Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    its been my experiences that clickers also often tend to be key turners. how do you keyturn and use mouseovers?
    hmmm, I click and I never turn with keys.

the art oc "clicking" is like playing a piano. After a while you just know where to move your mouse without looking. Helps to have a UI mod so you can rotate while you're down inside your hotbar clicking away that way you can avoid the "click-drag-move" motion. (used to do that, horrible when trying to battle and manage CDs at the correct time)

not so bad once you get used to it, been beating key binders 1v1 for yrs now. Used to beat ranked arena players on my server with pve gear back in wrath... then again, it helped being a ret paladin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post

the art oc "clicking" is like playing a piano. After a while you just know where to move your mouse without looking. Helps to have a UI mod so you can rotate while you're down inside your hotbar clicking away that way you can avoid the "click-drag-move" motion. (used to do that, horrible when trying to battle and manage CDs at the correct time)

not so bad once you get used to it, been beating key binders 1v1 for yrs now. Used to beat ranked arena players on my server with pve gear back in wrath... then again, it helped being a ret paladin lol.
    This is very very very difficult to believe or take seriously

EDIT: Know what, it's not just hard to believe, it's just a lie.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-10 at 10:17 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, and mashing actual buttons on a keyboard in the proper order isn't like playing a piano? Oh wait, that actually makes more sense then using a mouse to click on buttons.

No matter how amazing you are at clicking, an equally skilled keybinder will beat you simply because keybinding is far superior.
    Sure you can beat keybinders 1v1 when they are bad, but any decent keybinder will just swarm around you or kite you all day long and beat you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this guy, as I used to click a lot myself.
    So long as you don't use shift macros, then there's a way to prevent dragging of bars whilst clicking.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Healer. If you want to do damage, be a ranged class. Melee is nearly impossible to play even decently while clicking. But I would suggest at least adding one keybind at a time. I only have around twenty or so, as no others feel comfortable to reach. For some people who are creatures of habit, getting used to keybinds can be difficult. It has nothing to do with being a bad player. Just add one at a time and try to get used to using it, and keep adding more until at least all of your primary attacks are bound. Contrary to what people say, not everything needs to be bound, but your main attacks and emergency cooldowns should be. It will be well worth it in the end, trust me. But in the meantime, you will want to be a ranged class.

I use a combination of Clicking & Keybinding to heal on my Mistweaver, but that is because I use VuhDo.

I think Tanks would be the easiest to be a clicker with. While the opening would be a little tricky, typically tanking is very much standing still, or a basic movement repeated. There is rarely anything that disturbs tanks enough to require you to be a keybound pro.

All my healing spells are bound to my Mouse and I use it via VuhDo. All my cooldowns, and other abilities are bound on my keyboard. It means I don't need to bind things like Ctrl + 3.

Arcane mage wbahahaahaaa

Deleted
    its been said a lot in this thread...

but if u have the money then buy a gaming mouse (doesnt have to be a naga)...for example before i switched to the naga i used the steelseries verison....same idea with multiple buttons on one mouse. this way ur still "clicking" but u dont suffer the fall back of having to use ur mouse movement to target the correct spell to click

so id have a look at the razer, logitech and steelseries gaming mice and see what looks best for you

From a theoretical perspective, in a DPS class you want a spec that deemphasizes movement and reacting to procs. Something with a slowish, predictable dps rotation so that you know what your next ability will be and can move your mouse to it ahead of time. Beastmaster hunter seems to fit this bill. You don't have to move much and the penalty isn't huge if you do move. Although the rotation has a crapton of buttons, some of them can be macroed together and none of them are proc based - you generally know what your next shot will be. The spec already sucks at target swapping, so nobody's going to be expecting you do to great damage when you have to target swap (a weakness of clicking). And it's the top hunter spec at the moment anyway. Not that that's saying much.

Arcane mage might be another option. They do have procs to respond to, but they're likewise movement averse and single-target based. Unfortunately, arcane isn't the best mage spec right now. If you're playing casually though (and clicking suggests you are) that's probably not a deal breaker.

I'd steer well clear of shadow priest, warlock, and boomkin. Multidotting is going to be really, really hard on a clicker.

