Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I look at it as, males and females were clearly designed to mate. Whether you subscribe to God or nature, it is a fact. If every single person in the world was straight, there would be no issue. If every single person in the world was gay, barring out artificial insemination (which is not natural) our species would die out within a couple generations.

    Funny how some animals changed sex DUE to lack of numbers in one population, rite? :P

    I'm sure that is just too much of a science mindfuck for you.
    Let me assure you tho, If there were only gay people left on earth, Humanity would not die out, because some people have this scope and reason and would opt to re populate anyhow.
    It's not about who you are fucking man, but who you love. Idk why that's so hard.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-12-08 at 06:21 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  2. #242
    Dreadlord Hurax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    München, Germany
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    You can be gay if you want. I could care less. But stop pushing and pushing and pushing it and shoving it down everyone's throats. Everyone is equal. So leave it at that. What you do behind close doors no one else wants to hear. But it's not behind closed doors anymore. It's out in everyone's faces and I'm sick and tired of it.
    The way you talk about gayness being pushed and shoved down your throat, and waved in your face, I can't help but suspect some repressed sexual fantasies in you.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Yes, fear the gay uprising, breeders! Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Don't let them know about phase3.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 06:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    Male and female has been the ideal partnership since the beginning of time..
    Actually monogamy is more of a modern convention.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Well glad to see someone with 6 posts being so highly homophobic. At the level of your argument I would wonder if you where actually straight. Because you think way too much on this subject. And feel way too emotional over a simple political debate on a Video Game web forum.

    As for humans being animals, guess what humans are. Even the bible makes it clear God made humans the same way he made the Animals. Granted you get the complicated magical methods with humans, because after all as reasoning and intellectual beings humans have abilities that other animals can not do. But this doesn't change how we are biologically, it only effects our mental capacity and our ability to communicate to generations that wont be born for thousands of years. You can choose to be rigid in your faith, but do not impose your faith on others. The society we live in has many faiths and beliefs that do not agree with yours.
    Judging me and my opinions on my post count? Nice. Anyways.. Humans are not animals (In MY opinion). The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth. Which is different than how he made animals (simply speaking them into existence). Also, if you believe what the Bible says, then you would believe that God placed man over dominion of animals and that man is significantly more important than animals. With how far humans have come in technological advances and other things, I do not believe that man-kind is just simply an 'accident' and something that happened by chance. There is obviously something greater at work (In MY opinion). But I had these opinions long before I became a Christian or 'religious person'. I simply used common sense to realize that humans are greater than animals, and that there is absolutely no possible way that all that we know around us just so happened by chance.

    I am not being rigid in my faith, rather I am using my common sense (which I'm sure someone will bash me for) and the things that I know to determine what I believe.

    "but do not impose your faith on others."

    I could say the same thing about homosexuals and them sticking their sexual orientation in my face. I am simply stating my opinion and what I believe. I am imposing nothing on no one.

  5. #245
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,312
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Don't let them know about phase3.
    I thought Phase 3 was tacos.

    Actually monogamy is more of a modern convention.
    For example: In Ancient Greece, it was common for affluent citizens to take on a male teenage lover; especially in Phebes (which is where the term ephebophile, used to describe someone with a sexual interest in teenagers, comes from). In Sparta, a Spartan had two lovers: his wife, and the man next to him in the battle lines. They believed that if you were fighting alongside your lover, you would work better as a unit and had more reason to ensure you both did your duty and kept your compatriots alive.

    edit: Rawdude, what say you about the Vatican vocally supporting evolution now? Furthermore, again, it's hypocritical to insist people not 'shove' their lifestyle 'down your throat' while turning around and demanding your faith be the law of the land, with no regard for other lifestyles or even religions that do not prescribe to the concept of marriage being a strictly male-female affair.
    Last edited by Callei; 2012-12-08 at 06:33 PM.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    Judging me and my opinions on my post count? Nice. Anyways.. Humans are not animals (In MY opinion). The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth. Which is different than how he made animals (simply speaking them into existence). Also, if you believe what the Bible says, then you would believe that God placed man over dominion of animals and that man is significantly more important than animals. With how far humans have come in technological advances and other things, I do not believe that man-kind is just simply an 'accident' and something that happened by chance. There is obviously something greater at work (In MY opinion). But I had these opinions long before I became a Christian or 'religious person'. I simply used common sense to realize that humans are greater than animals, and that there is absolutely no possible way that all that we know around us just so happened by chance.

    I am not being rigid in my faith, rather I am using my common sense (which I'm sure someone will bash me for) and the things that I know to determine what I believe.

    "but do not impose your faith on others."

    I could say the same thing about homosexuals and them sticking their sexual orientation in my face. I am simply stating my opinion and what I believe. I am imposing nothing on no one.
    You're using your religious beliefs to justify prohibiting the right to marry to others. Do you see a problem with this? Also, of course humans are animals and it speaks of your arrogance that you feel otherwise.


    How about we give you some perspective? Islam says your wife cannot go to school, or show her face in public. So, break her the bad news

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth. Which is different than how he made animals (simply speaking them into existence).
    SO you rather be that which is shit on, than that which does the shitting? Ooooooooooo kay.


    Edit: Idk about you but in not into being shit on, it's kind of....
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  8. #248
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,525
    I look at it as, males and females were clearly designed to mate. Whether you subscribe to God or nature, it is a fact. If every single person in the world was straight, there would be no issue. If every single person in the world was gay, barring out artificial insemination (which is not natural) our species would die out within a couple generations.
    But every person is not gay so what is your point?
    There are a ton of animal species which pre-exists humans which include gay elements within a minority.
    Did they die out?


    If every human being had an IQ of 70 we as a species would be in trouble as well, should we live in fear? No, cos it is not the case.
    Again what is your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Did you read how US is trying to destabilize pacific (china-jap) area too? They are sending warships down there. We might be seeing a new military force being created out of those two nations that will counter NATO (with EASE)

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth. Which is different than how he made animals (simply speaking them into existence). Also, if you believe what the Bible says
    1. Except many of us don't.
    2. The Bible is not a book of science.
    3. Religion is a forbidden topic.

    I do not believe that man-kind is just simply an 'accident'
    No one said we are, stop strawmaning evolution.

    I am not being rigid in my faith, rather I am using my common sense
    Common sense would dictate you rely on the scientific method and evidence, rather than basing every single thing on "opinion".

    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    I could say the same thing about homosexuals and them sticking their sexual orientation in my face.
    No you can't. They aren't saying you must marry someone of your gender.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    The way you talk about gayness being pushed and shoved down your throat, and waved in your face, I can't help but suspect some repressed sexual fantasies in you.


    Sorry, sorry.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    How do they push it down your throat? Wouldn't you agree that it is some of us (incl you) hetro people shoving it down their throat.
    After all gays dont get the same rights as us hetro people. It is not hetro people getting descriminated, violated or beat up by gays is it?
    So, HOW, in your perception of the world is it us hetro that suffer from the actions of gay people?
    I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. This whole gay movement has rapidly increased in size and has become a very huge effort, would you not agree? Male and female has been the standard partnership forever basically. And now all of the sudden, gays are fighting and fighting to have that changed and rather, impose their beliefs and their orientation on us. Some will accept it, and some won't. There have been plenty gay people in the past. Like one poster said about Alexander. But you didn't see them having these huge movements and protests about something that has been around forever. Why not be gay in peace like people in the past have been (of course I know not 'total' peace, everyone is persecuted by someone whether it is because of their religion or other beliefs), instead of making a huge debate about it.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth.
    Which, really, should tell you everything you need to know about the usefulness of the Bible.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    And now all of the sudden, gays are fighting and fighting to have that changed and rather, impose their beliefs and their orientation on us.
    No they aren't. You're feeling threatened over things that have precisely zero impact on you.

