, then you can claim you were afk and they have no proof you are actually a bot. A really bood script can even reply to tells, make a noise to alert you to come reply to the tell, or fake a DC.

Seriously, bots are not as easy to stop as people seem to think they are. If they were, why are they so prevalent in so many games?

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I'm only familiar with fishing bots in WoW which did lead to my guild getting fucked out of a few accounts once.

(I was not the person who was botting. Just so its 100% clear)
    Yeah, it wasn't as easy in WoW, since WoW has lots of money and decentish detection software. Therefore you needed a bit more than just a simple script nearly anyone with a little bit of scripting experience could write. This made going to download things the option for people. Not to mention Rifts Coin Lock system makes it difficult to get hacked. Logging in from a different IP address triggers a coin lock every time, even from the same laptop as my friend can attest to every time he comes over to play. He's on different internet, so he gets a coin lock every time.

Deleted
    You have to admit coinlock is one of the best ideas ever

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    You have to admit coinlock is one of the best ideas ever
    Coinlock is one of those things that makes you just shake your head and hand trion another 15 dollars.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you used the mainstream bots in the Wow and Rift you'd probably get caught. My guildmate who is a programmer, wrote a simple one. Very cheesy but doesn't get caught. It would beep on tells so he could rush downstairs to his computer. It would randomly miss click, wouldn't always immediately re-cast, etc. You can make them seem like a dumb human who gets distracted occasionally without much effort.

The people that leave them and go to work/sleep are the ones who deserve to be busted. I hate bots, but our fish feasts were made in China!