Deleted

Conquest (ideas)

So with conquest coming back in 2.1 (i should think so anyway) i have seen some different conquest ideas knocking around, and i thought i would tell you one of mine.

Conquest: Ember isle: base attack

First off, the three factions have a base on other ends of the island (like in the original conquest). There are 3 extractors placed on the island, which grant points to your faction the longer you hold them. The volcano also has a flag to capture, this gives 5 points per tick the other extractors give 2 points (like the codex) Also, gives some Lols as you knock people off the edge in to the lava hehe.
    Each kill scored by one of the factions, is worth 0.5 points. To win you need to get up too 700 points (could be increased decreased?)

Very simple i know, but its just a simple idea with as less pve in it as i can think of without just making it a death-match.
    anyone else got any ideas for conquest, or if anyone else would like to improve on my idea go ahead :P

Didn't come up with anything lore-wise, but i probably will as i become more invested in it.

Did some more thinking, when your faction hits a certain number in points (Say 200-300) you get generals spawn and mini armies to help your team out that come with you to bases and help attack, Thought that might add a bit of flavor :P

Ok how about this for nifty? you'r faction arrives on ember isle in a fleet of boats, then sets up a camp, Whilst you try and set up camp a fleet of invaders try to stop you, so you kill them, and get conquest points for doing so. then you carry on through ports to the volcano base. the flag to capture the volcano is at the top and you have to battle the apposing factions up hill to get to it. the three other extractors are spread across the island, like a triangle on the map. there are also apposing faction footholds (small bases) that you can destroy across the island (maybe 9, 3 for each faction?) these give you 10 points when you destroy them and gain 1 point per 3 minutes as long as you have them?

The incentive for keeping these small footholds, is because that's where your small armies will come from when your faction hits a certian benchmark in points like i said in the first post :P no footholds = no armies.
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-12-08 at 05:19 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously like this idea... like, I really like it. I really want more Ember Isle, because I love the zone with a passion. To have a conquest map there would be *awesome.*

You hear that Trion employees who read these forums? <3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I seriously like this idea... like, I really like it. I really want more Ember Isle, because I love the zone with a passion. To have a conquest map there would be *awesome.*

You hear that Trion employees who read these forums? <3
    I agree and would love it too, but I think smaller zones would make for more combat and more interesting mechanics; I think City Core or the gorge are probably ideal for PvP purposes, but I imagine it would wreck havoc with latency ad FPS.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Thanks nice to hear you like it! @antipathy, i was thinking maybe to keep the ports in for faster travel across the island

I'm adding more to the original post too
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-12-08 at 05:21 AM.