Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    wow.. some boys shooting critters with a BB gun, quick, throw them in jail for life before they become serial killers.
    me and my brother used to go around with our BB guns shooting cans, birds, cats, dogs and even each other, and i have never displayed any homicidal tendencies.
    You shot animals with a bb gun, that is one of the three deciders for sociopathic behaviours later in life.

EDIT: To expand I don't think the kids should be locked up, but they need a harsh lesson in empathy. Send them to an abattoir and make them kill and gut a cow. The smell alone would be punishment enough.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2012-12-07 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    10-12 years old. When i was that age granted i wasn't mature but i certainly knew what i was doing.
    This sounds pretty realistic, the punishment depends on the crime though but definitely jail for murder/rape w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    wow.. some boys shooting critters with a BB gun, quick, throw them in jail for life before they become serial killers.
    me and my brother used to go around with our BB guns shooting cans, birds, cats, dogs and even each other, and i have never displayed any homicidal tendencies.
    You have displayed enormous douchebag tendencies though.

No but there's a reason cruelty to animals at a young age is considered a sign of antisocial personality disorder. Most people empathise with other living beings, causing harm to another would make one experience feelings of guilt and regret, people with antisocial personality disorder do not experience this and thus the reason they are able to cause harm to other living beings. Obviously with kids it tends to emerge in cruelty to animals since animals are small and these little pricks are too pussy to go after things their own size.

I jus wanna point out that not everyone with anti social behaviour becomes a murderer. It's just it's a lot more likely for that to happen since if you lack the basic empathy towards other living beings you're more likely to being able to take a life. And yes serial killers more or less always start out with animals at a young age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    An Airsoft gun is not a firearm, so there is no Federal restriction on age to purchase. At the state or local level there may be laws restricting age. (In Michigan for example there are no restrictions on a state level).

As for the orange tip, it is a requirement to be commercially sold. Again, it is not necessarily illegal to remove the orange tip, though it is incredibly stupid. (In Michigan, the orange tip is required).
    Um, you have never bought airsoft weapons have you... It says on the package "Must be 18 or older to purchase".

I didn't watch the video because I can't stand animal cruelty.

When should people be responsible for their own actions? Once you are old enough to "know better" and are in control of your actions.

Odd wording? How about an example?
    If you punch someone, then you are responsible for your actions and should face the consequences.
    If you have a seizure and hit another person during the seizure, then you are not responsible for your actions because you weren't in control of your limbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugdoctor View Post
    A .22 is a glorified BB gun.
    We used the .22 up and close in the military.. the bullet enters the skull but doesn't exit, "bouncing" around in the brain. Far from a glorified bb gun if you ask me.

But i guess this is an airsoft pistol seeing as the slide doesn't move and no bullet shells exit.... still, these guys should be punished quite badly. Isn't the SPCA for stuff like this in the United States ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The day they are born. My parents would punish me growing up even if I did't knowany better, even if it was just a verbal scoldiing. They'll still punish or scold me. The problem I not the kids being held accountable, its the parents failure to, well, parent.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Um, you have never bought airsoft weapons have you... It says on the package "Must be 18 or older to purchase".
    No, I have not bought an airsoft weapon. However, I'll restate that there is no Federal age restriction on airsoft guns. It's no different than any other spring or compressed air BB gun, which doesn't have a Federal age restriction. State level laws may apply, but I stand by my statement. For example, in the state of Michigan there is a law regarding spring or compressed gas BB Handguns LINK Here saying that no one under 18 years old can use or possess outside his home a BB handgun unless in the presence of someone over 18. There is no law against BB rifles, and nothing about the purchase of these items.

If you have source saying otherwise (Federal level) please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    The day they are born. My parents would punish me growing up even if I did't knowany better, even if it was just a verbal scoldiing. They'll still punish or scold me. The problem I not the kids being held accountable, its the parents failure to, well, parent.
    We don't know if the parents failed to teach their children right from wrong. They could have very well scolded them or punished them but they still went ahead and choose to do this anyway. They should have some type of punishment for this maybe being made to work helping with animals for a few months.

I am leaning for the 12-13 year age for kids to be seen as responsible for their actions. At that point kids know the basics of "If I do this, that happens" and "It is wrong for me to do this." Now there are somethings that kids are going to do because well, they are kids. But when it comes to things like murder, rape, theft and etc kids know better.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Not to sound bad but just want to get my facts straight, I thought squirrels are considered pests in some places in the USA and killing them is allowed.

I know torturing an animal is cruel and they deserve to be punished, i just want to know about the vermin bit.
    Why does that even matter in this context?

10+ Year Old Account
    should be based on crime and age rather than just age.

regarding that video. Idk. When I was 5 yrs old, I used to put insects in the microwave to watch them go nuclear, and I don't feel too bad about it.

It was all for science.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-12-07 at 09:06 PM.

Shouldn't be based on age, it should be based on the mental capacity of the person. Put someone through a series of tests/ interactions to determine if they are mentally, emotionally and intellectually able to comprehend what it was they were doing along the consequences of their actions. Age limits are arbitrary and stupid and should honestly have no bearing on when someone is accountable for what they are doing....it's not like a person is more or less mature at 17 years and 364 days than at 18 years (legal adulthood in USA).

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    should be based on crime and age rather than just age.

regarding that video. Idk. When I was 5 yrs old, I used to put insects in the microwave to watch them go nuclear, and I don't feel too bad about it.

It was all for science.
    Well, you were just 5. These kids are probably triple that age, and a squirrel is a mammal. Though if I was your parent, I'd scold you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Not to sound bad but just want to get my facts straight, I thought squirrels are considered pests in some places in the USA and killing them is allowed.

I know torturing an animal is cruel and they deserve to be punished, i just want to know about the vermin bit.
    Squirrels are considered pests, a nuisance, and vermin in almost every place. They're capable of causing damage to structures and even starting house fires due to the way they build their dreys in attics and roofs; they view electrical wiring as sticks and twigs and will attempt to "trim" it with their teeth (which, since they're rodents, never stop growing.) This strips the insulation away, allowing bare wires to touch, potentially causing a short. This short can cause sparks, which will ignite the squirrel's drey (which, made of highly flammable stuff like leaves and twigs, is perfect kindling) and ta-da, you have a house fire!

There's nothing wrong with killing squirrels because they're pests or because you're hungry.

There's a lot wrong with fucking torturing a squirrel with some little cheapshit airsoft gun because you're fucked in the head and your parents were too stupid to get an abortion.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Rugdoctor View Post
    A .22 is a glorified BB gun.
    "Hey is it okay if I shoot you with this .22, it's just like a bb gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    There's no set age, it would depend on many factors.

However, torturing critters is the sign of a serial killer.
    Yeah like Luka Magnotta...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

I don't generally advocate burly black man prison rape, but I would make an exception for this dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    The older a person gets the broader spectrum of morality I think a person fully comprehends, but even my 6 year old nieces and nephews understand basic right and wrong. I don't think it's shocking that young people will toy with this sort of thing, though I don't see these particular kids truly interested in torturing the squirrel. There's a mixture of fascination and remorse going on in that video, but I don't think they had a clear intent to prolong it's suffering.

I'm pretty sure I shot at a few things when I was young, but I'd never inflict pain on an animal just for shits and giggles these days. There were even times when I was younger where I was fishing, and once it came down to clubbing the fish I didn't want to do it. Death is interesting on some level, but often individuals don't like what they find once they see it up close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    You shot animals with a bb gun, that is one of the three deciders for sociopathic behaviours later in life.

EDIT: To expand I don't think the kids should be locked up, but they need a harsh lesson in empathy. Send them to an abattoir and make them kill and gut a cow. The smell alone would be punishment enough.
    Don't really think you can actually teach someone to feel empathy, they can either feel it or they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Yeah like Luka Magnotta...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

I don't generally advocate burly black man prison rape, but I would make an exception for this dude.
    Yeah...he looks like a fine upstanding member of society.

/sarcasm

Someone needs to get them kids a bb gun or .22 so they actually kill the little critters they're shooting at.

I don't think there's a set age at when people should be held responsible for their actions because everyone matures differently.