Deleted

What is the best tank class of this patch in your oppinion?

Hey guys,

Like the title says i was wondering which tanking class you find best nowadays and why?
    I've always liked tanking but I don' t know which one has the biggest "advantage" above the rest.

Currently i have a warrior and a dk at 90 geared for lfr and I have a pally and a druid sitting at 85.

Hope you guys feel like throwing some oppinions out!

Cheers

Deleted
    Right now I think it's pala>DK=warr>druid>=monk

Don't quote me on this, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best is whatever fits your (assuming) 10 man raid comp...be it with buff coverage and class tokens.

Oh, and whatever you enjoy playing. Since you're asking this question in the first place, any remotely difficult content is already ruled out, so it doesn't matter.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Best is whatever fits your (assuming) 10 man raid comp...be it with buff coverage and class tokens.

Oh, and whatever you enjoy playing. Since you're asking this question in the first place, any remotely difficult content is already ruled out, so it doesn't matter.
    I'd say 90% of the time the tank is a warrior or a DK in heroics, in my experience.

I tank on my warrior myself, and my friend is a holy paladin. He said the few times he's had a druid tank, they've been "more difficult to heal." Whether that was because of the druid's playstyle or lack of ability would have to be studied further. Are you guys seeing a more diverse array of tanks or am I going crazy?

Warrior and DK

druid tank for life!

Druid tanks have it the worst because they don't deal with bleeds as well as the other tanks. A lot of raid level bosses tend to pack bleeds these days. A pack of mobs with bleeds can down a bear almost in a one shot if the healer is not ready for it.

Warrior > Pally > Dk

forever and ever and ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Druid tanks have it the worst because they don't deal with bleeds as well as the other tanks. A lot of raid level bosses tend to pack bleeds these days. A pack of mobs with bleeds can down a bear almost in a one shot if the healer is not ready for it.
    BrM says hi (excluding a glyph for a major cd)

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    BrM says hi (excluding a glyph for a major cd)
    Doesn't sound like they'll be fixing BrMs anytime soon either
    "Monks are likely the class that needs the most work right now. Mistweavers have been difficult to balance, work on that is still ongoing. Healing and DPS Monks are also underrepresented in PvP."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Don't quote me on this, though.
    To late! =P I shelved my DK for Monk and never have seen a reason to go back. At least on all normal mode fights I've been easier to heal than any other tank I've grouped with and my DPS puts most of them to shame.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I take less damage than my Paladin co-tank. It's all down to player skill with the class.

Monk tank seems to have some new mechanics for damage reduction. I healed awful geared monks through heroics with not much problem as well as decently geared monks with insane stress and difficulty to keep them up. once the player know what to do monk is pretty good tank (which can heal a ton if there is nothing to tank).

So from healer perspective its same every patch: skilled tank >>>>>> all other tanks (the class has minimal efect in general tanking)

If you grou struggle on enrages - DK or Druid,
    If you lack raid CDs or healing - Monk or Pala
    for fast mobile tanking - Warrior is king
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2012-12-07 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    imma have to say dk and warrior pretty close. then druid, pally, and monk i dunno never tanked with one at high level yet, or really have healed one in a dung
    Last edited by jd812; 2012-12-07 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    He said the few times he's had a druid tank, they've been "more difficult to heal." Whether that was because of the druid's playstyle or lack of ability would have to be studied further.
    Is probably a lack of skill. As a guardian tank, I find I need few heals since I know how to respond in most fights. New tanks will always struggle, but if the Druid truly knows what he/she is doing, the healing to a druid should be minimal.

Skilled monk without a doubt.

Tanks are much more balanced this expac than at any other time. However, player skill is also probably playing the largest role it ever has in tanking. A lot of players still don't understand active mitigation (and TBH, Blizzard hasn't done them any favors here).

I'm sure by the end of the xpac we'll see dedicated tanking addons that are much better, and probably a lot of base UI tools that help out tanks as well. This should bring up the bottom of the curve quite a bit. Until then, the variability in tanking skill is going to heavily dominate over any minor differences in tank class balance.