Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Do any other class deserve a 4th spec?

We know there's a possibility now. Dividing the old feral spec seemed long overdue, now the question is if any other class deserve a 4th spec in a future expansion? i.e. rogue or warlock tank spec, ranged dps monk, holy dps priest, etc.

I think a shaman tank spec would be doable. Can already use shields and has taunt spells.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I think a shaman tank spec would be doable. Can already use shields and has taunt spells.
    That's something people have wanted for a while yes, But it's nothing like what happened to druids
    Feral used to be 2specs in one, you went one way for tank, the other for DPS, so it was always 2specs, they just finaly made it official, There isn't any other class in game currently that have 1specc that works as 2, so i think if they ever did it for another class, they would have to do it for all classes as they all "need" one of their specs split just as much as each other, -Not at all

Shaman/Paladin if any cases.

Deleted
    No, no. Bringing some new ones would be pretty much impossible. I can't see any class having some hidden "talents" left for anything else. Hunters, for example, already have: 1) Marksmanship , the pet isn't so important, and it only focuses on the damage dealt by the 'arrows' ; 2) BM it focuses less on the damage dealt by the hunter, more on the damage the damage the pet is dealing and the synergy between the man and the beast; 3) surv , which focuses less on the damage dealt by the pet, a little bit less on the damage dealt by the hunter, and more on the survivability.

The 4th spec for the druid was made because it was way too hard to kill, and his damage output was 'breaking' the balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's something people have wanted for a while yes, But it's nothing like what happened to druids
    Feral used to be 2specs in one, you went one way for tank, the other for DPS, so it was always 2specs, they just finaly made it official, There isn't any other class in game currently that have 1specc that works as 2, so i think if they ever did it for another class, they would have to do it for all classes as they all "need" one of their specs split just as much as each other, -Not at all
    This guy said it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would love a deathknight heal spec >.< ...but that's just because i hate switching between my dk for dps/ tank and mistweaver or shaman for healing >.<

I think at some point, they should introduce a real 4th spec to all classes. For Death Knight, I'd like to see a Fire/Flame specialization. It makes sense lore-wise. Why? Because Bolvar is the new lich king and DKs always revolve/are designed around the Lich King. The new one is a burning man and is going to be using fire powers, it's pretty clear looking at his body and how the helm changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    They did that with shamans early on but more of a support tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I think at some point, they should introduce a real 4th spec to all classes. For Death Knight, I'd like to see a Fire/Flame specialization. It makes sense lore-wise. Why? Because Bolvar is the new lich king and DKs always revolve/are designed around the Lich King. The new one is a burning man and is going to be using fire powers, it's pretty clear looking at his body and how the helm changes.
    No way. The death knights are designed after the Lich King that ruled at that time, they have separated from the scourge, there's a low chance they would ever leave their factions and return to Bolvar to learn how to spit fire. Be honest now, what would a fire DK do? Cast fireballs that cost runic power?

Deserve? No. Though i think it would be an interesting path to take going forward, instead of new classes, which we already have enough of in my opinion.

Problem is that you'd probably get complaints from every class that didn't get one if you do it, so you'd either have to live with that or make a new spec for every class(except druids).

That aside, Earthwarden(or similar) tank spec seems like an obvious choice for shamans. They're not doing much with earth currently, it fits a tanking theme well and they already have some tank abilities anyway(most of which, again, fall under earth).

Shaman tanks and warlock tanks seem to make the most sense as they both have large sections of the toolsets required and some history in the role.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Adding a 4th spec to all classes would be a good way to increase longevity towards the game, and the classic classes as well. Especially if they did some neat stuff with them. It would be more of a nightmare to balance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like many have said I don't think any class "deserves" a fourth spec but I could definitely see shamans becoming tanks with all of their taunting abilities and the fact that they can use one hander's and shields. I would totally play a shaman tank. I think that they would have to rename/rework the specs though, like tune them toward the four elements. Water = healer, Earth = tank, Fire = RDPS and Air = MDPS. The fire and air could be switched around I haven't put too much thought into it. and maybe have Earth and Air spec have new resources that generate or something. I think this would add a new flare to shamans and make people play them more, especially since the majority of shaman players say they never get anything new or flashy.

But to the guy who said DK needs a fourth.......just....no. sorry
    Last edited by Cafua; 2012-12-07 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Death Knight blood healing, or adding blood dps back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a real caster DPS spec for Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    Adding a 4th spec to all classes would be a good way to increase longevity towards the game, and the classic classes as well. Especially if they did some neat stuff with them. It would be more of a nightmare to balance though.
    less of a nightmare than another full class however.

4th spec to all classes or another neutral race seem to be the two most sensible options for the next expansion...provided that we get something new, but we almost always have in the past.
    i suppose they could give all classes to all races as well, but that's a little lackluster and i think Blizzard is aware of that.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Shaman and Warlock Tanks would be good. DK healing would be weird but maybe interesting.

I would like to see a rogue healer, actually. Combat Medic or something like that, with more medical stuff instead of magic. That, or a physical ranged DPS spec without a pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post
    Like many have said I don't think any class "deserves" a fourth spec but I could definitely see shamans becoming tanks with all of their taunting abilities and the fact that they can use one hander's and shields. I would totally play a shaman tank. I think that they would have to rename/rework the specs though, like tune them toward the four elements. Water = healer, Earth = tank, Fire = RDPS and Air = MDPS. The fire and air could be switched around I haven't put too much thought into it. and maybe have Earth and Air spec have new resources that generate or something.
    Names aside, they already are like that, with a little overlap in every area.

Stop with these worthless discussions. Druids' are unique because they are and always have been a hybrid class. There are no reasons to make a 4th type of spec for everyone for various reasons:
    -Most of these 4th specs would feel cheesy/boring (I saw some suggestion about a spec for Rogues being a ranged, poison healing class... like, wtf?)
    -You'd all start complaining that you can only pick 2 out of 4 (a common Druid problem, so having 4 specs to choose from isn't always a good thing)
    -Every class becomes a hybrid and thus there is no reason to have any more than 3 individual classes at all
    -etc.

EDIT: The only class I could see as a viable reagent for a 4th spec would be Shamans (since they have the next-in-line hybrid-feel). But, what the heck would that spec be? Probably some caster/melee-tank WHICH WE ALREADY HAVE 2 OF.
    Last edited by proteen; 2012-12-07 at 05:08 PM.