Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, he isn't. His entire daily area focusses on people fighting, just for different reasons that Xuen.

Some sort of DPS spec would fit just fine with Crane stance, be it melee or ranged, though it should be a bit more... contemplative.

why not give all classes a 4th spec ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, he isn't. His entire daily area focusses on people fighting, just for different reasons that Xuen.

Some sort of DPS spec would fit just fine with Crane stance, be it melee or ranged, though it should be a bit more... contemplative.
    I don't think his dailies can be brought in for reference. You fight people at Niuzao temple too. But his relic, that you get from the darkmoon cards is the healing trinket.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 01:44 PM ----------

@Kathranis

That's a really nice presentation. The one that I really like is the DK Fire spec, makes a lot of sense with Bolvar in mind, really good. The mage time-healing thing seems a bit weird though. The scout has the problem that it would basically be like the Gunslinger from SWTOR, so you need pretty much a whole set of new skills, and the old skills are largely useless. And why rename Beastmaster into Ranger, when the current Beastmaster is exactly that. Ranger doesn't fit at all and it would still fell more BM than the old WC3 class. Please don't mix Ranged and Melee, it barely works with the Shaman. Acolyte could work but crusader just doesn't feel right. The theme of the Paladin is to smash enemies with your hammer. I don't want to see Paladins sitting back and just casting holy spells to attack enemies.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimakos84 View Post
    why not give all classes a 4th spec ?
    Because it's a lot of work and disrupts balance? Druid was always able to go bear and cat.

the enTire point of a 4th spec for druids was to nerf cat form ...

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    the enTire point of a 4th spec for druids was to nerf cat form ...
    No, to nerf bear form!

Actually, a second spell DPS spec wouldn't change the gear situation at all unless it also increases the total number of priests with DPS specs while mages and locks stay level or increase.
    Same for all other classes. If you add another spec that shares gear with another spec of the same class and role, nothing changes.
    absolutely true, i'm being highly conservative to put my own position in its worst case scenario(What better way to prove my point)
    if right now 33% for each spec exists(i know it doesn't) and a fourth is added then every spec gets 25% and 50% are dps.

now that's an extremely high estimation for how many priests would be dps'ing. in all actual probability more than 50% would be healer still even with 2 dps and 2 healer roles.
    i cannot remember a time in wow when we had more shadow than holy priests, maybe more than disc, but disc was underpowered for a long time.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Paladin: Holy caster
    Mage: Melee battlemage
    Lock: Melee lock like demon form
    Rogue: Poison caster/ poison mage
    Monk: Chi mage
    Dk: Unholy healer
    Shaman: Earth caster/earth tank

And a lot of other possibilities

10+ Year Old Account
    DK-Heals
    Shaman-Tank
    Paladin-CasterDPS
    Warrior-Range
    Warlock-Heals(Dark Infusions)
    Monk-CasterDPS
    Hunter-MeleeDPS/PetLessClass
    Mages-Another Element
    Priest-No Idea...
    Rogue-RangeDPS
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't think his dailies can be brought in for reference. You fight people at Niuzao temple too. But his relic, that you get from the darkmoon cards is the healing trinket.
    It's not about what you have to do for the dailies. It's about what the backstory of them is. Niuzao you fight because the temple is getting attacked. Chi-Ji you fight for an entirely different reason.

I remember in the original game manual they said shamans would be viable tanks.

Deleted
    It's not about what you have to do for the dailies. It's about what the backstory of them is. Niuzao you fight because the temple is getting attacked. Chi-Ji you fight for an entirely different reason.
    Which has nothing to do with ranged dps or spellcasters.

Deleted
    Rogue need a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

That's a really nice presentation. The one that I really like is the DK Fire spec, makes a lot of sense with Bolvar in mind, really good.
    but Bolvar doesn't have any fire powers, or at least none are ever referenced or implied. he's just burning forever because a dragon aspect burned him and he's caught between life and death.

being on fire forever isn't a fire power. well i don't think it is.
    even if it is the only power he could teach Death Knights is
    Burning-You are on fire, forever. It doesn't seem to hurt.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    but Bolvar doesn't have any fire powers, or at least none are ever referenced or implied. he's just burning forever because a dragon aspect burned him and he's caught between life and death.

being on fire forever isn't a fire power. well i don't think it is.
    even if it is the only power he could teach Death Knights is
    Burning-You are on fire, forever. It doesn't seem to hurt.
    I guess it was done to give the new Lich King a cool touch (or a hot touch). Nowhere is it stated that Bolvar is now a master over fire, but I always imagined it like that and I think that's a nice idea. I always imagined when we meet Bolvar again he would've melted down the more icy parts of Northrend.

Deleted
    Melee hunter spec. Would main my hunter so much if I just got to be a beastmaster like in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, just because WTB Blood Mages. Already have it figured out.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Melee Hunters. Would love to call it ranger, but can not given WoW's lore on rangers. My idea is for it to be a dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Melee hunter spec. Would main my hunter so much if I just got to be a beastmaster like in WC3.
    Same As I was thinking.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Priest-No Idea...
    Inquisitor. Holy dps and maybe some fire magic too.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-12-08 at 07:14 PM.

Discipline priests are pretty much two totally different playstyles in one.

They could keep discipline as the way it used to be (casted small heals, shields) and make a new priest spec (Inquisitor?) that focuses on holy damage in order to heal. Basically make atonement a complete spec by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I think a shaman tank spec would be doable. Can already use shields and has taunt spells.
    No just no,

Its bad enough having a monk tanking,

Its borderline having a dk as a tank,

But a shammy who wears mail, no, just no,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No just no,

Its bad enough having a monk tanking,

Its borderline having a dk as a tank,

But a shammy who wears mail, no, just no,
    Give an explanation, please. "No, just no" is just knee-jerking.