Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

More BS from GC?

"Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch."

Discourage horading/need to farm? What is he talking about? I have over 1000. Not for any reason other than they accumulate was faster than you can spend them per week if you'r doing dailies. I only do the ones I still need rep for (Just Shieldwall atm), and still have a poop-ton of these things. Why is this sounding like I'm trying to be clever or sneaky?

If anything, have something else you can spend them on. Like, maybe 100 for an extra Spirit of Harmony or something, idk.

I think you are missing what he said.

He is referring to people hording them for patch 5.2, not hoarding them now. This might mean that there is going to be new ways to use them, and once announced people may start hoarding them in the 10s of thousands.

Lol I do find it funny how he said hoarding, Yeah we're practically forced to hoard them at the rate we get and the rate we're able to spend them at

Fail logic on his part for that

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why is this sounding like I'm trying to be clever or sneaky?
    Don't you think you're being a bit oversensitive? For one thing what GC said is not a disparagement to people with lots of charms. For another it's clearly not aimed at people like you (ie, everyone... we ALL have a huge pile of charms). What he's saying is they don't want to create a situation where you feel compelled to do buttloads of dailies before every raid patch to create a big hoard of charms to use when the patch comes live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

discourage hoarding?

oh thanks, make me do dailies for the bonus roll coins, then make them worthless.

I MEAN, ONLY BEING ABLE TO TURN IN 90 A WEEK WHEN I HAVE 2K IS TOTALLY MY FAULT, RIGHT?

seems a bit pointless tbh. the most you can have is 10.. with loot rares as low as they are thats 1 or 2 bits of loot at a real push maybe?
    Even if you have stacks and stacks of lesser charms, theres a limit to the amount of greater charms you can get each week anyway, so it's not like you can suddenly cash them all in and get all the loot you need in the first week.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Atanae Want to err on the side of the former. If you want to do 5.2 raid, you can gear up in 5.0 LFR.
    Fucking kill me and my alts now. My enthusiasm for coming back to this game after the fucktardery of launch becomes irrelevant wanes with every piece of new news that I read.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    discourage hoarding?

oh thanks, make me do dailies for the bonus roll coins, then make them worthless.

I MEAN, ONLY BEING ABLE TO TURN IN 90 A WEEK WHEN I HAVE 2K IS TOTALLY MY FAULT, RIGHT?
    I think you missed the point. They're going to discourage hoarding for 5.2 because they're putting some new amazing super duper amazing use for them in 5.2... but want people to continue turning them in weekly right now and not stop turning them in because the new super duper cool thing coming in 5.2 is waaaaay better than the greater charm turn in.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Fucking kill me and my alts now. My enthusiasm for coming back to this game after the fucktardery of launch becomes irrelevant wanes with every piece of new news that I read.
    Wait so you are annoyed there is actual progression even if its only for each LFR teir?

Quote Originally Posted by hyperio View Post
    Wait so you are annoyed there is actual progression even if its only for each LFR teir?
    I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.

Yet DS was the most colossal failure of a raid this game has seen. I happen to think heroics rewarding purples just a half step below normal mode tiers is a bad thing.

I'm annoyed that I can't get a character to 90, grind out my gear in a few days or a week, be at a reasonable standard for semi-casual raiding and progressing down the path of gearing up using VP even if I can't find a raid.

DS was perfect in this regard. Want to try raiding on a new class? Go hit up HoT heroics for a few days and come back at 378 ready for normal DS action.

Now I have to wade through Daily Area of Casualcraft shit for weeks on end and go beg the RNG gods a mere once a week? Absolutely infuriating.
    And yet I remember the forums back then being wall to wall people saying they wanted BC's tier-by-tier progression system back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Interesting interpretations you guys got for a quote that essentially means "don't go out of your way to get them, it won't be worth it".

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    I think you missed the point. They're going to discourage hoarding for 5.2 because they're putting some new amazing super duper amazing use for them in 5.2... but want people to continue turning them in weekly right now and not stop turning them in because the new super duper cool thing coming in 5.2 is waaaaay better than the greater charm turn in.
    my money is on them unlocking more dailies.

calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And yet I remember the forums back then being wall to wall people saying they wanted BC's tier-by-tier progression system back.
    What forums were you reading??

This game started to...and I hate using the term but whatever but...it started to "cater to the casuals" in WOTLK and guess what...players [not myself] LOVED it. They liked they could essentially do little yet get gear. Purples were all but handed to you and they made the game incredibly alt friendly [which I did like].

So if anything, I saw people wanting something like WOTLK but with a LFD for raids....that's what you got with Cataclysm, the thing people had been wanting for years at that point.

LFR DS was a hit. Most people enjoyed the fact that they could get into a raid quickly and easily meanwhile hitting one of 2 or 3 keys for about 90 minutes and walk away with some tier gear.

At no point during all of this did I ever see a "wall to wall people saying they wanted TBC raid tiers" back. Yes some people wanted it, I'm one of them, but we were in the minority and I mean the VAST minority.

TBC was anything but casual in fact TBC was the most hardcore the game had ever been.

Anyways, this is longer than I had meant to be, I just had to step in and...correct you? Argue with you? I dunno, I'm just saying that most people enjoyed the WOTLK way of life but wanted to have a dungeon finder for raids implemented hence DS in Cataclysm. That's what they got. Now that they want something less boring but equally as accessible and easy to get into.....*eyeroll*

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't come back then. Man, it isn't hard. I'm not going to go back to Swtor and be like "Man, this fucktardery is still shit. It's making me not want to come back." when I know I don't want to go back. You don't have to play wow. A good piece of advice for life is not to spend your leisure time on something you don't like. Or worrying about it. People act like GC and Blizz are cutting off their air supply.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-12-07 at 06:13 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Interesting interpretations you guys got for a quote that essentially means "don't go out of your way to get them, it won't be worth it".
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Don't come back then. Man, it isn't hard. I'm not going to go back to Swtor and be like "Man, this fucktardery is still shit. It's making me not want to come back." when I know I don't want to go back. You don't have to play wow. A good piece of advice for life is not to spend your leisure time on something you don't like. Or worrying about it. People act like GC and Blizz are cutting off their air supply.
    A lot of my friends still play the game. That's why it's not easy to cut yourself off from the game completely and why you hope the devs stop being obstinate about all this shit.

heres the thing. if you essentially hold valor gear hostage behind reps, the currency you get from grinding dailies should not become worthless suddenly.

thats like going to work, getting paid, and then waking up and realizing you have monopoly money in your wallet.

IF (and we dont know much at this point) they get replaced by a new daily charm currency, the shitstorm you will hear online will be quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    my money is on them unlocking more dailies.

calling it now.
    GC already said there would be more new dailies in 5.2. And I don't get the big deal with the valor gear. It gets replaced soon even with LFR level tier gear when the set bonuses kick in.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD