Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
... LastLast
  1. #541
    I think its disgusting they took it away from Cali in the first place, you can't just give people hope and then yank it away. The only reason against same sex marriage is religion and state and religion are separate.

  2. #542
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    You can't compare what I said to the civil rights movement.. What you said is basically labeling gays as their own race. There are gays of every race and skin color. It's not who they are, but rather what they DO that makes it 'unnatural'.

    Enjoy your drink. But don't drink to yourself. That is rather vain.


    "Funny how an oppressor's fight against equality is fueled by their irrational fear that they will eventually become the oppressed."

    Funny how the oppressed can't wait to be on top and be the oppressor.. /end retarded statements.. Male and female has been the ideal partnership since the beginning of time. If all of our past ancestors were gay, then the world wouldn't be what it is today. Humankind would cease to exist if the larger population of humans were homosexuals, and that is the direction that humans seem to be going in. It's not a fight against equality. You can be gay if you want. I could care less. But stop pushing and pushing and pushing it and shoving it down everyone's throats. Everyone is equal. So leave it at that. What you do behind close doors no one else wants to hear. But it's not behind closed doors anymore. It's out in everyone's faces and I'm sick and tired of it.
    According to your bible...EVE was created from the rib of a pig...How is that NOT an animal ?

    BTW you should try to live in 2012...Where evolution is a fact and the bible a bunch of stories writen by NOBODIY KNOWS who....

    Why should you care about what other people do IN PRIVATE in their house ? Mind your own business...You're hetero ? GOOD FOR YOU ! I looooooooove woman too...But I really, REALLY don't give a shit if my neighbor, landlord, grand-father prefers to have sex with a man or a woman...IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING in our relations.....

    So why do you feel so threatened by gay marriage ? What's the REAL issue here ? Don't give me the bullshit about it is against nature.....Explain to me where the threat is.

  3. #543
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well someone attempted to kill me because I am gay. So care to tell me why that's a laughable comparison?
    When I came out as female-identified and gay to my father, I spent three nights recovering in a hospital. I spent the rest of my life under that roof until I turned 18 living in hell. I'm still going to therapy to deal with the fallout from that.

    I don't see what the funny side of it is, either.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Hi, i live in the middle east, we punish people for being gay. Did i just make a point in a thread on gay marriage in the united states?

    "Actually churches can refuse to Marry straight couples for any reason."

    They can also refuse to marry white people for any reason, the problem is when you have a black couple (or other minority status) it then becomes open to discrimination. This is the angle gay people should be taking, not correlating it to lynching and slavery (because people laugh at that comparison).
    He was simply pointing out that allowing gay couples to marry is neither the end of the world, nor would it *force* churches to perform their ceremonies.

    It doesn't have to be about slavery or lynchings to be discrimination. People are comparing this to the black civil rights movement because a lot of the same BS that was being spouted then by proponents of segregation is being spouted now by those against gay rights.

  5. #545
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    According to your bible...EVE was created from the rib of a pig...How is that NOT an animal ?

    BTW you should try to live in 2012...Where evolution is a fact and the bible a bunch of stories writen by NOBODIY KNOWS who....

    Why should you care about what other people do IN PRIVATE in their house ? Mind your own business...You're hetero ? GOOD FOR YOU ! I looooooooove woman too...But I really, REALLY don't give a shit if my neighbor, landlord, grand-father prefers to have sex with a man or a woman...IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING in our relations.....

    So why do you feel so threatened by gay marriage ? What's the REAL issue here ? Don't give me the bullshit about it is against nature.....Explain to me where the threat is.
    In Hebrew Eve isn't even a "she"until after the fruit is eaten. It's more like there was Adam, Adam's help meat "the words used for this helper were all male" and then forbidden fruit, then help meat has "female"words. which makes sense. If we think back then for a moment before the fruit was eaten they were immortal, add mortality and now they need to reproduce.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well someone attempted to kill me because I am gay. So care to tell me why that's a laughable comparison?
    After debating with you on these forums i doubt it had anything to do with your sexuality :P

    Im saying the right to get 75% off your dental because your partner gets health care at work is a laughable comparison to slavery and killing. Its not going to bring the people who are undecided on to your side, it makes you sound very petty. Correlating it the way i described would give you a better shot at them.

    Just saying, im against it because it isnt needed and has no impact on my life. Country is going to hell, id think we have more important stuff to worry about.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...7848623016.jpg

    But seriously, you made me laugh.

    Infracted: Please post constructively.
    I'm sad you got infracted for a post directed at me that made me laugh, whether you thought I was serious in the quoted post or not.

  8. #548
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    When I came out as female-identified and gay to my father, I spent three nights recovering in a hospital. I spent the rest of my life under that roof until I turned 18 living in hell. I'm still going to therapy to deal with the fallout from that.

    I don't see what the funny side of it is, either.
    I'm sorry, that's just horrible. Therapy is rather good, has done me quite good over the years. Though now I don't see anyway...I probably should though.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Just saying, im against it because it isnt needed and has no impact on my life.
    That's really all anyone needs to know about you and your stance. "Doesn't effect me, so no!"

  10. #550
    Just saying, im against it because it isnt needed and has no impact on my life. Country is going to hell, id think we have more important stuff to worry about.
    What, exactly, is more important than civil liberties? Isn't the history of the US rooted in liberation and freedom from tyrannical oppression?

  11. #551
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,097
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    After debating with you on these forums i doubt it had anything to do with your sexuality :P
    Right because a person calling me a faggot while they try to stab me, when prior they were going on about how they hate gays has nothing to do with it.

    You're against it because it isn't needed and has no impact on your life?

    I would like to marry thank you, but I can't because it's not recognized. So I need it because I want to be a fucking equal citizen. If it doesn't have an impact on your life either way WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU AGAINST IT?!

    There are more important things at hand than the systematic discrimination of gays and bisexual people in this country? The discrimination of a rather large group of people being told they don't have equal rights because of who they are with doesn't matter at all?

  12. #552
    Stood in the Fire Rommon64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    What, exactly, is more important than civil liberties? Isn't the history of the US rooted in liberation and freedom from tyrannical oppression?
    Money, duh! The all mighty dollar is more important than humans rights!

    Ugh.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

  13. #553
    Yes. it's that time.
    Who are the most famous of all the great would be exterminators of the gays? ^_^ the very people who gave them the pink triangle. The Nazis :P

    Americans are not Nazi sympathizers rite? ^_^ lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    What, exactly, is more important than civil liberties? Isn't the history of the US rooted in liberation and freedom from tyrannical oppression?
    The funny thing is that he thinks we have "more important things to worry about", when it's people like him that are causing all the worry. If it weren't for people like him gay couples would have been getting married for years and nobody would be talking about it.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    That's really all anyone needs to know about you and your stance. "Doesn't effect me, so no!"
    At least im being honest. Unlike those obama voters on ebt who "support his policies". Thats another discussion though :P

    "When I came out as female-identified and gay to my father, I spent three nights recovering in a hospital. I spent the rest of my life under that roof until I turned 18 living in hell. I'm still going to therapy to deal with the fallout from that.

    I don't see what the funny side of it is, either. "

    I apologize for the way i came off. I meant the right to be married vs the civil union is the laughable comparison, not what you and Themius endured. Sorry about that. I didnt mean to equate the two in that reguard.

  16. #556
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    After debating with you on these forums i doubt it had anything to do with your sexuality :P

    Im saying the right to get 75% off your dental because your partner gets health care at work is a laughable comparison to slavery and killing. Its not going to bring the people who are undecided on to your side, it makes you sound very petty. Correlating it the way i described would give you a better shot at them.

    Just saying, im against it because it isnt needed and has no impact on my life. Country is going to hell, id think we have more important stuff to worry about.
    Gay people have been beaten, insulted and mistreated for a very, very long time. You simply need to look at this video to see how bad it really was at one point.


    The fact that we are at a point in which we consider gay peoples mistreatment to not even be on the same page as the mistreatment of blacks is a victory. It shows how hard we have a fought and how far we have come.

    The fact that you don't consider it important enough to worry about is irrelevant, if you truly feel that way support it so we can move past this point and focus on other things. Trying to ignore it will not work, you cannot silence them any longer.

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Gay people have been beaten, insulted and mistreated for a very, very long time. You simply need to look at this video to see how bad it really was at one point.
    Thats not what this topic is about, no one is going to agree that its ok to harm people emotionally/physically over their sexual orientation. This is about marriage benefits, not personal safety.

    Im not watching your video, her story was enough negative i need for the rest of the day

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    You simply need to look at this video to see how bad it really was at one point.
    That video lies. It says, "One never knows when the homosexual is about." You always know when the homosexual is about. Everything suddenly gets fabulouuuuuuuuus.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadenz91 View Post
    I think its disgusting they took it away from Cali in the first place, you can't just give people hope and then yank it away. The only reason against same sex marriage is religion and state and religion are separate.
    im going to have to disagree with you.the law says that i can marry my 2nd cousin,but that does not make it right.people still think marrying your 2nd cousin is wrong and looked down on.just because the law says its ok does not make it ok or morally right.so there's more to "gay marriage" then it being against religions.

    i have the right to be happy you say,wrong again.lets say "for example" i want to marry my 1st cousin because we get along great and love each other.we take steps to make sure we do not have any kids.no tell me why we cant get married?simple answer its wrong and more so morally wrong.same can be said for gay marriage,religion is only one argument against it.

  20. #560
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,097
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Thats not what this topic is about, no one is going to agree that its ok to harm people emotionally/physically over their sexual orientation. This is about marriage benefits, not personal safety.

    Im not watching your video, her story was enough negative i need for the rest of the day
    x group was beaten insulted mistreated, then after that, they faced horrible civil rights which took years to fix. What group am I talking about, and what other groups can this pertain to?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    That video lies. It says, "One never knows when the homosexual is about." You always know when the homosexual is about. Everything suddenly gets fabulouuuuuuuuus.
    Right because every gay man is super gay and every straight woman is super girly and every straight man is super macho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •