Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Shaman Tank and Mage healer

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why? So warrior should have a healing spec, too?
    No thats dumb, also if i had wanted that i would have mentioned that.

I'm sorry I didnt specify, but classes that cover 3 roles, should just have the 4th role. roles being dps, ranged dps, heals and tank. Like a druid, feral- dps, balance - ranged, resto - heals, guardian - tank. Do warriors have a 3rd role, nope. so that would not put them in the running for a 4th spec. same with hunters, rogues, mages, locks, priests, and dks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morninghorse View Post
    For the rogue's stealth, okay, it's unique for rogues if you want. But still, druides have more "stuffs that make them special".
    Don't get me wrong, I play Druid and enjoy my perks. When I play it, the shapeshift make it feel different, I don't even compare to my lowbie priest shadowform because it simply doesnt feel like a shapeshift. Haven't tried warlock's though but i'm sure it would be the same.
    But everytime I use prowl I doesn't feel the ddifference with my rogue's stealth. And i bet i'm not the only one.
    When I play my second favorite class, the paladin, i don't feel the charger make him special since my lowbie warlock has a mount too. And the holy power reminds me the arcane charge even thoughts the system is a bit different.

Then again, even if we loose our perks "the 4th spec" (that doesn't change anything for me, since I play Resto/balance) I'll still have a lot of things other class don't have (all the thing I wrote in the first comment so it excludes eclipse ressource).
    Got it now?

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 02:51 AM ----------

yup It's late so I'm losing my minds, but I correctd that.
    Rogue's stealth is different in that with vanish you can stealth in fight and with cloak of shadows you can remove all dots before you do that, so that stealth doesn't break. My druid is a main and I've always envied rogues for their real stealth. It's definitely a lot better than the druid's stealth. It probably doesn't feel much different, but that wasn't my point.

As for the warlock shapeshift, with MoP it even changes your abilities and for demonology spec it's important. The point I was trying to make with that was that shapeshifting is not exclusive to druids, even when shapeshifting is a core concept to the class.

Nevermind, all classes have very unique stuff either way.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    No thats dumb, also if i had wanted that i would have mentioned that.

I'm sorry I didnt specify, but classes that cover 3 roles, should just have the 4th role. roles being dps, ranged dps, heals and tank. Like a druid, feral- dps, balance - ranged, resto - heals, guardian - tank. Do warriors have a 3rd role, nope. so that would not put them in the running for a 4th spec. same with hunters, rogues, mages, locks, priests, and dks.
    But why should they? Then why shouldn't classes that cover 2 roles be able to perform 3 roles? Just because a monk can heal, tank and melee dps doesn't mean range dps makes sense for him. In the end it's a monk, and a monk is melee. Same goes for paladin. They're the guy with the hammer, not the guy that attacks with spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of these mentioned ideas just don't make any sense lore-wise.

A mage healer? That will never happen. Mages are ranged nukers by definition. A healing mage would have to be a new class.

A death knight healer? Death knights are selfish knights of undeath. They only heal themselves. If a death knight wanted a healing spec, he or she would have to heal them self in the process, which is what blood spec already does.

And as much as I'd like to see ranged monk, I think monks absolutely have to use melee to make sense in lore.

The only ideas which make sense to me are shaman and warlock tanks, but even then, I don't want those additions (And that's assuming the specs are explained, such as a warlock who puts all the damage on its demon or something). I think druids being special and super-versatile is part of the druid identity.
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-12-08 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for every class

I'd say none mainly because I can't think of any other class that has one spec covering two roles like Druid did before Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    A mage healer? That will never happen. Mages are ranged nukers by definition. A healing mage would have to be a new class.
    Sorry, but that's just false. By definition, Mages are people who do magic. This may or may not include healing magic depending on the setting. There are many fantasy settings where healing magic indeed is a part of a mages normal repertoire.
    You have a bit of a point on DKs, since it goes against the kit of the class, but for mages all you need to do is come up with a proper explanation for how the Arcane can be used to heal. Time magic would be one option.

10+ Year Old Account
    But *why* would a mage a heal? They're supposed to be glass cannons. Damage dealers.

In my head, any philosophy for a mage to heal is another class. An arcane mage healer I could potentially see as some sort of battle-medic, but to me, wizards, mages, etc. are always damage dealers or defenders. I think it's an interesting idea; I just don't like it.

(Asking in a non-aggressive way) What would be the "fuel" of a mage healer? Priests and paladins use holy light, shaman use water, druids use nature, monks use mist. Would mages use arcane? If yes, I did not know arcane energies could heal?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say paladin, seeing as intellectplate is only usable by one single spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

ranged warriors (with guns xbows and bows) would be kinda interesting

but mostly an enh tank/twohander spec
    lock tank
    &
    shockadin
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can come up with a new 4th spec for every class actually: (Viability not guaranteed )

Death Knight: Fleshbinder - Unholy based healing that has many life sac spells to heal others
    Monk: Weaponmaster - Similar to Windwalker but focuses on weapons instead of unarmed
    Mage: Timeweaver - Healing spec based on reversing time to mend allies
    Hunter: Beastlord - Tank spec that focuses on pets
    Paladin: Justicar - Ranged magic dps spec with a lot of hammer based spells
    Shaman: Warden - Earth based tanking spec
    Priest: Purifier - Fire based healing or maybe dps spec (uses the harsher side of the light to cauterize allies, based on rift lol)
    Warlock: Demonlord - Pet based tanking spec
    Rogue: Bladedancer or Bard: Both like in rift. Bladedancer a dodge/parry based tank and Bard a music wielding healer
    Warrior: Commander - A healing spec that uses shouts to boost the morale of allies and heal them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman Tank
    Paladin caster
    Mage Healer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time-based healing for mages sounds okay.

Im surprised rogue in the poll is that low since they even gave us the ability to off-tank for a period of time with the druid's symbiosis

I think it would be a cool concept for an expansion. Instead of a new Race or Class every class gets a new specialization. I don't feel any deserve one or that any are in a weird place of doing both in one spec like Feral druids were though. If any get another all should. I also don't agree with a lot of people suggestions all the pure dps classes get other roles. People chose the class knowing what they were getting into and it's not like it's hard to level alts anymore if you did want the flexibility of classes with multiple roles. I wouldn't mind giving them a few more options with how they do their DPS (ranged vs melee) but I don't think any of the pure DPS classes should get new roles. With that said here are my ideas/ideas I've seen that I'd agree with.

Death Knight: A spellpower DPS DK would be pretty cool and could be pretty unique. I don't like the idea of healing Death Knights. It seem like an oxymoron for a DEATH Knight to be healing his allies and stuff. A fire based spec could be pretty cool with Bolvar being the new LK and obviously having a fire theme. Dunno what they would do with runes if this happened, maybe have frost runes become fire runes for the new spec since a fire DK using frost runes and vice versa would be kinda silly. Doesn't even have to be a ranged DPS really. Could be a DOT class similar to affliction locks where keep burns and such on the target and melee attacks work similar malefic grasp and cause them to tick extra or something. Could also make it so frost only dual-wield and the new spec would be no pet Two-Hand or vice-versa (though since frost was originally the dual wield spec makes more sense to keep them the dual-weilders to me.

Edit: I didn't think about the fact that it was Alex's flames that made Bolvar like he is. With that considered, fire based DK Healer actually would make sense and could be pretty cool. I think I'd personally still prefer a Spellpower DPS more but wouldn't mind a healer either.

Druid: Obviously as they already have 4 specs they wouldn't get another. Maybe even further separate Guardian and Feral? Seems like they still have quite a few similar moves but don't play them enough to know if that would be beneficial.

Hunter: Kind of torn on this one. I see a few possible options. Either a no pet Ranger like spec. But I dunno if that would be unique enough and really if you are choosing a hunter you probably want to be a pet class. For people who want to use bows/guns/crossbows without a pet I think there are better and more unique places to do so other than hunters. Next and probably the one I'd lean towards would simply be a melee hunter. If you want to be a pet class and melee your only option is really Unholy DK and I can easily see people wanting the be a pet class but not wanting the pet to be an undead ghoul (or geist). I never played the actual RTS wow games much but to my knowledge doesn't Rexxar dual wield axes and attack in melee range mostly? I could be wrong there but if that is the case a major lore character being a melee hunter would be good reason to go this route.

Mage: Battle Mage seems to make the most sense. There are already several NPCs in wow who are battle Mages. A Melee Mage who uses fire,frost and arcane to empower their physical attacks. Could also have access to some of their ranged damage still making them a bit more adaptable to movement based fights but maybe not quite as strong as the other Melee classes on a "patchwerk" like fight.

Monk: Ranged Caster who uses way of the Crane. There are four Celestials in MoP and three of them are the stances for each of the Monk roles Tiger, Ox and Serpent. The only one missing is the Crane. In MoP Cranes are often associated with song and music, the fourth Monk class could be WoW's answer for a bard. A ranged DPS who uses music to damage foes and help allies. They could even be similar to Beast master hunters and bring several important buffs. They could have Hymnals that could bring missing buffs. Like hunters they could carry only so many and they wouldn't be as diverse as Hunter pets but could be a good way to make up for some of the more important raid buffs/debuffs. Something like Hymn of Battle could be Bloodlust/Heroism for example.

Paladin: Shockadin (obviously with a more official name) seems to be the popular and obvious choice. It'd be a second (or third if you count the DK idea) spec to use Int plate and a lot of people seem to be fond of the idea.

Priest: A lot of people have been saying a disc like damage would be neat and I agree. However I also think if you looks at Tyrande for influence a priest who uses bows and ranged weapons could be pretty cool too. You'd use the light to empower your shots and such and also have access to more traditional priest moves as well. Seems a little out there but could still be pretty cool.

Rouge: Ranged damage/Ranger. I think Rogues would work well for Rangers and be a good class for those who wanted to use ranged weapons but not pets. I always imagine Rangers being stealthy and wearing leather. Would still play similar to current rogues with Energy and combo points, their out of stealth moves obviously wouldn't be as powerful as the melee ones seeing as how they could do it from a distance.

Shaman: Tank, as almost everyone is suggesting. It makes sense, they already have shield and several tanky moves and the whole concept of using the earth element like armor fits tanking well.

Warlock: Demon Hunter. Despite the fact that they also have several tanky features and it seems like a popular opinion I don't like the idea of them becoming Tanks. As I stated originally I don't think adding a fourth spec means all the pure classes need to get a new role. A lot of people already point to warlocks as the reason a full fledged Demon Hunter class wouldn't work so making Demon Hunter a spec for Warlocks would work well IMO. They'd be between Afflictions warlocks and Death Knights in their style. Keeping up dots like an affliction lock and having their melee attacks benefit from said dots similar to DKs. They wouldn't have as many dots to keep track of as affliction but have more dot management than a DK. Not quite sure what they'd do with the pets as Demon Hunters don't really seem to use Demons as pets like warlocks do. They could either just let them use pets (and for those who don't want pets there is glyph of sacrifice) or perhaps find a way for demon hunters to not use them. Perhaps instead of summoning a pet they could replace pets with "forms" so you'd have "form of the Voidwalker" or "Form of the Felhunter" and you'd get some special perks from whichever form you took on. Voidwalker could be Tanky and good for soloing (but not a full fledged tank) and Felhunter would be the normal PVE raiding presence where succubus would be the go to PVP one. Imp could be used for movement heavy fights where you'll be out of melee range and such. If they did something like that they'd have to adjust the tier 5 talents for Demon Hunters obviously but I think it could work.

Warrior: Kind of a boring one but I say separate Titans Grip and Single Minded Fury. Single Minded Fury can stay the Fury spec since it was originally that way before Wrath. And Titans grip could be the new fourth Spec and focus more on the fact that your using two giant weapons.

Thought about the concept of a 4th spec before and had some ideas in head so figured I'd share. Don't take it to seriously as some people tend to do.
    Last edited by Igneous42; 2012-12-08 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand why people only want their druids to be "lol im so special i have 4 spec lol"

adding more tanks into WoW like warlock and shamans could only make WoW better... more variety in specs mean for a less bored playerbase (for a small time anyway) and result in more tanks circulating through dungeons/lfr/raids

as someone who loves tanking, i would love for a 4th tank spec to be added to lock or shammys
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest - no Healing pvp spec
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crackling Jade Lightning is useless, Chi-Ji is left out....

Monk needs a ranged dps spec.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    DK - Runemaster, healing spec utilizing int plate and using buff runes on the ground and other fitting abilities to heal.
    Yes, because healing sphere is so popular right?