Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

NVidia Driver 310.70 released!

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ivers-released

Please note that performance improvements benefit all GeForce GTX graphics cards, though obviously to varying degrees. We would of course love to show how our optimizations benefit the entire range of GeForce GTX GPUs, but sadly this is unfeasible given the number of benchmarks required. For example, for each GPU and game you test include a before and after benchmark to show the level of improvement, then multiply the number of tests by the number of resolutions, three, and then again by the number of different detail levels and anti-aliasing modes tested. Then, finally, to verify the results, run everything again to ensure there were no anomalies. With so many GPUs in our lineup, even focusing exclusively on the most popular models would prove impossible in the time between a driver being finalized, and released.
    It would seem they were expecting flack. lol

Get on that update folks!!!

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/53752
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I hope this fixes the random lag spikes I somtimes come across in some games (And they aren't even very graphically intense, it's more like a glitch or bug in the driver.)

Deleted
    310.70 is a WHQL candidate (beta) driver

Worth trying, especially for Far Cry 3 on the 600 series SLI, TXAA support in Black Ops 2 also.

Any new driver is good if it says "performance increase for 400/500/600 series". Might not be increased FPS, but maybe increased min. FPS or less FPS drops. Been using the last Beta drivers(the ones marked as "Beta") since they came out

10+ Year Old Account
    I gained 2 points in Unigine Heaven 3.0!! lolololol

Previous score from Sep 2, 2012:

Score after 310.70:
    "A flower.

So has it been confirmed to actually work with WOW or are we just assuming they did their dilligence? I remember last time it took 20+ releases to find a stable one for warcraft on an older card series. I"m a bit gun-shy at this point...

Adi

Quote Originally Posted by adianar View Post
    So has it been confirmed to actually work with WOW or are we just assuming they did their dilligence? I remember last time it took 20+ releases to find a stable one for warcraft on an older card series. I"m a bit gun-shy at this point...

Adi
    Well as I just made a thread about it, it keeps crashing my WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Well as I just made a thread about it, it keeps crashing my WoW.
    Are you getting the "nvidia driver has stopped responding and has recovered?"

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    No I'm getting, 'World of Warcraft has stopped working.'

It seems to have stopped for now.

Deleted
    the beta driver seems to run smoother than this....

WoW crashing just because of the SSAO in the game. Was researching and testing hours and the only fix which was helping either disabling DX11 or just SSAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is stable and running beautifully with great fps!
    "A flower.

I doubt they'll be fixing the issues in wow. nvidia is pointing at blizzard while blizz is pointing at nvidia >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    He may not be getting that error, By however, I am. But not on the current beta driver, but on the previous beta driver. 310.06? or something like that, I know its off topic but I need some serious help!

Could it be your OS, other software, or bad hardware that is causing your graphics issues because last I checked, millions of people are using the same graphics drivers without an issue.

I've used nVidia GeForce since around 2000 (GeForce DDR, GeForce 2 Ultra, GeForce FX, GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series, and now a GTX 470). I have upgraded to official and beta drivers and have rarely ever had a problem that seemed to be caused by driver flaws. I have had to replace by 7 series card because it was causing problems that most people report like graphics glitches and graphics time outs. Once I replaced the card and used the same computer, OS, and drivers, the problem disappeared.

I run WoW(64) on Ultra at 1920x1200 with 8X multi-sampling and SSAO with an i7-2600K(4.8Ghz) and GTX 470(700/1800Mhz Core/Mem) and all seems to be fine! Tested on Win 7 and 8 (64-bit). I think my system's quality parts, power supply, and cooling (air) are responsible for my stable system.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost over 500 points in heaven 3.0, back to 306.97 i guess, it's a shame too, 310.33 showed so much promise

on the left is 310.33 on the right is 310.70

306.97 gives me a score of 5609, so somewhere between 310.33 and 310.70, they screwed up, normally they would just keep developing, but i think they are facing too much pressure from AMD's latest drivers and may just release this crap to the public
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-12-05 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    lost over 500 points in heaven 3.0, back to 306.97 i guess, it's a shame too, 310.33 showed so much promise

on the left is 310.33 on the right is 310.70

306.97 gives me a score of 5609, so somewhere between 310.33 and 310.70, they screwed up, normally they would just keep developing, but i think they are facing too much pressure from AMD's latest drivers and may just release this crap to the public
    Well how many hours a day are you playing unigine heaven? :P

They've added sparse grid spacing, this might effected your fps? Or txaa stuffz

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back to the old drivers for me. Driver stopped working....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well how many hours a day are you playing unigine heaven? :P

They've added sparse grid spacing, this might effected your fps? Or txaa stuffz
    Playing Unigine Heaven? Please tell me the emoticon was you saying you know it isn't a game...
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Playing Unigine Heaven? Please tell me the emoticon was you saying you know it isn't a game...
    Was being ironic

I just meant, benchmarks performance gain or loss isn't something to be concern about.

Off, didn't you know unigine's engine is being used in some games? :P