1. #1

    BIS weapon for Shadow priests?

    Hey guys well im confused about something,what is the bis weapon for shadow priests among these <<Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm (HEROIC)>> or
    <<Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker (HEROIC)>> ??

    I appreciate all your answers and thank you for reading my post)

    Mentakos

  2. #2
    the heroic staff from Lei Shi is atm BiS

  3. #3
    Are you sure mate?cause i saw that the best shadow priests around the world using the one handed?maybe they are unlucky and they didnt take the staff till now cause terrace its fresh still instance.

  4. #4
    The one handed sha touchd mace combined with the offhand from blade lord is bis. Staff dont even come close..

  5. #5
    So you tell me that if you combine the one handed with a good off hand then its better than the staff?

  6. #6
    Yes, that is what i'm telling you.. just make sure to enchant the MH and the OH. But ofc. the offhand needs to be somewhat good to beat the staff.

  7. #7
    At the moment the staff should be best in slot. MH + OH gives 9016.8468 PP while the staff gives 9076.4805. I used Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm with a legendary gem and Tornado-Summoning Censer as MH and OH.

    Source

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by arleni1988 View Post
    The one handed sha touchd mace combined with the offhand from blade lord is bis. Staff dont even come close..
    Askmrrobot is saying otherwise. Staff from Lei Shi seems to be the best.

    What is your source?

  9. #9
    Well if i calculated correct the MH+OH (Fan of fiery Winds) (from normal) has 7999.9556 and the staff from normal has 8101.8601 so i suppose its better to use the staff than the main hand and the off hand.
    The source i used is from <tobben> 2 posts before.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tobben View Post
    At the moment the staff should be best in slot. MH + OH gives 9016.8468 PP while the staff gives 9076.4805. I used Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm with a legendary gem and Tornado-Summoning Censer as MH and OH.

    Source
    That list does not mention enchants whatsoever.
    When using a mainhand offhand remember you'll get an extra 160 Int from the offhand enchant while still being able to use windsong/jade spirit. That puts MH/OH ahead by approx 70 points or more in almost every case. Personally I'm going to be pushing for the staff just based on the fact there's very little competition for it and it doesnt require me to get the offhand as well (Hit+Crit is much more valuable on a mage during progression anyways.) And the mace is currently BiS for healers as well. Until the majority of people are comfortably over the haste plateau, it doesn't hurt to have it as a stat on your weapon either, makes reforging a little bit smoother.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2012-12-07 at 05:13 PM.

  11. #11
    Did the staff helps more Shadow priests to reach their haste cap than use the main hand and the off hand?

  12. #12
    the staff is better due to VP upgrading IMO, unless you don't have to upgrade your healspec trinkets as well. VP upgrade really sucks if you have to play two specs =/

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentakos View Post
    Did the staff helps more Shadow priests to reach their haste cap than use the main hand and the off hand?
    Yes but only because it actually has haste on it. If you're reforging to haste (as you will be on both the mace and offhand) you only get 40% of the stat you would normally get if it actually had haste. So the staff will have approximately 2.5x more haste (at the same item level)

    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    the staff is better due to VP upgrading IMO, unless you don't have to upgrade your healspec trinkets as well. VP upgrade really sucks if you have to play two specs =/
    This as well, it will take 3000 valor to completely upgrade both of them while the staff is only 1500. The mace/offhand is technically BiS, but really only takes that spot when you're in close to BiS gear. Until then the staff is likely your best option just due to availability alone.

  14. #14
    We're talking about a BiS item set here. In that case:

    non-upgraded MH + OH is better than the staff due to the OH int enchant.
    But, upgrading the staff over MH + OH will cost you 1500 Valor points less. You can spend this on another item instead (assuming we can't fully upgrade all BiS items before 5.2).

    You will use this 1500 valor to upgrade a 'low point item' according to item budget most likely. For example Fragment of Fear Made Flesh in ring, or Korven's Amber-sealed Beatle in neck slot. Fully upgrading either of these items will net you 60int, 43crit, 15Spirit/hit. This total is quite a bit less PP value than the value of enchanting the OH.

    If you will use this 1500 valor to upgrade a 'high point item' instead, your heroic t14 chest slot for example, your gain will be 92int, 68crit, 56haste from the upgrade. This is still less than the OH enchant in PP value, but very close.

    Therefore, i believe in every situation heroic MH and OH will beat the staff, and even more so assuming you won't be upgrading every item slot before the next patch.

  15. #15
    non-upgraded MH + OH is better than the staff due to the OH int enchant.
    I don't know if this is true or not.

    Staff:
    +2071 Stamina
    +1380 Intellect
    +852 Critical Strike (1.42% @ L90)
    +961 Haste (2.26% @ L90)
    +7907 Spell Power

    MH:
    +888 Stamina
    +592 Intellect
    +406 Spirit
    +375 Critical Strike (0.62% @ L90)
    +7907 Spell Power

    OH (Fan of Fiery Winds):
    +958 Stamina
    +638 Intellect
    +373 Spirit
    +457 Haste (1.08% @ L90)

    MH+OH:
    +1846 Stamina
    +1395 Intellect (incl enchant)
    +779 Spirit
    +375 Crit
    +457 Haste
    +7907 Spellpower

    15 int and 779 spirit vs 504 haste and 477 crit

    I think the staff is still better. If the offhand enchant really makes MH+OH best in slot then come with a good source.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I don't know if this is true or not.

    Staff:
    +2071 Stamina
    +1380 Intellect
    +852 Critical Strike (1.42% @ L90)
    +961 Haste (2.26% @ L90)
    +7907 Spell Power

    MH:
    +888 Stamina
    +592 Intellect
    +406 Spirit
    +375 Critical Strike (0.62% @ L90)
    +7907 Spell Power

    OH (Fan of Fiery Winds):
    +958 Stamina
    +638 Intellect
    +373 Spirit
    +457 Haste (1.08% @ L90)

    MH+OH:
    +1846 Stamina
    +1395 Intellect (incl enchant)
    +779 Spirit
    +375 Crit
    +457 Haste
    +7907 Spellpower

    15 int and 779 spirit vs 504 haste and 477 crit

    I think the staff is still better. If the offhand enchant really makes MH+OH best in slot then come with a good source.
    Why are you using Fan of Fiery Winds and not Tornado-Summoning Censer?

  17. #17
    http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2521

    Read that thread talks about this exact situation.

    Pulled a bit out of the thread

    Staff - 9072.48 to 9712.64 = 640.16


    Mace- 7826.34 to 8362.15 = 535.81
    Dagger- 7816.89 to 8379.95 = 553.61
    OH- 1355.5 to 1441 = 85.5

    mace/oh = 621.31
    dagger/oh = 639.11

    The Mace with two upgrades and Off Hand with none = 9717.65
    Both the mace and off hand with two upgrades = 9803.15

    The off hand enchant makes the MH/OH combo still superior to the staff. In a full BiS, the dagger/off hand is the best. But I think, in a more realistic world, it's just better to get the mace. One because it is much easier to attain and two the dps difference isn't by much. We also still don't know how the legendarys are really going to work or how they are going to progress. It's a possibility that you want the mace since it will be upgraded to something better throughout the expansion.


    Drye
    Last edited by Deathzero; 2012-12-09 at 05:41 PM.

  18. #18
    Yupp. As I stated, the main hand/off hand wins out because of the off hand enchant. That is also valuing haste a little bit higher than I think it's really worth and devaluing crit. If you move crit as the strongest secondary stat the mh/oh combo is vastly superior.

    Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryelulz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •