Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Afaik Wriggle's is rng, and thus, very unpredictable.

The Spirit items add a steady damage increase to all of your attacks to any jungle creep. I'd say it's far better than Wriggles, but it also comes at a higher cost. This is why it can be preferable to rol with Wriggles on Vi since you really want to get your BC/FM asap. However, you can also decide to just upgrade your machete to a Spirit Stone, and upgrade it later during late game. It'll also give you a true damage dot which I'd say is a safer source of steady damage over Wriggles.
    That sounds like good advice. It is costly yes, and doesn't completely cover all basic needs, but going for the stone does add that true damage burn eventually, which sounds like proper synergy with Vi.

Not to mention the dot is also applied to champions. It's an amazing item on jungle Darius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally the spirit stone is enough at first. Idk, I'm weird when it comes to the jungle items. I'll rush wriggles, but I'll sit on an un-upgraded spirit stone all day. Usually finish them after I get an item and tier 2 boots. On Vi, that would probably be after brutalizer but before FM. though I might skip brutilizer on Jungler Vi till after the stone and FM, just because of how important FM is.

Spirit stone is really strong, especially on Vi. Wriggles is strong too. Certain junglers just abuse the sustain and it's upgrades. I had a friend who did not want to start machete as jungle Voli. I forced him to do it one game and then he was like "That was a little better." I was ready to kill him the game before it though.

Actually just remembered that Stonewall kept his machete as it was as Vi (and others) since she already clears really fast.
    Rushing Boots of Mobility also seemed to help her gank.

Personally, I would upgrade it for sustain, then leave it at that until later.
    Wriggles ain't bad though. I just prefer the stone on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that people have compared Vi to Shyvana in terms of being the fast jungle clearer that doesn't have a fancy dash (not sure if Vi's Q counts) to get onto to people, how would you compare the two overall?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Considering that people have compared Vi to Shyvana in terms of being the fast jungle clearer that doesn't have a fancy dash (not sure if Vi's Q counts) to get onto to people, how would you compare the two overall?
    Both rely on lane CC to gank. Shyv can stick to people and bring them down with more sustained damage. Vi is more like Darius, she catches you and your probably dead, but it's easy to stay away. Shyv is much tankier and can transition into that role a bit, while Vi won't be tanking anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vi is more a solid damage dealer bruiser over tanky bruiser.

Her E is crazy powerful at level 1. I watch her deal almost half the adc's life at level 1 with just her E.
    A single focus down with an ignite or exhaust and she solo's low defense champions like adc or mid or supports such as; raka, sona, janna, etc.
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Actually just remembered that Stonewall kept his machete as it was as Vi (and others) since she already clears really fast.
    Rushing Boots of Mobility also seemed to help her gank.
    That's what I've been saying you know :P She is just as fast as Nunu, who uses Q, but she doesn't need Q to be just as fast. (although not having W for movement speed make her a tad slower on the path).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    Vi is more a solid damage dealer bruiser over tanky bruiser.

Her E is crazy powerful at level 1. I watch her deal almost half the adc's life at level 1 with just her E.
    A single focus down with an ignite or exhaust and she solo's low defense champions like adc or mid or supports such as; raka, sona, janna, etc.
    I'm pretty sure this isn't true, unless you mean E @ level 1, but current level somewhere at 10. At lvl 1, my E definitely can't scrape 50% off a target.

15+ Year Old Account
    This may belong in another thread, but I'm finding that Boots of Mobility is pretty much a must-have in my jungling endeavors.

Except for the few champions that have high movespeed to begin with (ie: Nunu w/ bloodboil), that ability to get to lanes in those few precious seconds faster makes up for any loss in stats...time and time again.

I should know this (I'm not much of a self-tester), but let's say you have Boots of Mobility and you go into lane for a gank as Nocturne without your ultimate. If you cast your Q, is that considered "entering combat," or does the move speed bonus go away only when you take damage?
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-12-27 at 01:52 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    This may belong in another thread, but I'm finding that Boots of Mobility is pretty much a must-have in my jungling endeavors.

Except for the few champions that have high movespeed to begin with (ie: Nunu w/ bloodboil), that ability to get to lanes in those few precious seconds faster makes up for any loss in stats...time and time again.

I should know this (I'm not much of a self-tester), but let's say you have Boots of Mobility and you go into lane for a gank as Nocturne without your ultimate. If you cast your Q, is that considered "entering combat," or does the move speed bonus go away only when you take damage?
    My experience on Nunu suggests that casting abilities does not put you in combat. I W a lot on him and he almost moves as fast as Yi does :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Self-targeted abilities may not, but offensive abilities that register damage might.

Can anyone verify that for me?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Self-targeted abilities may not, but offensive abilities that register damage might.

Can anyone verify that for me?
    Cannot currently confirm because my laptop is refusing to connect to the Internet, but I know Rammus keeps the bonus MS when using his Q. I think as long as you don't deal or take damage, your good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know self-targeted abilities won't put you in combat.

Was thinking more along the lines of Noct's Q, Naut's Ulti, etc...pretty sure you lose your extra MS from Boots of Mobility...I think it would be just plain OP for kiting and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noct's Q should be fine as long as you don't hit anything with it. Naut's R on the other hand has to be aimed at a champion, automatically putting you in combat.

I buy Boots of Mobility on all junglers these days.

Also, I think self-targeted or ally-targeted abilities don't put you in combat as long as neither have hit or been hit by an enemy unit or champion in the last 5 seconds.

I'm pretty sure you have to hit people with offensive abilities or be hit by an enemy with an ability, though sometimes I've noticed getting in combat completely randomly, without anyone being close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's what I've been saying you know :P
    Yeah sorry, was in bed when I typed that so I couldn't be arsed to look if anyone had been mentioning anything about it.

How would Boots of Swiftness + Alacrity and a semi-late Zephyr be on Vi?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would Boots of Swiftness + Alacrity and a semi-late Zephyr be on Vi?
    Probably pretty good. I don't even have Vi, but Zephyr is an amazing item on anyone who can use all the stats like Vi. It's only drawback is the rather horrible build path and a bit expensive. I'd probably grab it as a 3rd or 4th item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Probably pretty good. I don't even have Vi, but Zephyr is an amazing item on anyone who can use all the stats like Vi. It's only drawback is the rather horrible build path and a bit expensive. I'd probably grab it as a 3rd or 4th item.
    Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking.

Think I'll try and get a build with:
    Boots of Swiftness
    Black Cleaver
    Frozen Mallet
    Zephyr
    Guardian Angel
    Iceborn Gauntlet

Most likely in this order:
    T1 Boots > Brutalizer > Phage > Swiftness > Zephyr/Black Cleaver > Zephyr/Black Cleaver > Frozen Mallet > Guardian Angel > Iceborn Gauntlet

It's fucking expensive, but fucking devastating if the match goes till late game if you ask me.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-12-28 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking.

Think I'll try and get a build with:
    Boots of Swiftness
    Black Cleaver
    Frozen Mallet
    Zephyr
    Guardian Angel
    Iceborn Gauntlet

Most likely in this order:
    T1 Boots > Brutalizer > Phage > Swiftness > Zephyr/Black Cleaver > Zephyr/Black Cleaver > Frozen Mallet > Guardian Angel > Iceborn Gauntlet

It's fucking expensive, but fucking devastating if the match goes till late game if you ask me.
    Try out for me if you get the chance lol. Haven't been able to play in a while sadly. Ghostblade + Mallet for all the AD damage, Warmogs + Fmallet for the health and tankiness you need once mid game rolls in, and Zephyr for the finishing touch. Mallet & Ghostblade are plenty of sticking power

Phage -> Ghostblade -> Warmogs -> Finish Mallet -> Zephyr -> somethin like a GA prob.

Deleted
    Finally got a chance to jungle her a bit lately, her ganks are a lot better than what I'd previously thought if you don't mess up your Q when engaging. And after 6 she can tower dive if the lane helps out without much risk. Been going with a R>Q=>E>W priority (that is to say, maxing Q before E, but keeping them the same rank whenever possible), the mobility is very, VERY helpful, and in the mid-game skirmishes it has saved my life more than once and gotten kills as well (using Q twice or even thrice in a prolonged engage). I'm considering giving up flash for a ghost or exhaust for better pre-6 ganks since I pretty much just use flash if I fuck up. Thoughts on this?

As for item build, I'm getting the tenacity spirit stone, berserker boots, frozen mallet, blade of the ruined king, guardian angel with a situational last or second to last item. I found the berserker boots help a lot early and mid-game, but if I finally get some games longer than 30m, I might decide to replace them and the stone for tenacity boots, and atmog. The only problem with my build so far seems to be that I don't really have any room for magic resist this way. On the other hand, since I'm definitely not planning to play a tank, but a bruiser, is it perhaps better to not look at MR at all considering most APCs nowadays go for guise + boots + Mpen marks anyway and just go for more health? (I realise it sounds a bit silly, but is there merit to the idea perhaps?)