1. #1

    Remote guild chat from a mobile device (Setup needed?)

    So I built my new PC and everything seems to be working well! This morning I reactivated my WoW Sub and upgraded to MoP and rejoined my guild. While I did this I also downloaded the mobile app as well. However when I load it up all I see are red circles with an x going through it for the "Guild" and "Guild Chat" option. How do I go about enabling this feature?
    Thanks in advance!
    Rallaster

  2. #2
    Do you have the mobile authenticator installed on your phone?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Do you have the mobile authenticator installed on your phone?
    No I have one of the old school ones at home. Will this screw up my log in info at home? I never knew I had to have it.

  4. #4
    Have you tried pressing the struck-through guild chat button? It may prompt you for an authenticator code, after which you can then use the guild chat. I have the mobile authenticator installed, and the WoW armory app pulls an authenticator code straight from the authenticator app.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  5. #5
    for sake of having anything in one spot, i would remove your old auth from account and install the smartphone one and tie it to your account.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you tried pressing the struck-through guild chat button? It may prompt you for an authenticator code, after which you can then use the guild chat. I have the mobile authenticator installed, and the WoW armory app pulls an authenticator code straight from the authenticator app.
    Well the issue I am having I cant even click on it. Its just grayed out with a red x. I'm trying to run it on my Samsung Galaxy SIII if that helps at all. But I'm guessing I'm just missing something.

  7. #7
    Have you got the character selected properly? If a non-guilded character is selected then you wouldn't be able to access any guild related stuff.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you tried pressing the struck-through guild chat button? It may prompt you for an authenticator code, after which you can then use the guild chat. I have the mobile authenticator installed, and the WoW armory app pulls an authenticator code straight from the authenticator app.
    I can set this up when I get home. Still interesting it's not letting me even try t log in though. The log in to the app didn't need a code though. Strange.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you got the character selected properly? If a non-guilded character is selected then you wouldn't be able to access any guild related stuff.
    Yes if I go under him with the armory it even says I am in the guild. Could it be a ranking issue within the guild?

  9. #9
    i know it works on the s3 - one of our guildies is running it on it.

    maybe uninstall reinstall the app?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sl00thy View Post
    i know it works on the s3 - one of our guildies is running it on it.

    maybe uninstall reinstall the app?
    Did that and nothing.

  11. #11
    Blademaster adidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    32
    So in order to use the Authenticator on the phone, you first need to deactivate the old keychain auth (if that was the prior one) and then reactivate the phone auth app through your BAttle.net account.

    As for the armory app on the phone, it should allow you to connect right on up to guild chat no problems, make sure you've entered in all the info needed : Email address used for login, password, and the realm you play on. You should not need to use an auth code for just logging on to the armory app via your phone. Now my experience if you wanna do anything with the AH on the app, that you HAVE to auth and login for that again, while already in the app, and the app should prompt you too.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by adidas View Post
    So in order to use the Authenticator on the phone, you first need to deactivate the old keychain auth (if that was the prior one) and then reactivate the phone auth app through your BAttle.net account.

    As for the armory app on the phone, it should allow you to connect right on up to guild chat no problems, make sure you've entered in all the info needed : Email address used for login, password, and the realm you play on. You should not need to use an auth code for just logging on to the armory app via your phone. Now my experience if you wanna do anything with the AH on the app, that you HAVE to auth and login for that again, while already in the app, and the app should prompt you too.
    Thanks for your reply!

    I may use the smartphone one...but if my phone dies it might be hard getting into the account correct?

    As far as the online guild chat...Its just grayed out. I cant click on it but I can see the icon. If I click on it I get nothing. The app prompts me to login as I open the app. It takes my user name and password and all of my chars are showing up. I mean hell its even showing that hes in a guild VIA the profile page of my char. So I have no idea what to do with it. I have reinstalled the app...Do I need to enable the remote chat in my battlenet account? At this point I'm just guessing but I may just give it up here soon.

    Rallaster

  13. #13
    Blademaster adidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    32
    If there is an option in Battle.net to allow remote chat try that! I honestly don't remember changing any settings in the Account before or after i installed teh armory app. I know i didn't change any settings on the app itself, and it let me sign right into guild chat. Im almost wondering now, since im an officer in my guild, if that has anything to do with it..... But i would think blizz would want Everyone to be able to utilize that app feature. Keep trying tho, cause honestly it is very nice being able to pop in anytime, say hello, check your calender and see about raid times, or dates. It does still make me auth before i can do anything with the AH feature on the app.... but just odd to hear it has the guild chat feature greyed out for you.

    Double check the option of remote chat in Battle.net account ( I truly don't remember changing anything about remote chat tho)
    if still nothing, check and see about officer status with the guild

  14. #14
    I was able to finally log in. I think the issue was when I upgraded to the newest xpac this AM it thought I was still on the free 10 day account. But all is well! Thanks for the help guys.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallaster View Post
    I was able to finally log in. I think the issue was when I upgraded to the newest xpac this AM it thought I was still on the free 10 day account. But all is well! Thanks for the help guys.
    Ah yes, you cannot join a guild if you are on the trial account.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •