Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So imposing religious views is bad, imposing sexual views is fine? Certainly you can see the double standard?
    their not imposing sexual views. imposing sexual views would be forcing you to be gay all their doing is giving gay people rights when it became legal for interracial couples to get married did they force white people to start having sex with other races? O_o
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  2. #382
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,686
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So imposing religious views is bad, imposing sexual views is fine? Certainly you can see the double standard?
    One wishes to deny others their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without any scientific or true moral grounding. The other wants equality and basic human rights, and for the government to strike down the extreme right's attempts to turn a government based on Separation of Church and State into a theocracy. Hell of a lopsided double standard.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So imposing religious views is bad, imposing sexual views is fine? Certainly you can see the double standard?

    "exactly fag doesnt even mean a gay person anymore it means a douchebag on a motorbike "

    Do they still call cigarettes fags in england?
    Nobody is imposing sexual views. They are demanding equal treatment. They aren't saying "be gay or leave!" They're saying "I want equal rights under the law, regardless of my orientation!" Can you spot the difference?

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Not quite sure what you're getting at here, but my point is I am for Gay Marriage, but to break down the barriers is going to take a very long time. As I just said above, I know a few gay couples who would much rather have the benefits of marriage now, and then work on getting the same ceremonial rights later.
    My comment wasnt exclusively aimed at your comment. It was just something aimed at a common argument. However, I will say what I have been saying for a long time. Progressives will progress. They wouldnt be called progressives if they just TRIED to change the world for the better and didnt actually do it. Im very sorry to everyone who disagrees with gay marriage but, you are going to lose this one eventually. Best of luck to those holding on for dear life trying to continue to keep people down.

  5. #385
    High Overlord KayossZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jefferson, Maine
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    How do you know so much about america when you live on the other side of the world? Seriously man, you only know what you read on bias blogs that favor your stance. It gets voted down every year and isnt even a case the supreme court should be hearing.
    As a Mainer I'd like to educate you on what happened this November. We (as in the people, shocking I know eh?) voted in favor of gay marriage.

    You, Rawdude and all the other people with ignorant opinions on this matter are going to be looked at in the same vein as anti mixed racial couple bigots were merely a few decades ago.

    You're sticks in the mud of progress, and ultimately will be forgotten in the annals of time. You know who won't be forgotten? President Obama for declaring his support for same sex marriage, and while he or the current SCOTUS may not be the one(s) to end this bigotry once and for all by law, you can be rest assured that a future SCOTUS/POTUS will be.
    Last edited by KayossZero; 2012-12-08 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Typo.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    And how is Sodom and Gomorrah as an example hilarious? Because you said that the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, yet the story of Sodom and Gomorrah does indeed talk about it?
    I said Jesus doesn't talk about homosexuality. Sodom and Gomorrah happened in the Old Testament.

    Or does the atheist know your bible better than you do?

    The fact is - no matter how much you try to twist it - you do things every day that are considered an abomination just like homosexuality is. Why are the things you do any better or different? Because you do them? You're a hypocrite, a bigot and not worth the time.

  7. #387
    people don't realize the supreme court's limited power. they deemed sodomy laws illegal nearly a decade ago and today, 13 states still have sodomy laws that are blatantly meant to criminalize homosexuality.

    supreme court can say what they want, but every person who wants to be married will have to take their specific case to the supreme court if they want the state to recognize their gay union. if they don't have the money/time to do that, they'll be seen as unmarried just like they are now in every state that wants to judge them as so

    supreme court does not prevent state laws from existing, they simply override those laws when the supreme court hears a case.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    How do you know so much about america when you live on the other side of the world? Seriously man, you only know what you read on bias blogs that favor your stance. It gets voted down every year and isnt even a case the supreme court should be hearing.
    How do you know what I know?
    I have numerous close relatives in the US, my mother been there and will visit again in April.
    I live in a small country contrary to you(US), hence every foreign and many domestic decisions impact me or that which may concerns me.