  13. #253
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,312
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. This whole gay movement has rapidly increased in size and has become a very huge effort, would you not agree? Male and female has been the standard partnership forever basically. And now all of the sudden, gays are fighting and fighting to have that changed and rather, impose their beliefs and their orientation on us. Some will accept it, and some won't. There have been plenty gay people in the past. Like one poster said about Alexander. But you didn't see them having these huge movements and protests about something that has been around forever. Why not be gay in peace like people in the past have been (of course I know not 'total' peace, everyone is persecuted by someone whether it is because of their religion or other beliefs), instead of making a huge debate about it.
    Because we're tired of being second-class citizens based on who we fall in love with?

    Because we're sick of doctrine not even the Vatican follows anymore being used to justify oppression?

    Because we're sick of people telling us we shouldn't make others bear witness to our lifestyle while they believe we should be forced to live with their faith being made into the law of the land?

    Because America is not a theocracy and the Founding Fathers vocally opposed any religious doctrine being made the law of the land, to preserve freedom of religion for all?

    edit: How about being sick of reading in the news how gays and transgenders are beaten until needing emergency hospitalization and medical treatment because they're gay/transgender?

    How about feeling we shouldn't have to be 'quietly gay' while straights can run around making out in the street, get married and enjoy secular benefits we get denied, and don't have to live in fear of intolerance for their relationships?

    Or how about being sick of being told that if we simply buried who we were and lived a life that the people oppressing us advise us to live, just so they don't have to deal with society evolving beyond slope-browed, heavy-jawed, Me-Tarzan-You-Jane-ing constraints of the past, and in doing so actually enrich what it means to be a human being by climbing closer to the ideals Christ taught by loving thy neighbor, treating those around you as you would wish them to treat you, dining with sinners, and teaching not to judge others lest ye be judged by the Father, for judging is His purview and His alone?
    Last edited by Callei; 2012-12-08 at 06:41 PM.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  14. #254
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,525
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    Judging me and my opinions on my post count? Nice. Anyways.. Humans are not animals (In MY opinion). The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth. Which is different than how he made animals (simply speaking them into existence). Also, if you believe what the Bible says, then you would believe that God placed man over dominion of animals and that man is significantly more important than animals. With how far humans have come in technological advances and other things, I do not believe that man-kind is just simply an 'accident' and something that happened by chance. There is obviously something greater at work (In MY opinion). But I had these opinions long before I became a Christian or 'religious person'. I simply used common sense to realize that humans are greater than animals, and that there is absolutely no possible way that all that we know around us just so happened by chance.

    I am not being rigid in my faith, rather I am using my common sense (which I'm sure someone will bash me for) and the things that I know to determine what I believe.

    "but do not impose your faith on others."

    I could say the same thing about homosexuals and them sticking their sexual orientation in my face. I am simply stating my opinion and what I believe. I am imposing nothing on no one.
    I respect your opinion but you do in fact impose it on others.
    You are actively in favor of descrimination upon people not sharing your set of beliefs and values.
    If that is not imposing, I dont know what is.

    For example (if speaking US), you are in favor of not granting gay couples the same economic benefits as hetro people.
    Which is kinda odd since they pay the same tax as you no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Did you read how US is trying to destabilize pacific (china-jap) area too? They are sending warships down there. We might be seeing a new military force being created out of those two nations that will counter NATO (with EASE)

  15. #255
    Male and female has been the standard partnership forever basically.
    You know what else was the standard for awhile? Enslaving non-white people. I think we can all agree that was horrific and not something we'd want to return to. Being "a standard" doesn't mean it's innately a good thing. Also, as an aside, 'standard' of what?

    And now all of the sudden, gays are fighting and fighting to have that changed and rather, impose their beliefs and their orientation on us.
    Impose their orientation? What? You think gay people can turn you gay?

    But you didn't see them having these huge movements and protests about something that has been around forever.
    Probably because, in the past, there often wasn't the persecution that modern homosexuals face. It's kind of awkward how we've gone backwards on civil rights for non-heterosexuals.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    Judging me and my opinions on my post count? Nice. Anyways.. Humans are not animals (In MY opinion). The Bible says that God made man from the dust of the earth. Which is different than how he made animals (simply speaking them into existence). Also, if you believe what the Bible says, then you would believe that God placed man over dominion of animals and that man is significantly more important than animals. With how far humans have come in technological advances and other things, I do not believe that man-kind is just simply an 'accident' and something that happened by chance. There is obviously something greater at work (In MY opinion). But I had these opinions long before I became a Christian or 'religious person'. I simply used common sense to realize that humans are greater than animals, and that there is absolutely no possible way that all that we know around us just so happened by chance.

    I am not being rigid in my faith, rather I am using my common sense (which I'm sure someone will bash me for) and the things that I know to determine what I believe.

    "but do not impose your faith on others."

    I could say the same thing about homosexuals and them sticking their sexual orientation in my face. I am simply stating my opinion and what I believe. I am imposing nothing on no one.
    You keep saying "in MY opinion" while saying things that you well know cannot stand up and all I can think of is Douglas Adams.

    “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. This whole gay movement has rapidly increased in size and has become a very huge effort, would you not agree?
    Male and female has been the standard partnership forever basically.
    It's because it's anti American to limit freedom to only some Americans. You want to suppress some of our population because GOD does not agree with it? Ok, well get the fuck out, and stop messing with our free will and the Ideals of freedom :P

    Male and Female has never been the deal. 1+1 Partnerships would never have allowed our population to advance so far..
    How the fuck do you think we can come up with crazy shit like, 1:12 men have a genetic heritage to a certian mongolian that lived like 800 years ago? :P
    Apparently it's cause he was monogomous.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You know what else was the standard for awhile? Enslaving non-white people.


    Still my favorite speech on gay rights by a religious authority(for lack of a better word).

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    ...sociopathic politicians clinging to the writings of a man who's been dead for over a thousand years, who was regarded as an extremist even in his day, and have had enough and are demanding equal rights.

    You cannot claim on one hand that everyone is equal, then on the other claim that something found abundantly in nature is unnatural and that they should not receive equal rights while arguing with information not even the Vatican supports anymore. That is by definition hypocrisy, and if you'll recall, Christ hated nothing more than hypocrisy.
    Writings of a man who has been dead for thousands of years? Are you referring to the Bible? Because if you are, then you are sorely misinformed about the Bible, how it was written, and who wrote it. Gays are people. People have rights. They can be gay if they want and do what they want, I do not care, but there is no need for this giant push that is taking place right now.

    Christ does hate hypocrisy. However, you are applying teachings in the Bible to something that the Bible speaks against. Therefore, you are contradicting yourself with that statement. I am not Catholic. I could care less what the Vatican and the Pope believe. Do some history on the Catholic church, and find out how corrupt and greedy it has been in the past.

    And because something is found in nature does not make it right to be found in humans. But there we go again. I believe man is greater than animals, and you believe that man is nothing but an animal with increased capabilities. We will never be able to agree with each because of that difference of opinions there.

  20. #260
    Forget definitions and religions for a second. I'm in favor of gay marriages, civil unions, or whatever you want to call them not only because I don't see the problem in it, but also because there are benefits that heterosexual couples get that homosexual couples don't. Some (all I think) of the civil unions don't allow the same tax breaks and whatnot. That's nothing to do with religion. That right there is a completely secular example of how it appears the US is discriminating against a class of individuals.

    Defining homosexuals as a class is a whole other story, but I think it is very possible to define them as such. Anyway the point is by not recognizing civil unions and gay marriages we're economically discriminating against a class of citizens, and historically such things have been overturned by the Supreme Court.

    Those fighting to have their civil unions actually called marriages are silly in my opinion. I'm not gay and that could be a very rude statement, but if all the benefits and rights are the same there shouldn't be much to complain about. However if those rights are achieved, I believe it isn't too far fetched to think that eventually the same term will be used for both heterosexual and homosexual couples. It's the same thing and giving a class of people a term only used for them certainly hints at discrimination and segregation-like actions.
    Last edited by link4117; 2012-12-08 at 06:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •