Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Pretty sad that it makes you sick. Especially considering I barely even bother loading TOR. I think I've spent a total of 10 minutes in game since late July. You don't like it, that's fine. Despite that, it doesn't change the fact that it takes a shit load less time to get a convenience unlock as a non-subscriber in TOR than it does in any other F2P game I've played. Sometimes I wonder if many of you that are railing against this F2P system have ever actually played or seen a F2P game in action before. Most of them are restrictive and none of them allow you to lift those restrictions through anything besides massive grinds or money.
    I've tried several, the point is no other F2P game starts off as restrictive as SWTOR.

    Being able to get to the point of other F2P games with credit unlocks dosn't make it better. Other F2P games start off way less restrictive.

    Overall though any F2P or even subscription game with a cash shop is sickening the kinds of crap they have in them and that there are people sad enough out there who don't know the value of a dollar who buy the garbage they do.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    The story content for 8 different classes might as well be "a whole game for free". I haven't played KOTOR or KOTOR 2 but is doing all 8 class stories more content than those games? Less? Same? I understand at a certain point the only thing not new is the actual class story missions, once you do each side (Republic or Imperial) once the sidequests are no longer new.
    From what I hear of the xp penalty for F2P, I'm not sure even the quest set is paced at anything that would be fun.

    Either way, it's not a silly argument, you're getting something for nothing, that previously required you to pay $15 a month, there is no other way to get around that fact. The game itself is not really a failure, and calling it that shows your inexperience with things. Their goal to compete with WoW failed, but everyone knew that was going to happen before the game came out. They've made a ton of mistakes, but the game in many ways is still better than a lot out there. People who don't judge their game by how many other people play, already know this.
    I subscribed from launch until September. I unsubbed because I was disappointed in the HK51 "epic quest" that wasn't. I hadn't been playing much except for space missions anyway, but would have stayed subbed if I had any faith in the stability of the game. Since launch they have been consistently reactive, figuring everything out long after they should have, even the F2P conversion was "hey, lets announce F2P then figure out how we're doing it" feeling. As I said just before the conversion "we won't know what we get until at least 2 weeks after it happens", and they're still catching up.

    Now, they lost me as a subscriber, but if the F2P conversion had worked, they could have turned me into a dabbler. Playing a bit here and there, maintaining my characters, then either subbing when content comes that I want or straight up buying that content if that worked. Instead they drove me away from the game entirely.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    From what I hear of the xp penalty for F2P, I'm not sure even the quest set is paced at anything that would be fun.



    I subscribed from launch until September. I unsubbed because I was disappointed in the HK51 "epic quest" that wasn't. I hadn't been playing much except for space missions anyway, but would have stayed subbed if I had any faith in the stability of the game. Since launch they have been consistently reactive, figuring everything out long after they should have, even the F2P conversion was "hey, lets announce F2P then figure out how we're doing it" feeling. As I said just before the conversion "we won't know what we get until at least 2 weeks after it happens", and they're still catching up.

    Now, they lost me as a subscriber, but if the F2P conversion had worked, they could have turned me into a dabbler. Playing a bit here and there, maintaining my characters, then either subbing when content comes that I want or straight up buying that content if that worked. Instead they drove me away from the game entirely.
    Pretty much the same experience for me.

    Bioware seems to be stumbling around only reacting to things way later then they should like you said.

    They started with a F2P experience that was way too restrictive then anyone could imagine and they barely budged with letting up on these crazy limitations. I guess it's nice they are doing anything at all but it is certainly too little too late for me.

    F2P was a sad attempt of digging them out of the dirt. It may give them some momentary relapse but swtor will forever flow in the sea of mediocre at best MMOs forever due to Biowares bad decisions. At it's core its a good rpg game (even better then WoW) otherwise Bioware screws everything else up.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    It makes me physically sick that some people actually support this F2P model.
    PIC pls

    and i'm one of them, well i still like the game over all and its the only Syfy MMO out there that i think is fun to my taste. Love the story and End game is not the greatest but its still Fun.

    As long i have "Fun" i will play/pay.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I've tried several, the point is no other F2P game starts off as restrictive as SWTOR.

    Being able to get to the point of other F2P games with credit unlocks dosn't make it better. Other F2P games start off way less restrictive.

    Overall though any F2P or even subscription game with a cash shop is sickening the kinds of crap they have in them and that there are people sad enough out there who don't know the value of a dollar who buy the garbage they do.
    Please list your examples of what you consider to be overly restrictive. I'm genuinely interested in the things people consider to be too restrictive.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I've tried several, the point is no other F2P game starts off as restrictive as SWTOR.

    Being able to get to the point of other F2P games with credit unlocks dosn't make it better. Other F2P games start off way less restrictive.

    Overall though any F2P or even subscription game with a cash shop is sickening the kinds of crap they have in them and that there are people sad enough out there who don't know the value of a dollar who buy the garbage they do.
    - you can unlock almost everything with credits as you can buy almost everything via GTN....
    - what other people spend is none of your business as it's not your money they spend

    The "too little too late" speech has been used since shortly after the first patch, nothing more than a /golfclap for you there.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Please list your examples of what you consider to be overly restrictive. I'm genuinely interested in the things people consider to be too restrictive.
    Like other people I'm sure you'll use the lame excuse of "Derr you can buy all of them with the GTN" so I'll start with 2 examples that cannot be countered with that awful excuse.

    Limit on Commendations
    Limit on Credits

    Then there us a long list of other lame restrictions

    Limited experience
    limited bag space (that can't be bought for anywhere near what it costs a subscriber since people way overprice it)
    No cargo space (same as above)
    No mail
    No trading
    No companion appearance customization
    No additional action bars (as said before its only reactive that they gave some finally)
    having to show awful helmets
    Limiting gear and FPs
    limiting BGs
    and more...

    It's not that they are denying content or stupid garbage items. It's ease of life and play they deny. They make it a stale nightmare of play, Sure you can do the story all the way through but they F you at every turn. So many other f2P games have some or most of these options from the start.

    Deny new dungeons until they are old, silly items only losers care about or rated BGs or something. Don't let people play to 50 kicking them in the pants at every option. It's not like they have people working day and night to make sure you helmet is hidden every time you click the option, the mechanism for those things are there and complete.

    Things like HK-51 being buyable only (or with subscription) is fine because that is a level 50 thing and is new and needs to be funded. Raids at 50 are the things that need constant tweaking. If people liked the game up till 50 then they should decide if they want to sub and get more or not. Or is a new race let subscribers have "early access" for a couple months, then when its made enough money off subscribers make it free to others.

    Or make the whole game free and accessible like all other F2P games and only allow junk like those flight suits to be bought. They would make enough money off that. Other F2P games do and there are always enough stupid people to buy that crap.

    Its amazing how other F2P games do it but Bioware dosn't grasp the fact and screw thier F2Pers. I don't like the idea of F2P in general but SWTOR has the worst version of it I've seen to date.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 04:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    - you can unlock almost everything with credits as you can buy almost everything via GTN....
    /golfclap for that lame excuse spewed out of every Bioware/swtor fanboy mouth
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-12-10 at 04:09 AM.

  8. #48
    The 25% non-subbed penalty at every vendor is also irremovable.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The 25% non-subbed penalty at every vendor is also irremovable.
    Yep that too.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Like other people I'm sure you'll use the lame excuse of "Derr you can buy all of them with the GTN" so I'll start with 2 examples that cannot be countered with that awful excuse.

    Limit on Commendations
    Limit on Credits

    Then there us a long list of other lame restrictions

    Limited experience
    limited bag space (that can't be bought for anywhere near what it costs a subscriber since people way overprice it)
    No cargo space (same as above)
    No mail [COLOR="#0000FF"]
    No trading [COLOR="#0000FF"]
    No companion appearance customization
    No additional action bars (as said before its only reactive that they gave some finally)
    having to show awful helmets
    Limiting gear and FPs
    limiting BGs
    and more...
    Lazy ass people do really surprise me again and again. You don't have to buy the game anymore... saving like 60 bucks something? which anyone playing from the beginning had to pay. No complain there.

    The only thing you would have to do is paying 1 months of subscriptions and most problems would be solved by themselves... but no.... the people not giving anything want to have even more. So investing one time 15 bucks is too much for you.... I suggest you start looking for a job/ better job if 15 bucks do hurt you so much for a hobby.

    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    /golfclap for that lame excuse spewed out of every Bioware/swtor fanboy mouth
    I feel sorry for you as you have to spend it on forums regarding a game you obviously don't play nore have any interests in playing as your "too little too late" speech used by anyone too lazy and not interested but still wanting to hang around and give their opinion about a game they don't play... please.. you deserve the /golfclap much more

    However I thank you for making me laugh at the commodation restrictions...

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Lazy ass people do really surprise me again and again. You don't have to buy the game anymore... saving like 60 bucks something? which anyone playing from the beginning had to pay. No complain there.

    The only thing you would have to do is paying 1 months of subscriptions and most problems would be solved by themselves... but no.... the people not giving anything want to have even more. So investing one time 15 bucks is too much for you.... I suggest you start looking for a job/ better job if 15 bucks do hurt you so much for a hobby.



    I feel sorry for you as you have to spend it on forums regarding a game you obviously don't play nore have any interests in playing as your "too little too late" speech used by anyone too lazy and not interested but still wanting to hang around and give their opinion about a game they don't play... please.. you deserve the /golfclap much more

    However I thank you for making me laugh at the commodation restrictions...
    Whats to laugh at the commendation restriction? Too stupid to come up with a rebuttal so you just laugh like an idiot?

