10+ Year Old Account

C#.net Image size reduction question.

Anyone develop web applications using C#.net?

Im wondering if any of you guys know of a plug in from Adobe that will allow me to automatically reduce the file size of a .tif or .pdf on upload. When a user clicks the upload button, I want to process the image through something that will reduce its size as low as possible. Its possible to do this with the Adobe acrobat reader, by opening the image and selecting 'reduce file size', but I dont want the user to worry about things like that.

For the first time in my life, I cant find something on Google that's worth using, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have used something like this in the past, or have any better suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Anyone develop web applications using C#.net?

Im wondering if any of you guys know of a plug in from Adobe that will allow me to automatically reduce the file size of a .tif or .pdf on upload. When a user clicks the upload button, I want to process the image through something that will reduce its size as low as possible. Its possible to do this with the Adobe acrobat reader, by opening the image and selecting 'reduce file size', but I dont want the user to worry about things like that.

For the first time in my life, I cant find something on Google that's worth using, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have used something like this in the past, or have any better suggestions.
    PDF has something that's called 'Linearize'
    I believe that's the way you can do loss-less reduction in size of PDF documents. So look up how to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    PDF has something that's called 'Linearize'
    I believe that's the way you can do loss-less reduction in size of PDF documents. So look up how to do that.
    Thanks man, Ill check that out right now.

Im working on image processing in .net, c sharp and vb, also the image add on, if you wanna any help, you can come and get what you want.

if you are looking for C#.net image resize function. i think i can help you with that. there are codes and tutorial .