View Poll Results: What is your per roll drop rate for LFR gear (not including sigils)?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • less than 5% per roll

0 0%
  • 6-10% per roll

0 0%
  • 11-15% per roll

1 33.33%
  • 16-20% per roll

2 66.67%
  • more than 20% per roll

0 0%

What is your LFR drop rate?

In our discussions of the LFR loot system we have mostly heard from the lucky and the unlucky. It suggests a bimodal curve rather than the expected normal curve of a truly random calculation. Help me figure out the expected drop rate from LFR by providing your stats.

Guidelines for reporting:

1. Provide total number of drops - whether or not it was an upgrade -- from LFR as best you can recall and glean from your character's activity feed.
    2. Don't include world bosses like Galleon and the Sha of Anger.
    3. Don't include Sigils.
    4. Report the total number of rolls on bosses. In other words, your "free roll" and any re-rolls.

Some help. We're in our 9th week of LFR with first LFR bosses opening on Tues. Oct. 9
    (resets occurring - 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20, 11/27, 12/7)
    Max coins will result in 27 re-rolls (minus those used on world bosses).
    There are currently 16 bosses, but you might have skipped some if you got into a partially completed run.

Results so far:

Ghostskull: 17-percent drop rate.
    HamSammichFace : 24
    Bremmon: 5
    Falconius: 6
    Zriana: 9
    Zyzzyx: 14
    Mehman: 10

current average 12-percent
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2012-12-09 at 05:00 AM. Reason: update stats

Are you counting sigils? Assuming you can have *both* sigils or an item, the drop rate should be hovering around 24%~ (which is what it should be).

Considering I have gone 8 weeks with out a single drop in LFR on my lock.. .I would have to say 0%, then this week I got 4 items.... WTF bliz (Two of the four items were gloves that I didnt need. I already had gloves off of the sha..)
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

115 loot rolls... the following loot

1 Head peice
    2 Shoulder Peices
    1 Belt
    1 Boots
    1 ring

5-6%

forgot sigils... not sure cause i also get them from normal raids.. but i would say 6-10 sigils from LFR.. so i guess this increases some but not to +20%
    Last edited by Falconius; 2012-12-07 at 06:18 PM.

7 drops, 49 rolls, 14% drop rate. Two of the drops were duplicates of something I already had. I already had 384 bracers, so two of the items were useless to begin with. I am currently using 4 LFR drops out of the 49 bosses killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    Considering I have gone 8 weeks with out a single drop in LFR on my lock.. .I would have to say 0%, then this week I got 4 items.... WTF bliz (Two of the four items were gloves that I didnt need. I already had gloves off of the sha..)
    In all the weeks i did lfr:
    -from bosses : about 2 items per week, i got 2 items first run of msv, and 2 items from 2 and 3 instances each time they added one
    - from coins: 2 items from 9 coin rolls

Killed LFR bosses 43 times, used about 5 bonus rolls I think. Gotten 4 or 5 items. That's like a 9% chance. Even worse is that 2 of those items were the mail shoulders from Elegon, but had already gotten the normal version of them before...

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Are you counting sigils?
    Thank you, I forgot about sigils. Not counting sigils, they drop in addition to your loot roll. [Edited above.]

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Thank you, I forgot about sigils. Not counting sigils, they drop in addition to your loot roll. [Edited above.]
    Sigils should be counted by the way.

Mine is probobly better than I think because I think i got the neck off of garalon every week (but its never been an upgrade). Alls I know i've used extra rolls on elegon,amber shaper, and sha every week since they came out to try and get a 2h weapon or 2 1h's
    so far alls i got was one 1h from elegon and nothing else but gold from these guys
    and I have yet to get a tier piece from LFR are the tier pieces rarer to drop?

Also...never got a reward from an extra roll from a coin in LFR yet.
    They have worked on the world sha for me...but not yet in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Sigils should be counted by the way.
    Why should we include sigils? They drop in addition to loot, so do not displace it. Is there something I'm missing?
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2012-12-07 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With sigils: about 20%
    Without: about 10%
    Counting alts: about 5%

Deleted
    I would've loved to participate in this in order to find some kind of droprate chance however I think its too late to figure this all out now. I'm also very interested in the droprate on Sha/Galleon.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    I have yet to get a tier piece from LFR are the tier pieces rarer to drop?
    Also...never got a reward from an extra roll from a coin in LFR yet.
    They have worked on the world sha for me...but not yet in LFR.
    In my experience, the tier pieces drop at about the same rate as the other gear, re-rolls produced gear in about the same ratio as the first roll, and world bosses drop at the same rate as world bosses. What has been other people's experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    This sounds 100% correct with my experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    In my experience, the tier pieces drop at about the same rate as the other gear, re-rolls produced gear in about the same ratio as the first roll, and world bosses drop at the same rate as world bosses. What has been other people's experiences?
    My Sha experience on main:
    Abused the charms the first week. Received 2x a PvP item.
    Week later received healing PvE legs, and a week after that the PvE gloves, both from charms while having been shadow on the boss.

On alts:

Killed him on level 86 mage once, got tier gloves PvE.
    Killed him on level 85-86 druid twice, got tier legs resto PvE.
    Killed him on level 85-86 paladin twice, nothing.
    Killed him on level 85-86 monk (not sure how often; think twice), nothing.
    Killed him on level 90 warlock once (first time, x-realm), tier legs PvE.

It seems I am incredibly lucky getting a tier PvE item the first or second time I kill Sha.

None of those low level characters ever received a PvP item btw.

I don't remember everything I've won, but I'm "that bastard" in our guild. I won the sha sceptor. Then won it again and had to vendor it. Then won two int daggers off of Protectors. (vendored one) Then won the sha Staff. Brought on my alt. Got the sceptor, the staff, spirits of the sun and (when I switched to Windwalker) the sha claws.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they dont implement a system where it doesnt give you it if it isnt an upgrade. Would make lfr obsolete faster and much more boring imo. "The only upgrade i need is boots, i will definately get them this run".

I've had moderate luck I guess, got both weps the first kills.

But on Sha, I've had ret tier leggings drop 5 times :P Wich have given me a pretty decent ammount of gold ^^ I love being an enchanter And when Blood Spirits went for close to 10k gold on the server I was playing at in the beginning of MoP.

I like how the drops rates are now, you shouldnt be getting something each week from a faceroll "raid" anyways, it's free loot - dont cry when you dont get it fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore