Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    I am embarrassed that it is almost 2013 and people still care whether another man who they don't even know loves the cock or not.

    And if you hate gay people so much, blame the straight people. We're the ones who keep making gay babies.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2012-12-08 at 10:31 AM.

  2. #162
    I donno why people have such an obsession with being 'natural' these days. I'd rather have an aspirin than some nightshade.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I donno why people have such an obsession with being 'natural' these days. I'd rather have an aspirin than some nightshade.
    It's a less obviously fallacious way of saying "because it feels wrong to me".

  4. #164
    Itisamuh your arguments against Gay Marriage are completely off base. You argue that Gay marriage should not be legal based off the fact that gay couples can't reproduce. You need to separate two things here. The first being that evolution and reproduction are natural, and the second being that the term "Marriage" or "Civil Union" is something that has been created by humans and applied as a quality of life. The argument for rejecting DOMA is that church and state are separated and denying a gay couple rights that only a straight couple has is simply unconstitutional. Whether your argument is religious or not you simply can't deny any group rights that are provided to everyone else based on preference for a specific gender. Just as others have alluded to this has long been overdue, and should have happened a long time ago.

    Meant this guy "Itisamuh" sorry got the names confused.
    Last edited by Frostys99; 2012-12-08 at 11:08 AM.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostys99 View Post
    Semphore your arguments against Gay Marriage are completely off base. You argue that Gay marriage should not be legal based off the fact that gay couples can't reproduce. You need to separate two things here. The first being that evolution and reproduction are natural, and the second being that the term "Marriage" or "Civil Union" is something that has been created by humans and applied as a quality of life. The argument for rejecting DOMA is that church and state are separated and denying a gay couple rights that only a straight couple has is simply unconstitutional. Whether your argument is religious or not you simply can't deny any group rights that are provided to everyone else based on preference for a specific gender. Just as others have alluded to this has long been overdue, and should have happened a long time ago.
    What?

    No really. What?

  6. #166
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    7,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostys99 View Post
    Semphore your arguments against Gay Marriage are completely off base. You argue that Gay marriage should not be legal based off the fact that gay couples can't reproduce. You need to separate two things here. The first being that evolution and reproduction are natural, and the second being that the term "Marriage" or "Civil Union" is something that has been created by humans and applied as a quality of life. The argument for rejecting DOMA is that church and state are separated and denying a gay couple rights that only a straight couple has is simply unconstitutional. Whether your argument is religious or not you simply can't deny any group rights that are provided to everyone else based on preference for a specific gender. Just as others have alluded to this has long been overdue, and should have happened a long time ago.
    I think you're referring to someone else, not sema.

  7. #167
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The courts have treated marriage as a civil liberty and think of it as such. Just when it comes to straight couples though. Which is discrimination.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:02 AM ----------



    Oh right... I chose to be part of a sexuality many people don't like for some reason which has led to some very stressful times through my life. Tell me Orlong, when did you "decide" to "become" straight.
    I didnt choose to be straight, everyone is born that way, hence why 90% of people are straight. For the record my comment wasnt meant to be antigay or anything, you have the right to choose to be gay, and I dont really care if you make that choice, but its wrong to try and tell people that gay people are born that way. science still has yet to prove that people are born gay (there are theories but they arent proof) and until science proves it I will continue to believe its a choice made either because homosexuals like the lifestyle or were drawn to it because of some childhood traumatizations such as molestation or growing up in a single parent household.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    (there are theories but they arent proof)
    In science, 'theory' is the highest level of "trueness" an explanation can get. In casual conversation, go ahead and use the layman term but please use it as intended when it actually comes to scientific discussions.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I didnt choose to be straight, everyone is born that way
    No, we're not. You have no factual or scientific basis whatsoever for your claims.

  10. #170
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

    It does not say equal to, or recognized as or anything of the sort. But, thats just my take on it. I want to see same sex marriage, but I don't think this is going anywhere. Webster needs to change the definition to

    The state of 2 individuals in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law. Then you can play the unconstitutional game.
    So what would be there to stop 2 straight guys or straight girls who just decide to get married just for the tax benefits but arent in love and dont live together. Or whats to stop 2 straight people from marrying when one finds out he has a month to live just so he can hand over his estate to evade taxes since the other spouse doesnt pay taxes on an estate when they are now technically also the owner of it through marriage. I can see this happening so often that everyone elses taxes will be raised to compensate for it.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So what would be there to stop 2 straight guys or straight girls who just decide to get married just for the tax benefits but arent in love and dont live together. Or whats to stop 2 straight people from marrying when one finds out he has a month to live just so he can hand over his estate to evade taxes since the other spouse doesnt pay taxes on an estate when they are now technically also the owner of it through marriage. I can see this happening so often that everyone elses taxes will be raised to compensate for it.

