Poll: Would you like more 'pet battle'-like mini-games in WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

More mini-games in WoW?

Pet battles seem to be extremely popular with the community, and they don't really require as much attention as other aspects of the game, so I'm wondering, would anyone else really like to see more 'mini-games' in WoW similar to pet battles?

PvP is horribly unbalanced and the PvP community is fed up, dailies and dungeons are burning people out, and besides those two options, there really isn't that much more to do in the game. Adding more mini-games would add more stuff that anyone of any level can have stupid fun with. Stuff like:

-Mario Kart-style mini-game with our mounts
    -Tower defense game
    -'Warcraft' style game (RTS)
    -Naval and Airship battles, make the ships 'guild ships' so guilds can fight each other!
    -Warcraft chess
    -
    -something else... idk.

Would you want more pet battle-like minigames in WoW?
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-12-07 at 06:13 AM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Perhaps something as simple as chess or sink ship could be great fun.

Yes^yes.

Mini-games are what are going to keep WoW alive. A Mario Kart style game would be absolutely perfect.

Personally, I'd like to see some use made of the massive lake in Thousand Needles. It's the prime spot for some kind of race or competition.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Perhaps something as simple as chess or sink ship could be great fun.
    There is already the chess event in Karazhan.

-Tower defense game
    Alterac Valley?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind more minigames honestly. The more there are the more things players can do and the more the competition has to do to bring the same amount of content to a new MMO.

I've seen a lot of people, including myself, love that rolling quest from the golden lotus daylies. My whole guild chat goes 'wheee' when the quest is up. Maybe Blizzard could implement plain simple minigames just like that quest.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Yes^yes.

Mini-games are what are going to keep WoW alive. A Mario Kart style game would be absolutely perfect.

Personally, I'd like to see some use made of the massive lake in Thousand Needles. It's the prime spot for some kind of race or competition.

I'd love to see boat/airship battles in WoW. Make guild airships/warships so guilds can go at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    There is already the chess event in Karazhan.

Alterac Valley?
    Not really tower defense.
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-12-07 at 06:17 AM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Alterac Valley?
    You should know what a Tower Defense game is because, like World of Warcraft, it involves a lot of standing around and waiting.

/rimshot

10+ Year Old Account
    man I would love some more minigames still hoping for that DOTA style battleground(hopefully truly dota style, not just in layout) also I saw at a blizzcon a few years back that they wanna release a tool(or some way) for players to create their own content but that won't happen very soon though... some racing minigame would be nice maybe a boat race in thousand needles... I always found that area useless and I avoided it like the plague... this way I might actually go there and do something in it heck if I was a game designer for them I'd make a minigame specific to each zone xD and some cross-zone ones too

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a WoW version of The Amazing Labyrinth

Deleted
    I love mini games, I spend a lot of time in Pet Battles (more than I ever thought I would), and if you want Tower Defense, we got PvZ, they made it a daily in MoP.

Sure, this expansion has proven that offering more content than raiding and PvPing was something the game lacked. Pet Battles and the Brawlers Guild are fun content that not everyone wants nor has to do, but many enjoy daily.

Alterac Valley?
    you have any idea what tower defense is?

I was happy with early announcement for Plants vs Zombies quest being repetable up to 99 waves... Why didn't it make it to live? :<

Deleted
    Yep more than happy for more stuff to do!

Deleted
    Obviously mini games are succesfull, a lot of people enjoyed plants vs zombies and pokemon so yeah, more please

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Would you want more pet battle-like minigames in WoW?
    Definitely needed. Variety is key. And there are already systems in game which can be exploited.

Darkmoon cards: There are a lot of them, so why not make use of them and the old decks and cards as well. This can further tie into the speculation wrt the Faire itself and its ties to...whatever. The obvious mechanic would be with Yugioh; however, this would be a variant (albeit major) of the current Pet Battle system. Use the cards to summon multiple monsters, beasts and minions, and make use of support cards to augment, support them, affect your opponents, change the battlefield, etc.

Mounted combat: Tried but less than a resounding success, mounted combat, tournies, horse racing, etc still remain a credible alternative style of minigame. It wasn't popular in the past, I believe, largely because of the UI and the lack of response. I don't know about you, but I hated the press a button, wait a second or two, and then see the move. Implemented in a better fashion, I think it would be successful....especially if we go to the fireplains of Xoroth.

Existing mingames: The game has lots of minigames built into it already - such as tailgunner, various bombing missions and so on. These are often let down by a poor UI making them clumsy but the room for improvement is there and they could make credible minigames.

Customisation: Players like to customise. So long as it is visible. The barber shop was not popular, transmog is. Adding further customisation options to the players and their mounts, how they look and feel, would keep many players busy and offer the opportunity to reseed old instances with new vanity gear.

Mount "companions". Why not give players the ability to customise and equip their mounts? Barding, skills, feats and traits?

Farmville: It's nice being on the farm in Halfhill, but lots of room for improvement.

Housing: Customise your own home/castle/fortress/ship. The amount of potential this one idea has is astounding IMO.

And so on.

Lots of potential and lots of need. Just don't make them mandatory, but something to do in your own time.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Though this sounds fun it would probably move resources from alot of other stuff I wish them to work on/fix. So even though the idea sounds fun and refreshing I went for No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    -Mario Kart-style mini-game with our mounts There's the races with Cloud Serpent (sort of)
    [Tower defense game Plants vs Zombies near Dalaran Crater? (Close enough to Tower defense)
    -Warcraft chess Kara

There are mini games, if you go looking

But yes, more would be good

I would love to see more minigames added to wow