Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I've read it a few times and I don't see anything about her committing suicide.
    Its unexplained, meaning its probably suicide, like there is no blunt force, doesn't look like she fell from a height, she wasn't lit on fire, not electrocuted, wasn't stabbed or shot.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Reminds me of a prank I was the victim of.

A friend of mine sent me a text message saying he was in real big trouble and to call a certain number and ask for Liz. I tried calling him back but his phone was turned off. I called the number supplied and got this.....

Them: Buckingham palace visitors reception, how may I help you?
    Me: BASTARD! *puts phone down*
    Tbh, that was quite a good laugh. I know it prob wasn't at the time, and they did worry you by pretending to be in trouble. But I'm sure looking back at it now you're laughing at it, I would. My prank call was something mere horrible... I had some person in school that hated my guts, because I was shy and into myself so I didn't really replied much to questions of her. One point I got phonecall I was pestering lot of people in school, it got me crying because I had angry parents on my ass...while I was being the one pestered...my parents believed me and told the parents to watch their own children for pestering me and making me show quilty... I still can't laugh at that after 15years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Its really tragic and so desperately sad. Also I think calling the nurse in question gullible is really in bad taste, its easy to say what you would and wouldn't do while sitting quietly behind a computer. Bottom line, I hope the Aussie DJs are fired and that they never forget the hurt and misery they have caused this Nurse's family and colleagues.
    You act like many of us have never worked under stress with little sleep, I still stand by my statement that she was gullible. The callers sounded nothing like a posh old woman, I have heard the recording.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Its unexplained, meaning its probably suicide, like there is no blunt force, doesn't look like she fell from a height, she wasn't lit on fire, not electrocuted, wasn't stabbed or shot.
    Also the fact that she v recently been the focus of a high profile prank call involving the royal family. There's jumping to conclusions and then being naive. In any case the fact remains that she is dead, either by suicide or not. It'd be hard to argue that the hoax call did not play a part in that.

How is that a prank? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to fake your identity in order to get medical information on someone else. Put interpol on the case.

Deleted
    You act like many of us have never worked under stress with little sleep, I still stand by my statement that she was gullible. The callers sounded nothing like a posh old woman, I have heard the recording.
    hmmm so the fact that she's gullible makes it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    How is that a prank? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to fake your identity in order to get medical information on someone else. Put interpol on the case.
    lying is not against the law, at least in the US it isn't.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What a silly thing to kill yourself over, but it doesn't mention suicide in the article.
    Why is that a silly thing? Just imagine to be in her Position. Television makes fun of you, Newspapers make fun of you, those Guys at the Radiostation make fun of you, the Internet makes fun of you and i would bet that some funny pranksters called her at Home and laughed at her too. If you combine those things with how bad she must've felt after all that a Suicide doesn't come a long way. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Lying is not. Identity theft is.

Deleted

i think pretending to be someone else to get private information might be here though, i have no idea really though. plus the callers were in Australia.

Just to clarify a few things here... The nurse that was found dead was the one that answered the phone and put the call though to the private nurse. It was the private nurse that the DJ's managed to get information out of.

They "stole" private information....

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    They "stole" private information....
    It was given to them.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

What we have is a caring young woman dead because of some stupid stupid prank call and international and professional humiliation. The fact that she is arguably gullible is beside the point because that doesn't make it okay. If you were caring for a member of the Royal Family in hospital, perhaps it would not be unreasonable to expect family members to make a personal call. Unless you know what the royal protocol is in these situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Just to clarify a few things here... The nurse that was found dead was the one that answered the phone and put the call though to the private nurse. It was the private nurse that the DJ's managed to get information out of.
    Mmm, although I could understand her distress of having been fooled by their impression as she's the first point of contact.

It was given to them.
    Under false pretences

Deleted
    This is incredibly sad, and it is impossible not to make the connection. What an absolutely horrible thing to happen.

It was given to them.
    By deceiving someone. If I trick someone into giving me your Social Security number, that's not theft?

Lying to obtain official and confidential information is against the law.

I'm pretty sure that impersonating the queen in such a way is also illegal.

It was given to them.
    Pretty sure there is a media term for when a journalist phones up a company and pretends to be someone else in order to obtain private and confidential information. I am also pretty sure such actions are illegal unless they are in the public interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    By deceiving someone. If I trick someone into giving me your Social Security number, that's not theft?
    no its not.
    Gamdwelf the Mage