    Otherwise I'm trying to save people the loathing time I had with this game since it started to go downhill.

    Yea I actually like to inform and help people instead of being a rainbow spewing fanboy. I'm giving my opinion, It differs from yours but I guess you'd just rather just say something stupid like call me lazy(?).

    Many people come searching through to see if the game is ok. Obviously the sub-forum is full of fanboys spewing crap about the game so I give a different perspective.

    You can be arrogant/ignorant to my opinion and for that you get a facepalm way worse then your stupid golfclap.

    I suggest you get a better life/better life if you constantly shell out money to play a bad game.

    BTW I did get screwed over for the $60 back when this game did look like its going places so I kinda have a right to complain now that it is shit. (Your probably just gonna be stupid and laugh at that too but I guess I can't fix your stupidity by informing you since you already ignored my information)

    (lol, by the way your response was so predictable and stupid that someone actually sent me a message saying you would probably use the exact stupid comment you said)

    Please refrain from name calling and keep the discussion civil.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-10 at 04:39 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    BTW I did get screwed over for the $60 back when this game did look like its going places so I kinda have a right to complain now that it is shit. (Your probably just gonna be stupid and laugh at that too but I guess I can't fix your stupidity by informing you since you already ignored my information)
    You didn't get screwed over. You made a poor choice. You would have been screwed over if the company had delivered a product that was non-functioning and then refused refunds. But they didn't. It may not have been what they promised (what game lives up to the marketing/PR hype?) but it was functional.

  13. #53
    Whats to laugh at the commendation restrictions... well for one, I never used the planetary commendations, second... why would you want to keep your commendation? There is nothing to gain from.... so yes, your argument is pretty laughable but I guess everything works as long as you can spill your anger over a "game"...

    You are not trying to save people anything... you are pitiful angry because the game wasn't what YOU thought it would be and can't get over it/ get on with your life. You are not the first, you are one of many many many morons which think their opinion is so damn important, they have to fill hundreds of sites with it. Well... you are not.

    The only way to see if a game is made for you is to try it out, especially since it's totally for free and never to listen to any random angry guy spilling his anger in a random game forum about a game he's not happy with/ not playing anymore.

    However as I can spend money on a hobby I like and you can't.... who has to get a better life?

    (lol, by the way I couldn't care less but if that "anonymous" person really knows what I'm writing, please give me his/ her name so he/she can discuss with your stupidity instead of me because you're getting really boring....)

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Please list your examples of what you consider to be overly restrictive. I'm genuinely interested in the things people consider to be too restrictive.
    XP penalty. It's impossible to "unlock" permanently, and no other F2P game I ever played has something nearly as idiotic. This is a problem, because slowing down XP gain in game where levelling was already pointlessly slow is just a nail in the coffin - making sure that only those who already max level would remain.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-12-10 at 03:21 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The 25% non-subbed penalty at every vendor is also irremovable.
    so buy some 25% bonus xp's from the gtn, they are selling for under 1k a piece on the gtn...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    so buy some 25% bonus xp's from the gtn, they are selling for under 1k a piece on the gtn...
    You know, they are just going to ignore you or say that its still unfair.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Like other people I'm sure you'll use the lame excuse of "Derr you can buy all of them with the GTN" so I'll start with 2 examples that cannot be countered with that awful excuse.

    Limit on Commendations
    Limit on Credits

    Then there us a long list of other lame restrictions

    Limited experience
    limited bag space (that can't be bought for anywhere near what it costs a subscriber since people way overprice it)
    No cargo space (same as above)
    No mail
    No trading
    No companion appearance customization
    No additional action bars (as said before its only reactive that they gave some finally)
    having to show awful helmets
    Limiting gear and FPs
    limiting BGs
    and more...

    It's not that they are denying content or stupid garbage items. It's ease of life and play they deny. They make it a stale nightmare of play, Sure you can do the story all the way through but they F you at every turn. So many other f2P games have some or most of these options from the start.

    Deny new dungeons until they are old, silly items only losers care about or rated BGs or something. Don't let people play to 50 kicking them in the pants at every option. It's not like they have people working day and night to make sure you helmet is hidden every time you click the option, the mechanism for those things are there and complete.

    Things like HK-51 being buyable only (or with subscription) is fine because that is a level 50 thing and is new and needs to be funded. Raids at 50 are the things that need constant tweaking. If people liked the game up till 50 then they should decide if they want to sub and get more or not. Or is a new race let subscribers have "early access" for a couple months, then when its made enough money off subscribers make it free to others.

    Or make the whole game free and accessible like all other F2P games and only allow junk like those flight suits to be bought. They would make enough money off that. Other F2P games do and there are always enough stupid people to buy that crap.

    Its amazing how other F2P games do it but Bioware dosn't grasp the fact and screw thier F2Pers. I don't like the idea of F2P in general but SWTOR has the worst version of it I've seen to date.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 04:08 AM ----------



    /golfclap for that lame excuse spewed out of every Bioware/swtor fanboy mouth

    As I've said many times, creds are easy to get. Also do you realize that at the start for a sub player, you only get 3 lines of bag space and you have to buy the rest, just like everyone else? And they do go up in price as you go further. In fact, it costs about 100k a piece for each of the last 3 lines, which is actually more than they are available for typically on the gtn which has been between 80-100k lately.

    Add that, and granted it's my opinion. Having a cred cap will only end up being beneficial for a f2p player. Reason: products need to sell for a certain price or a f2p won't be able to buy them and realistically for some of the things, those players are the only market for those products. For example, wanna sell a weekly OPs pass? or a Warzone pass? then you are going to have to sell it for less than 350k or you outprice your consumers. Face it, it puts a cap on inflation. Honestly, think about how high some of the prices would be if there was no credit cap? WZ passes probably be 1,000,000 creds.

    Companion appearance customization? hide helmet? seriously, these are convienience features. They should be limited.
    Gear? especially purple gear should be restricted as well. You don't need it until you to 50 anyways, at which point it'll be easy to buy.

    All this is, is about people who only want to play for free and wanting and crying and moaning for more free stuff. They want unlimited access to everything all the time but dont' want to spend a dime on the game to do so.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 09:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You know, they are just going to ignore you or say that its still unfair.
    yeah I know, but there has to be a voice of reason out there. And who knows, maybe some people who are thinking about checking out the game will come are and see the ragers for the sake of raging and read past those and see some level heading thinking.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Like other people I'm sure you'll use the lame excuse of "Derr you can buy all of them with the GTN" so I'll start with 2 examples that cannot be countered with that awful excuse.

    Limit on Commendations
    Limit on Credits

    Then there us a long list of other lame restrictions

    Limited experience
    limited bag space (that can't be bought for anywhere near what it costs a subscriber since people way overprice it)
    No cargo space (same as above)
    No mail
    No trading
    No companion appearance customization
    No additional action bars (as said before its only reactive that they gave some finally)
    having to show awful helmets
    Limiting gear and FPs
    limiting BGs
    and more...
    Limited bag space is common. Same with no cargo space (although they DO give you a cargo bay). No trading, common. Limited mail, common. Limiting gear, common. Limit on commendations and currency? Common. They don't limit FPs, they limit the gear you get from them. You can run FPs all you want. Companion appearance and the ability to hide your helm? Since when was that a restriction to playing the game. Stricken from this list because neither one is necessary for you to play.

    The only restrictions on your list that I'll give you is the limited experience, limited BGs, and action bars. However, if you can't afford to buy your 3rd action bar off the GTN once you finally need it, you're spending your credits terribly.

    Like I said before, I think that you have never really ever played a F2P game and are just arguing out of your ass.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    XP penalty. It's impossible to "unlock" permanently, and no other F2P game I ever played has something nearly as idiotic. This is a problem, because slowing down XP gain in game where levelling was already pointlessly slow is just a nail in the coffin - making sure that only those who already max level would remain.
    Is that xp penalty on top of not getting "rested" xp or is that the xp penalty you are talking about? In any case....

    I leveled my lvl 39 to lvl 47 in 2,5 days... I had rested xp and 25% more xp bonus from 41-47.

    Meaning.... with whatever bonus you'd need a little more... maybe a day?.... I don't see your problem. The leveling process was never "pointlessly slow"... I guess you never played games like EQ2 where it took you a fair amount of time to get to max level (not to mention any asia grind mmo). I frankly don't see it as a "game killer" nor making you enjoy the game any less if you start the game from scratch as a new player. In case you already played through the game and probably even played the same storyline, it may get boring?... though still less boring than what I remember from Everquest 2.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Is that xp penalty on top of not getting "rested" xp or is that the xp penalty you are talking about? In any case....

    I leveled my lvl 39 to lvl 47 in 2,5 days... I had rested xp and 25% more xp bonus from 41-47.

    Meaning.... with whatever bonus you'd need a little more... maybe a day?.... I don't see your problem. The leveling process was never "pointlessly slow"... I guess you never played games like EQ2 where it took you a fair amount of time to get to max level (not to mention any asia grind mmo). I frankly don't see it as a "game killer" nor making you enjoy the game any less if you start the game from scratch as a new player. In case you already played through the game and probably even played the same storyline, it may get boring?... though still less boring than what I remember from Everquest 2.
    You forgot to mention EQ1 and it's hell levels every 5 levels where those levels required about 5x the exp than a normal level. Leveling is easy. xp bonus's are readily and easily available on the GTN as well to negate that for typically 1k or under. That's nothing in terms of creds in game, even at level 20.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •