Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I see a lot of people posting H-Lei Shi as really easy. Can explain to me the difference between normal and heroic? I don't quite understand the Scary Fog mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I see a lot of people posting H-Lei Shi as really easy. Can explain to me the difference between normal and heroic? I don't quite understand the Scary Fog mechanic.
    The boss has a circle around her, 30 yards or so. Everyone outside that circle gets a debuff applied periodically that increases damage taken by 10% per stack (scary fog), and this applies to all targets near the player, both raid members and the boss/adds. Stacks up to 20 times. Various ways to handle it but basically you want to get that debuff stacking on someone throughout the fight without it falling off while also keeping it on the boss as much as you can. Most guilds use two people, one outside getting ready to referesh their stack while the other is in standing on the boss so the boss takes extra damage, and each time the debuff gets reapplied they swap positions, so the person with the fresh debuff comes in, the old debuff goes out, and over time you get more and more stacks and the boss takes more damage. There's a relatively strict enrage timer so if you completely ignore the mechanic you'll wipe.

The downside to more stacks is increased healing requirements but that should only be on the two people with the debuff if you handle it well. You just need to treat them like tanks essentially as they get hit extremely hard late in the fight.

Anyway you just stack that debuff and hero/lust at the end when the damage is higher. Execution wise it's a very easy boss. In current gear it's obviously harder than the bosses in MV and so on but in the gear people had when it was released it was one of the easier bosses, probably around Wind Lord/Feng level difficulty.

Thanks Gondlem,

Question then, do those people get 20 at the start of the fight and then take turns sitting on Lei Shi? Or do you have the 2 people build their stacks slowly? If you build it slowly, what pace do you use... (like get 3 stacks and then swap?)

If both people have 20 stacks, and they are both near Lei Shi, does the boss take 400% more damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Thanks Gondlem,

Question then, do those people get 20 at the start of the fight and then take turns sitting on Lei Shi? Or do you have the 2 people build their stacks slowly? If you build it slowly, what pace do you use... (like get 3 stacks and then swap?)

If both people have 20 stacks, and they are both near Lei Shi, does the boss take 400% more damage?
    Starts at 1. We use 2 Mages (as they have blink to get in / out quick, Warlocks with portal would work too). The mages take the stacks to 7 max (21k dmg/sec) and will save CDs (Temp. Shield, etc) for Get Away, we use a third tank (who also assists with tanking the Elementals) and he takes 20 stacks (60k dmg/sec). Both Lei Shi, the raid, and the elementals get effected by the damage taken buff. Maximum damage the boss can take is 200%.

Compared to Protectors/Tsulong the fight is a bit of a joke in comparison.