Don't know enough about elemental shammies to have an opinion.

Deleted
    I'm actually thinking Fire Mage. I've played both Fire and Frost (with keybinding) and I don't really understand why so many people would suggest Frost. Frostbolt is a very fast cast so you have less time to react to an Ice Lance proc (or Frostfire Bolt, although that's predictable if you track the time left on your bomb), while Fireball is a bit longer so you'll have the time to react to Heating Up.

The only other thing I've played is a Hunter, mostly SV/BM. I wouldn't recommend it, they have a very large amount of buttons to click, and although the rotation is very predictable, it still feels very fast-paced. I'm not 100% sure how much of a problem that is for clickers in general, maybe I'm just a bit prejudiced to think they won't have enough time to click the next button. If many buttons isn't a problem, then a Hunter would actually be a very good choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Play a hunter. At least no one will be surprised when you're not doing very well.
    rofl...comedy gold
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

heres the thing with wolk ret, it was nearly impossible to tell a good ret from a bad one due to how easy the spec was to play. rets could be lethal on contact with very little effort due to their ability to negate armor with holy damage and in early wolk a lot of people were so taken aback by the formerly joke spec's ability to deal damage that they had noooo how to deal with them.

i don't play the piano, but my boyfriend does. watching him play, he doesn't even look at the keys, he only looks at his music sheet or into some point beyond the piano if he is playing from memory. this is very much like how he plays video games. his muscle memory of his key bindings, like his muscle memory of his piano keys, is so good that he no longer needs to look at his bar mods ( indeed his only has major cooldowns visible) or at his keyboard to be able to effectively act.

so no, clicking is nothing like playing the piano.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    As title says im a clicker not a thread about whats better clicking or binding i know binding is better. My question is what class/spec is the easiest for us clickers and wow please dont say any melee class tried that last night as a clicker and wanted to cry cus everyone was just zipping and zooming around me
    no but this is the pvp forum ...
    if you wanna pvp you better learn your keybinds fast

Deleted
    Well after 8 years of being a pve clicker, i decided to start doing some pvp. I tried clicking as i always have and got nowhere, decided i'm going to have to teach myself to bind. Most classes have only about 5 basic abilities now, give or take, so started with them on 1-5, bound shift and ctrl to my 2 side mouse buttons and gradually starting to learn to use them as well (I have serious difficulty reaching them on the keyboard)
    It's been horrible, I've died alot, hit random cd's/abilities at the wrong time, fumble my keys trying to find the right spell and have to keep yelling at myself for catching myself almost about to click things.
    However after only a short time i'm seeing improvement in my playing. I can see more of whats going on, i can keep better track of cd's and cc's on both myself and my target and i can keep on top of people alot easier. It is hell and very disheartening to start with but stick at it and you'll see results. Spend a bit of time on a dummy for the basics but then best thing to do i found was to jump in random bg's so you get used to the movement, mindlessly bashing on a dummy is fine for a bit but you also dont have to react to anything and learn where you cd's are.

I will say without a doubt that Blood DK is the most click-friendly spec for PvE or PvP. I have no problem surviving in PvP as a Blood DK because the only button I need to push repeatedly is Death Strike. Everything else is just managing 1000 offensive and defensive cooldowns. Every spell that is trouble (evocation, chaos bolt) takes more than a GCD to cast so there's plenty of time to click a response. And everything else is a fucking instant cast you couldn't have prevented no matter how great your keybinds are.

I click Remorseless Winter, then Chain of Ice, then run up and hug them until they freeze. I click Death Grip if they get away. Once frozen I click my trinket/pot macro (I'm at least doing that) then burst the hell out of them. Then click my 5-second stun just as the ice thaws. If they get below 30% I click Necrotic Strike to keep them from healing and Soul Reaper for that execute goodness. Most are dead by that point but if they aren't I'll click Ghoul or Dancing Weapon to pokes on them while I wait for a minute to pass so I can repeat the cycle until they die.

Nothing's funnier to me than a keyboard-turning clicker Alliance beating someone who thinks PvP is srs buziness.