    Biased blogs, that is BBC I recon or our newspapers which are regulated by law to be unbiased to a higher degree than yours.
    Same as our national tv (yes we have non-state tv dont worry) which is working under the same premesis as BBC.
    You got, FOX, MSNBC as the main source of news for the majority of the population?

    The only reason it might get voted down is cos it is the easy way out, let the states decide for themselves.
    Is that a proper usage of the highest seat of legal power in the nation?

    My point was, sooner or later the US will take the same stance as the rest of the free world. When? I dont know but it will happen.
    Reason why I believe this is cos as I said, the US has been and still is in the forefront regarding so many liberties and there is simply no way to
    disregard this aspect.

    You would be surprised how short of a distance the "other side of the world" is in a globalized world even though you might refuse to believe it, being the person that blamed Obama for everything, being the devil whatnot
    Putins agresssions brings back the cold war.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Infjustice View Post
    How are his sexual views being imposed on you? Is he forcing you to go marry another man? Naw man, naw.
    Am i forcing you to be anti gay marriage based on religion? Come on people, its an obvious double standard.

    Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.

  10. #390
    I am Murloc! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    So sinister. Okay. My deepest apologies for being straight. I guess we will see.
    The way you worded that, made it seem as if you oppose other people having sex with the same gender, because you don't do it. You should apologise for being a fool, not for being straight.

    I want to know why you oppose homosexuality though. This thread has given hundreds of bits of proof about how almost every religious text is not against homosexuality.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    The majority of the things you listed were directed towards the Jews, and those all were not labeled as 'abominations'. Sin is sin. The Bible does not say homosexuality is the worst possible sin that there is. It does not have certain things marked as being 'bad' or 'worse' sins. But there are different punishments for different sins.

    And how is Sodom and Gomorrah as an example hilarious? Because you said that the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, yet the story of Sodom and Gomorrah does indeed talk about it? The most holy man in town (Lot) offered his daughters because the two angels that visited him were under his roof and were his guests. The people in the city came to Lot's door saying to bring the men (angels) out to them, so that they may know them, which is speaking of homosexuality. And then Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

    You say that the Bible does not speak of homosexuality, yet when I show you an example, you find it hilarious. You seem to not want to know what the Bible says, which I'm sure you don't. But you can not say that it does not speak against homosexuality, because it does.

    And also, to whoever was saying that I have another account because of my obviously small post count; I do not. I use Mmo to check for updates and what not, and have had no urge to post until today.
    No, he said the New Testament, Jesus specifically, does not speak on homosexuality. The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is from the Old Testament, the same place as the other "sins" he listed that are all commonly practiced, and patently ridiculous.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I can't tell when people are trolling anymore.
    He's not, that's just chadwix. Expecting him to know things about the world will leave you about as satisfied as expecting your dog to be a mathematician.

  13. #393
    Scarab Lord Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boredom leads to apathy, apathy leads to lazy, and lazy leads to obesidy.
    Posts
    4,707
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Using Sodom and Gomorrah as an example is hilarious. The most holy man in the town offered up his two children for the Angels to rape so they wouldn't destroy the town.

    Anyway, things the bible calls an abomination and are on the same level as homosexuality:

    Women wearing pants.

    Tattoos.

    Lying. At all. About anything.

    Eating seafood.

    Eating pork.

    Eating anything that has hooves.

    Eating anything that walks on four legs.

    Planting more than one type of crop in a field.

    Wearing clothes made from more than one material.

    Touching a woman at all while she's on her period.

    That's all I can think of off the top of my head without reading up on my Leviticus. I'm sure you've committed every one of those except for homosexuality.
    On the subject of Jewish beliefs used incorrectly by Christians, ask a Jew.

    1. Sodom and Gomorrah was not about homosexuality, the sin of those people was Xenophobia. In Semitic tradition you are to treat strangers as family. The Sodomites did not.

    2. Lot, who was guilty of Incest -married sister -slept with daughter was the holy man in the story.

    3. Food laws:
    a. Seafood: Only fish with fins and scales are ok -so no shellfish, no eel, no shark, no catfish.
    b. land animals: only four legged animals with split hoofs that chew cud - No horse, no pig, no belly crawlers, no rabits, no kangaroo, no Crocodile
    c. Birds: no birds of prey, or scavengers, only birds that eat meal (aka worms and grain) (means chicken, and turkey are ok)
    e. Insects: Only if they eat grains and have jumping legs. ie only grasshoppers/locus.

    3. Mixing is bad -food, meat and milk, clothing, fabrics, crops..ironically not colors Jews were allowed to be tacky. ;p

    4. Women: they were property and unclean, you should only interact with them when you have to have sex, if they are on the period use your other wives.

    5. No marking of your flesh in any way.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Am i forcing you to be anti gay marriage based on religion? Come on people, its an obvious double standard.

    Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.
    Civil unions do not convey the same rights as a marriage. Nobody is forcing a church to perform homosexual marriages, just like they aren't forced to perform atheist marriages. We have Justices of the Peace for that.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  15. #395
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So imposing religious views is bad, imposing sexual views is fine?
    Correct. But only if those religious views affect others that are not you.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.
    Marriage, as a legal entity, has absolutely nothing to do with churches at all.

  17. #397
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,686
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Am i forcing you to be anti gay marriage based on religion? Come on people, its an obvious double standard.

    Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.
    Are you blind?

    NOBODY IS TRYING TO MAKE THE CHURCHES ACCEPT GAY MARRIAGE. THIS IS ENTIRELY SECULAR. People want secular gay marriage to be legalized and for the GOP to stop trying to deny them this right. That is what this entire movement is about, you cad.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Am i forcing you to be anti gay marriage based on religion? Come on people, its an obvious double standard.

    Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.
    Are you really that ignorant on the issue? Most states don't recognize civil unions between two members of the same sex because of the religious right. And even then, civil unions offer about half the rights that marriages do.

    Nobody cares whether the churches accept them or not, outside of the fact that it's largely the church pressuring the law makers into making them invalid.

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    people don't realize the supreme court's limited power. they deemed sodomy laws illegal nearly a decade ago and today, 13 states still have sodomy laws that are blatantly meant to criminalize homosexuality.

    supreme court can say what they want, but every person who wants to be married will have to take their specific case to the supreme court if they want the state to recognize their gay union. if they don't have the money/time to do that, they'll be seen as unmarried just like they are now in every state that wants to judge them as so

    supreme court does not prevent state laws from existing, they simply override those laws when the supreme court hears a case.
    I don't think you quite get what the supreme court is. It is the only analyst of the Constitution. There's no veto power against it. If the Supreme Court green lights gay marriage, there's nothing a state can do to stop it. Let's take a look back at civil rights shall we? Schools tried to resist there. Also, cases aren't taken to the supreme court by individual parties. It's not the standard court case.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Am i forcing you to be anti gay marriage based on religion? Come on people, its an obvious double standard.

    Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.
    You're restricting the rights of gays to be married. There's no double standard here, just your sub-par one.
    Everyone has a right to their opinion- but lets get this straight- they're not all equal.
    Also, marriages aren't just done by churches. Justice of the Peace #1.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    people don't realize the supreme court's limited power. they deemed sodomy laws illegal nearly a decade ago and today, 13 states still have sodomy laws that are blatantly meant to criminalize homosexuality.

    supreme court can say what they want, but every person who wants to be married will have to take their specific case to the supreme court if they want the state to recognize their gay union. if they don't have the money/time to do that, they'll be seen as unmarried just like they are now in every state that wants to judge them as so

    supreme court does not prevent state laws from existing, they simply override those laws when the supreme court hears a case.
    Actually, the Supreme Court case on sodomy has declared all those laws unconstitutional, so even though they are on the books, they are unenforceable. If a state were to attempt to try someone for sodomy, they could face all kinds of problems from the federal government, without any need for the person to initiate a case before the SCotUS.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •