Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    To everyone in this thread I know binding would be better but it just seems so god awful hard to remember all those keys

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:33 PM ----------

also whats a focus macro
    A macro to put your target/mouseover /targetoftarget / whatever as your focus target so you can use other macros to attack your focus without having to target them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I cannot help but feel your doing it wrong, I think you are in a minority of people who have close to 100 binds, I come to 50 if I try hard.
    Hmm I have slightly less then 120 keybinds for my destructionspec, and slightly over 140 for my afflictionspec.
    If you count modifiers, it's actually pretty easy to reach 100 for some classes
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-07 at 10:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    More binds =/ more skill

Just had to throw that out there.
    It doesn't, but more binds = harder time clicking, yes.

I would have like, 11 rows of bartender keys taking up at least a quarter of my screen if I had all my keybinds visible to click - and I play with my bars very small because I Don't have to click them in the heat of combat - if I were trying to make them easily clickable I'd probably have to enlarge them. My point is, the only way I could even think about playing a piano-UI'd MMO like WoW is if they supported dual screens so I could devote an entire screen just to buttons - it would look like a soundboard.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-12-07 at 11:31 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    To everyone in this thread I know binding would be better but it just seems so god awful hard to remember all those keys

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:33 PM ----------

also whats a focus macro
    But it just seems dude! It's not awful to remember. Start with 1or2 binds, and when you're confortable with, you add another one etc
    at the end of the day you dont remember all those keys. You hit them instinctively at the moment you think "oh shit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    But it just seems dude! It's not awful to remember. Start with 1or2 binds, and when you're confortable with, you add another one etc
    at the end of the day you dont remember all those keys. You hit them instinctively at the moment you think "oh shit"
    ^ Exactly - just try it and you won't go back to clicking ever. WoW starts you off with W,A,S,D bound for movement - and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 for keys - just put you hand on the keyboard and try fighting a mob or a target dummy using only your keyboard hand - like 5 minutes of that and you will hate yourself for clicking all those years.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    arcane mage

1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-2

For random bgs? I find spriest works very well with clicking. *shrug* There is around 30 abilities which I use per most fights but 10 of those are bount to my VuhDo and the other 20 are on my bars but I need less than half of GCD to get to any one of them so I don't really have any problems. The only stuff that I have bound are silence, fear and fade.

I started out as a hunter in TBC as a 100% clicker. I manged to CC and kite the add on moroes as a full clicker and key board turner. Don't be put off. I think we all clicked when we started.

I don't click much any more so I can only say start with a hunter or mage. Then bind a few abilities, to 1 2 3 or a/d or q/e then maybe f/g etc and slowly stick with it, the more you use it the more the muscle memory will learn to hit it. It takes time it doesn't happen over night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    I used to be a clicker like you.

Then I found it easy to hit 1, 2 and 3 whilst moving about on my Holy Priest.

It's taken me since ToC to get 1-6 and F1-F4 bound. Takes longer for some than others.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    arcane mage

1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-2

3 for Arcane Missiles, 4 for Bomb, and maybe 5 for Fire Blast's Bomb effect.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Honestly, you won't get a helpful answer to your question.

in my own experience clicking is just as good as binding IF you are an average pvp player and do not want to achieve higher rankings. personally im just a mediocre pvp player and i click EVERY spell, i have no keybinds at all. I play warrior 2070 cr in rbg, feral druid 2010 cr in rbg and as a 2nd alt warlock ~ 1850 cr in rbg. imo it is just average but fine for me especially as i play only random via trade channel. and i'm not failing at a higher percentage or do significantly less dmg but as i said im really just a "normal" player.

so what do you want ... 2200er rating or even higher in 3v3? you need keybinds macros and training. 2200 rating in rbg? clicking is fine as i achieved 2100 last season and this season 2200 should be no problem.

At first you have to decide which style you prefer, healing range dd or melee. just as a hint, you should play a single target burst healing/dps class. if you ask for recommendation i suggest JUST for rbg HPaladin, frost dk warrior and ele shaman. these classes are easier to play compared to feral for example, have little cc and remain on one target.

so what else do you need. a mouse with high sensivity, a clicker friendly interface like elv ui or tuk ui or LUI if it stll exists and maybe 3-4 macros, but i click my macros as well.

To everyone in this thread I know binding would be better but it just seems so god awful hard to remember all those keys[COLOR="red"]
    It is not harder then remembering where all the buttons are. Make like 3 keybinds and use em for some time... Then add some more and continue like this. You will not regret. You will become a better player. I wish you good luck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    A macro to put your target/mouseover /targetoftarget / whatever as your focus target so you can use other macros to attack your focus without having to target them.

Hmm I have slightly less then 120 keybinds for my destructionspec, and slightly over 140 for my afflictionspec.
    If you count modifiers, it's actually pretty easy to reach 100 for some classes
    LOL, I have a real hard time to imagine you need over 100 keybinds. Can you try list them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I cannot help but feel your doing it wrong, I think you are in a minority of people who have close to 100 binds, I come to 50 if I try hard.
    i know hunters who've bragged to me about having 120+. pet classes are can be really egregious about binds because of the minutiae of controlling the pet. a support spec like ret can also be quite bad because you are often repeatedly using spells on hostile and non hostile targets with in a few seconds of each other. you need separate target binds a lot of the time to speed up your reactions. basically take every ability bind you have and quadruple it. for example i've got 6 separate binds for word of glory (focus, targettarget, party1 party2, self, harsh word) same goes for hand of freedom.

players with really good reflexes, spacial awareness and fine motor control might be able to get away with not using these, but for the rest of us, they make play much easier.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i know hunters who've bragged to me about having 120+. pet classes are can be really egregious about binds because of the minutiae of controlling the pet. a support spec like ret can also be quite bad because you are often repeatedly using spells on hostile and non hostile targets with in a few seconds of each other. you need separate target binds a lot of the time to speed up your reactions. basically take every ability bind you have and quadruple it. for example i've got 6 separate binds for word of glory (focus, targettarget, party1 party2, self, harsh word) same goes for hand of freedom.

players with really good reflexes, spacial awareness and fine motor control might be able to get away with not using these, but for the rest of us, they make play much easier.
    As someone who plays a pet class (aff lock), my lock has like 60-70 keybinds - a good deal less than my spriest (who has both offensive and defensive binds, where my lock generally only has offensive ones). Pet binds take up like 5-7 keybinds at most, they certainly don't take 20-40 like I have to imagine would be needed for anyone to claim over 100 keybinds. In fact, anyone claiming over 100 keybinds, please list them for me - I'm pretty sure none of you have actually counted - unless you have like, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7 = /summon Cinder Kitten, non-combat binds don't count people ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    ^ Exactly - just try it and you won't go back to clicking ever. WoW starts you off with W,A,S,D bound for movement - and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 for keys - just put you hand on the keyboard and try fighting a mob or a target dummy using only your keyboard hand - like 5 minutes of that and you will hate yourself for clicking all those years.

It might just be me but I think MMO games have a terrible default control scheme. This is why I think most new people to the genre click when they first play. They don't want to spend time to figure out what to bind and how to bind. New players just want to play the game to see if they like it.

If blizzard unbinded the move left/right keys,8,,9,0,-,= and had the left side characters all default binded, it would go a long way in helping people learn to bind early. Oh yeah, the extra action bars should be default.

Disable keyboard turn and backpedal. Try using E,S,F for movement it opens up more keys in close range to bind. Once you cant backpedal and keyboard turn you will force yourself to use your mouse for moving, which will cause you to use your binds instead of falling back to clicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    LOL, I have a real hard time to imagine you need over 100 keybinds. Can you try list them?
    Hmm I can but it would look rather complicated since I use my razer lycosas nice ability to swap between different profiles, allowing me to keybind a crapton of spells on very little space.
    Also, I'm left handed, playing with a french azerty ( because I live there, duh) keyboard, so most people are like: "How the fuck can you play with such keybinds"

EDIT: also, I think having 70+ keybinds is pretty standard for most casters in PvP at a decent rating... At higher ratings that amount usually raises because you want to be able to do everything with as little delay as possible.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-08 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Chance are he include the macro like cast fear on arena target 1or 2 or 3. With those included than 100 key is not that difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    As title says im a clicker not a thread about whats better clicking or binding i know binding is better. My question is what class/spec is the easiest for us clickers and wow please dont say any melee class tried that last night as a clicker and wanted to cry cus everyone was just zipping and zooming around me
    You're going to get slaughtered clicking in pvp. That gives your opponent a pretty big advantage over you. If you want to save yourself the headache, learn to keybind. It's fast to learn, and gives you much more freedom. Nobody is beyond learning to bind.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    As someone who plays a pet class (aff lock), my lock has like 60-70 keybinds - a good deal less than my spriest (who has both offensive and defensive binds, where my lock generally only has offensive ones). Pet binds take up like 5-7 keybinds at most, they certainly don't take 20-40 like I have to imagine would be needed for anyone to claim over 100 keybinds. In fact, anyone claiming over 100 keybinds, please list them for me - I'm pretty sure none of you have actually counted - unless you have like, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7 = /summon Cinder Kitten, non-combat binds don't count people ;p
    Are you counting modifiers each as a keybind?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    shadow priests by far.

Only clicker I've ever met IRL was my friends dad, and he played a shadow priest. So yeah, there you go.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

keybind one ability at a time and you will adjust, i dont want to sound harsh, but you will never be optimal while clicking.