    You're kidding right.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So what would be there to stop 2 straight guys or straight girls who just decide to get married just for the tax benefits but arent in love and dont live together... I can see this happening so often that everyone elses taxes will be raised to compensate for it.
    What's there to stop a man and woman marry each other just for the benefits? What a nonsensical reason for discrimination.

  13. #173
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Michael Jackson choose to be white, but frankly if you can choose to be gay you where never straight. The reason I know the "homosexuality is a choice" argument is BS is because I know it is not a choice I could ever make, I simply am not wired that way. I find the thought of two men having sex to be repugnant. So I know that anyone why feels the opposite of me is not making a choice but is fundamentally different then I am in a significant way.

    Some people are just gay. The sooner you come to except that the happier we'll all be.
    First of all Michael Jackson had a skin disease he didnt "bleach" his skin as some people suggest. Second, I couldnt make the choice to go skydiving but other people can so just because you couldnt choose to be gay doesnt mean someone else couldnt

  14. #174
    The only reason to be against same sex marriage is religious bigotry.

  15. #175
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So what would be there to stop 2 straight guys or straight girls who just decide to get married just for the tax benefits but arent in love and dont live together. Or whats to stop 2 straight people from marrying when one finds out he has a month to live just so he can hand over his estate to evade taxes since the other spouse doesnt pay taxes on an estate when they are now technically also the owner of it through marriage. I can see this happening so often that everyone elses taxes will be raised to compensate for it.
    Straight couples do it all the time. Your genitalia has nothing to do with this scenario. Furthermore, need I re-link the study that showed proof that sexuality can be determined on a genetic level by altering or removing the FucM gene in lab mice that was carried out in South Korea? Let me reiterate that: One miniscule difference in genetic makeup can vastly impact an individual's sexuality; to say nothing of the fact that "choosing" your sexuality is a ridiculous concept.

    Let's carry out a little scientific experiment. Try to choose to be into a sexual kink or a gender that you're not currently into. If you can't or won't, congrats, you have debunked your own stance.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  16. #176
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    In science, 'theory' is the highest level of "trueness" an explanation can get. In casual conversation, go ahead and use the layman term but please use it as intended when it actually comes to scientific discussions.
    A theory is an idea or hypothesis. I recognize nothing as true other than scientific PROOF

  17. #177
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,119
    President Barack Obama, who backed gay marriage in May, also took the unusual step of announcing that his administration would not back Doma in court.

    The law is supported by Republicans in Congress, and lawyers acting for the House of Representatives leadership are defending the law instead of the US government.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20649353

    Oh man, I would love to see this court case...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  18. #178
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    A theory is an idea or hypothesis. I recognize nothing as true other than scientific PROOF
    Here's that study I was talking about. Also, from dictionary.com on the word 'Theory':
    Quote Originally Posted by Theory at Dictionary.com
    1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  19. #179
    Legendary! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Straight couples do it all the time. Your genitalia has nothing to do with this scenario. Furthermore, need I re-link the study that showed proof that sexuality can be determined on a genetic level by altering or removing the FucM gene in lab mice that was carried out in South Korea? Let me reiterate that: One miniscule difference in genetic makeup can vastly impact an individual's sexuality; to say nothing of the fact that "choosing" your sexuality is a ridiculous concept.

    Let's carry out a little scientific experiment. Try to choose to be into a sexual kink or a gender that you're not currently into. If you can't or won't, congrats, you have debunked your own stance.
    I believe sexual kinks are also obtained through some traumatic experience as a person was growing up. If they were so normal everyone would have those kinks, they are called kinks for a reason. For instance someone who is a looner (has sex with balloons or get aroused by rubbing or popping balloons) may have been denied the pleasure of owning a balloon for their entire childhood, so when they become an adult they overindulge in playing with balloons and development a kink for them.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    A theory is an idea or hypothesis. I recognize nothing as true other than scientific PROOF
    It's hard not to argue semantics when you are so clearly incorrect about the definition of a word.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •